You don't have the Right.... To be Angry...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 16 Next
Personally, I realize that D2 wasn't as good as it is today when it first started, but if you look at it from a stand point that they should have been looking at it as, it should have been a much more interesting and better game. For instance...

D1 v1.... D1 v10 similar to D2 v1.... D2 v10 similar to D3 v1. That isn't the case here. D3 v1 is similar to D2 v1. You are supposed to progress, not regress. They took the name, kind of took the story, the characters, the general game play and the random items. That's about all. Everything else, they didn't even make a resemblance of in this game. I am sure I am missing a few things, but there aren't even as close to as many features in this game as there are in D2.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying D2 has a better end game or whatever else since it's exactly the same thing essentially, just with PVP. Thing is, when you make a successor of a game, specifically games that follow a single story, they should carry all or at least most of the predecessor. From D1-D2, they kept most everything apart from the original classes and some of the items such as spell books. D3 barely has anything that resembles anything from D2 or D1.
I only hope the dev team is angry about the outcome and it not being widely accepted.
Sure they made a lot of money. Sure the game was a financial success.
Gotta look on the other hand. The game was a total reputation killer.

Right I will NOT disagree they made a lot of money with d3... They did.. but for them to say they made the awesome game and that's the reason for all the profits.. I HIGHLY disagree..

D1-D2 paved the road for D3's paycheck.. D3 could of had been an text adventure and it would have sold..
To get into an emotional twist over a game makes no sense at all. Moreover, global changes to the game will not happen overnight. Do I believe they are working to tweak the game....yes. Do you think they have to follow players expectations regarding deadlines or timelines. No.
Its that simple.

Some get upset over car racing. Others get upset over football. Some get upset at a museum, while others get upset at games. To you it may seem trivial, but it's pretty relative. When it's about hobbies, a lot of people can be very passionate, and it's completely respectable, regardless of whatever value you decide to attribute to such things. A lot of people could find whatever "upsets" you pretty silly as well.
Thread is best in slot!
Excellent summation of the terri-bad history of D3 this far. Too bad it will fall on blind eyes and deaf ears.
Lets make sure this epic thread stay in page 1 so all those fanboys can see. You can add #41, they constant missed their ETA and going silence for an extended period of time.
01/05/2013 08:10 PMPosted by Skyline
Lets make sure this epic thread stay in page 1 so all those fanboys can see. You can add #41, they constant missed their ETA and going silence for an extended period of time.

Well for the CM's we sorta asked them to not post about kittens and stuff..
So they stopped..

We then got asked how they could improve..

Then We asked for them to only give us information about what's going on for patches and issues with the game...

So until they get information or want to talk about issues with the game they are doing exactly what we told them to...

As for the Dev's we can only hope someone is cracking the whip and they are working hard on improving the game...
Nice post. Thanks.
Maybe someone can point me to a few threads where the players are telling blizzard exactly what they want, cause I have seen 0. The posts I have seen from all complainers are so general that its ridiculous. I have responded to a post made very recently that goes into more detail about it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415496584#2

The majority of the "negative" posts I see fall into one of four categories.

• This buff/nerf is bad, blizzard sucks
  • This buff/nerf is bad, here is why
  • Make legendaries better, itemization is horrible, skills suck
  • It's bad, just....bad
  • Based on the negative posts that fall into one of the above categories, blizzard takes another crack at "fixing" the glaring problems that the players complain about. However, since the blizzard development team has no idea how to fix these problems in a way that will appease the fans, all their attempts have failed.

Before I thought it was because blizzard doesn't listen to the fans. But now, I feel its more about the fans not being specific enough about what they want. You do not see too many posts laying out detailed examples about how to make loot and itemization better. But you see tons of hate threads about how their "improved legendary's" fail.

The community of D3 players who are unhappy, if they really wanted to get Blizzard to help make D3 a better game, they have to stop being lazy and not just point out what doesn't work. Blizzard has dropped the ball on what makes Diablo...well, Diablo. They need our help to make the game better. This is a serious issue that players need to realize. At the current state D3 is in, I honestly think blizzard has no idea what to do to fix it.However, I could be horribly wrong and their development process was placed at the hands of their marketing team and ALL of this is completely intended to prolong the games life. If thats the case, I wouldn't be surprised.

When PvP comes out, don't just make posts about how unbalanced it is. Don't make posts about how bad they screwed up. Instead, give suggestions and make detailed constructive posts about how to fix the problems. If half the amount of effort that went into making the hundreds of thousands of hate threads were instead funneled into making constructive criticism and brainstorming ideas to make D3 better....it would have been by now.

Blizzard was 100% at fault for D3 being a horrid game at launch. The fans, however, are the ones to blame for not helping to get it fixed. So to all you privileged and lazy gamers out there, you can not count on blizzard to make this game better, its up to the fans to push criticism and ideas to improve it.
    01/05/2013 08:56 PMPosted by Nails
    Before I thought it was because blizzard doesn't listen to the fans. But now, I feel its more about the fans not being specific enough about what they want. You do not see too many posts laying out detailed examples about how to make loot and itemization better. But you see tons of hate threads about how their "improved legendary's" fail.

I disagree with apart of this however I respect your opinion..

We never got a Poll or PTR asking how much to change things or what skills should be changed or buffed..

THEY JUST DID IT ON THEIR OWN...

Couldn't agree with you more Nails.

I certainly don't remember a poll about nerfing IAS into the ground, tripling repair costs, any of the class nerfs, the removal of the enchanting artisan, doing away with the skill tree, releasing without PvP, or any of the other things on that very long list.
    the sad part is even if it is a constructive post (which CM and fanboys use as a reason to defend the state of the game when they say it isnt constructive) it is highly doubtful blue will respond or acknowledge it but post on useless threads like who is your fav companion or what item would u like to have in RL (like seriously ....)

I approve of this thread, well done sir +1
    This thread will be deleteby monday!
    bumping