Do you think we get to keep SV for PvP?

Witch Doctor
I've been pondering a lot on how dueling is going to work out for us WDs. IMO, SV is the single most powerful skill we have in terms of PVP, it pretty much gives us a 2nd life. No other class has this.

Now assuming that there will be certain "restrictions/balancing" even just for dueling, what do you think are the chances this passive makes it?
I think it absolutely makes it dude. Wizards have similar, but less good version. However, i dont think the SV breaks pvp.

Legacy nats breaks pvp from offensive standpoint.
0s dogs breaks pvp from defensive standpoint.

I think those are examples of gear that won't make it into pvp. As for skills, I dont know how much changing they will do. We will see, and my recommendation is save the pondering for when we get some concrete details in the next week or so.

or never, based on blizz history.
it pretty much gives us a 2nd life. No other class has this.

You really dont know much about other classes do you...
Monks have second life
it pretty much gives us a 2nd life. No other class has this.

You really dont know much about other classes do you...

Not sure what you are thinking of, but I'm referring to the fact that SV is an "always on" invincibility. Other classes have dmg mitigation spells, but nothing that guarantees survival. But if I missed something, please enlighten me.
01/07/2013 12:24 PMPosted by TRS
Monks have second life

Are you referring to Serenity? If so, I actually think that our SW is comparable to it, where you have a "timed" dmg mitigation. But I think SV is more powerful in the sense that it guarantees life, where otherwise you would have died.
Monks have Near Death Experience, which restores them to 35% life and only has a 60s wait period, versus our 90 second wait period. Ours has the 2s invincibilty, which is nice, but only restores to 15% life.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/passive/near-death-experience

0s dogs breaks pvp from defensive standpoint.

oh god why....
Hex breaks everything. It makes it to where the target can't use their abilities, therefore no way to break out of it, and it's always up. Methinks that is where we will get our PvP nerf, not SV. Blizz will either massively reduce the cc time on Hex or they will let people use their escape abilities after being hexed.
01/07/2013 05:00 PMPosted by MikeHoncho
Hex breaks everything.

Thrive on Chaos
01/07/2013 05:00 PMPosted by MikeHoncho
Hex breaks everything.

Jaunt
most classes have cc breaking abilities *shrugs* so I dont really see why they need to break hex. DH with legacy nats set can easily shrug off hex.
Hex breaks everything.

Thrive on Chaos

What does that have to do with PvP? ToC will be worthless in PvP dueling since you won't have huge mobs to get mass crits off of. Better off using Insanity. I think you just mean WotB which will work, but only Barbs have a skill like that. I have a feeling barbs will struggle in dueling since they will have trouble keeping their fury up fighting a single enemy who has multiple ways to avoid them. They will be forced to use passives like unforgiving or use a mighty weapon to generate fury, which will make them less effective both in dps and survivability.

Every other class has a very short escape spell that will only protect them from Hex for a few seconds or less, and they will be screwed once they are hexed, that is IF Hex is left as it is.

Hex breaks everything.

Jaunt

I don't even understand where you are coming from with Jaunt. What does that have to do with anything? It's our escape ability, just like every class has an escape ability. If I'm dueling another WD jaunt won't save him from hex, it will just delay it for 3 seconds.

01/07/2013 05:26 PMPosted by grepman
most classes have cc breaking abilities *shrugs* so I dont really see why they need to break hex. DH with legacy nats set can easily shrug off hex.

OK so DH with legacy. Anything else?

I don't even understand where you are coming from with Jaunt. What does that have to do with anything? It's our escape ability, just like every class has an escape ability. If I'm dueling another WD jaunt won't save him from hex, it will just delay it for 3 seconds.

.... do you even play wd? hex only cc's when you cast it it doesn'y keep doing it..... hex every 15s, break with spirit walk every 15s, what aren't you understanding? Same goes for any wrath of the berserker, they all break CC, including thrive on chaos
01/07/2013 05:41 PMPosted by MikeHoncho
Anything else?

Do you even know why legacy nats is good for pvp? Because smoke screen breaks CC. Wizards are the only class without hard CC removal.
tested. Hex does not currently work on players.

legacy nats is indeed very strong. So strong in fact I would expect some form of nerf for pvp.
The way I set up my dh I can currently spam smoke screen 25 times in sucession without using any discipline skills. So with preperation I can have unlimited smoke screen which is a complete invulnerability to all dmg and cc with 75% up time.

.... do you even play wd? hex only cc's when you cast it it doesn'y keep doing it..... hex every 15s, break with spirit walk every 15s, what aren't you understanding? Same goes for any wrath of the berserker, they all break CC, including thrive on chaos

Do YOU even play WD? Hex summons a fetish for 12 seconds that will turn a nearby enemy into an animal repeatedly. As soon as an enemy is vulnerable to CC and near the fetish, the fetish will walk up to him and hex him, NOT only when you first cast Hex.
huh, I stand corrected, it does chain cast, I always thought it was just one -_- well if it's any consolation, the fetish has to me in melee range to cast chicken so it can be killed before it gets to you
01/08/2013 01:35 AMPosted by Chewzilla
the fetish has to me in melee range to cast chicken so it can be killed before it gets to you

No one can kill a fetish !
Chuck you are scaring me with the legacy Nat's talk. That would be insanely OP and no fun at all to fight against. Might I ask how you were able to test Hex on other players?