some things i dont understand about D3 lore

Lore and Story
ok so the first thing is i dont understand is i know in D3 lore demons and angles you know...
'made' the nephalem but the thing i dont understand about that is angles have no body so how could the demons and angels 'make' the nephalem and the nephalem could not have come from the crystal arch because there have demon and couldent have come in wake of a demon lord because there have angle 2th thing i dont understand is why do alot of ppl thing adria will reveal her self to be the mother of the nephalem as i remember izual traped the mother of the nephalem in the void for wanting to use the nephalem as her army so i dont think by d3 lore it would be imposible for that to happin but there alot in that diablo that dosent make sence so maby it could

well thanks for reading and if you know the anser to any of the things i dont understand please coment no trolls please
If angel's didn't have bodies they wouldn't be able to fight against demons.

Angels have bodies and they made the nephalem somewhere other than the Crystal Arch (which is why the angels didn't know about it).

I suspect the mother of the nephalem you're referring to is Lilith and she has escaped the void twice, so a third escape isn't impossible. Unsure why she'd aid Diablo rather than her father (Mephisto).
thanks! i never herd of her escaping the void but thx for the answer
nephalem isn't biblical. it is a term used during all of history starting with the Sumarians. Sumaria was far before the bible.
Actually the story is that Angels were born of pure light that materialized into a crystal form. Mating is then possible.

01/07/2013 10:18 AMPosted by uanime5
Unsure why she'd aid Diablo rather than her father (Mephisto).

She despises Mephisto, I think because he tried to kill her once or twice.

As far as Adria being Lilith, eh... I hope not. If they bring back Lilith they better bring back Inarius and Rahthem. For that matter, just bring all the 1st gen Nephalems including the Druids.

Inarius and Malthael actually makes more sense to me. It also gives us the chance to revisit one of the coolest places in Diablo lore. Pandemonium fortress.
They mated without the nasty. Probably just threw some essence on the table and watched it come together....
*Cracks fingers and stretches neck*
Alrightio i'll do my best to answer all these questions and whatnots from the Lore books and from all that i've read.

ok so the first thing is i dont understand is i know in D3 lore demons and angles you know... 'made' the nephalem but the thing i dont understand about that is angles have no body so how could the demons and angels 'make' the nephalem and the nephalem could not have come from the crystal arch because there have demon and couldent have come in wake of a demon lord because there have angle

Angels, have no body. You are right on that. The suit of armor we see is just them having a manifestation so that they can communicate easier and use weapons.
They could still "mate" with other beings. As far as we know, they are made of "sound" but that still doesnt mean that they can NOT reproduce through some for of magic. Magic is very common in this world. :)

---

01/05/2013 04:14 PMPosted by terrydump
2th thing i dont understand is why do alot of ppl thing adria will reveal her self to be the mother of the nephalem as i remember izual traped the mother of the nephalem in the void for wanting to use the nephalem as her army so i dont think by d3 lore it would be imposible for that to happin but there alot in that diablo that dosent make sence so maby it could

Adria is NOT the mother of the Nephelem. She was corrupted by Diablo through Aiden. (Diablo 1).
The Mother is Lillith - daughter of Mephisto, who was NOT sent to the void, but simply banished from the world of sanctuary. This could very well be just a "I dont want to see your face here" thing without actually using magic.

----
Alright, so that goes for the OP, now, for the rest.

01/07/2013 10:18 AMPosted by uanime5
I suspect the mother of the nephalem you're referring to is Lilith and she has escaped the void twice, so a third escape isn't impossible. Unsure why she'd aid Diablo rather than her father (Mephisto).

I am unfamiliar with the concept of anyone escaping the void. The Prime Evils did so via soulstones.
If you are unsure why she would side with Diablo? Its quite simple and funny actually.
Mephisto is the Lord of Hatred, he never loved his own daughter. She, in return, hated him and would do anything to kill him as he tried to have her killed many times. (Mephisto just wants to see the world hate itself. The more she hates him, the stronger he gets.)

---

01/14/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Picard
The real shame is why do "nephalems" even exist? Why cant our characters be human? Why do they have to fking take the biblical route

We ARE humans. We ARE nephalem. Humans are Nephalem with their powers reduced from the Worldstone. They did not really take the biblical route, as far as that goes.
But if you consider Angels and Demons and the Devil being Diablo... well its easy to see how there is many ressemble to the Bible.

---

And thats my take on it! Any more questions?
@Picard: You are playing a game called Diablo and you are worried about your PC being called a Nephalem?

/facedesk
Nephalem are angels and human not demons and angels.

Basically they took some of the old greek mythology ideas regarding demi-gods and changed a few things lol.

The greek gods would come down and "get busy" with human females.
Nephalem are angels and human not demons and angels.Basically they took some of the old greek mythology ideas regarding demi-gods and changed a few things lol. The greek gods would come down and "get busy" with human females.

As told by Greek mythology, yes.

But this is Diablo mythology, its different. There are MANY religions and myths that are VERY similar yet differ on little key factors like these.

I beleive the writers did a wonderful job :D
I believe this game can change, there is high potential for it, I feel the expansion is going to fill a lot of what the game needs. I do believe that each current act can be extended as well as a new one. New spells for each character would be nice as well as new characters. Just give the game some time, it will be around for awhile. If the developers start hearing more positive things, it will help them make a better game. :)

2th thing i dont understand is why do alot of ppl thing adria will reveal her self to be the mother of the nephalem as i remember izual traped the mother of the nephalem in the void for wanting to use the nephalem as her army so i dont think by d3 lore it would be imposible for that to happin but there alot in that diablo that dosent make sence so maby it could

Adria is NOT the mother of the Nephelem. She was corrupted by Diablo through Aiden. (Diablo 1).
The Mother is Lillith - daughter of Mephisto.

Actually, that's not correct. According to the lore (The Sin Wars Trilogy, for starters), Lilith and Inarius are not the mother and father of All the Nephalem, but just of Rathma. For instance, Bul-Kathos is said to have born out of another couple.

It wasn't Izual who banished Lilith from Sanctuary, but her lover, Inarius (a former member of the Angiris Council, a renegade angel) Izual was Tyrael's lieutenant, as Diablo recalls a moment before you reach this fallen angel in act 4.