New big PvP Weapon

Barbarian
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-three-hundredth-spear with the perfect rolls.

12% MS, 50% Trow Weapon Damage (Which could even become its own build), but it'll have to be a very very good roll with max damage and stat
What do you think will be the favored weapon for PvP on a barb?
Yea, I have a 300th Spear with 48/48% and a socket. The only player I know who has a much better one is BooHaha. He wouldn't sell his for 500m when I offered it to him. He has the perfect roll.
01/16/2013 05:30 PMPosted by acrimony
Yea, I have a 300th Spear with 48/48% and a socket. The only player I know who has a much better one is BooHaha. He wouldn't sell his for 500m when I offered it to him. He has the perfect roll.

I hope I don't encounter him in PvP :P. He'd proboly hammer throw me to death.
01/16/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Shadeoffax

Very likely ;)

Hopefully he's still around. I greatly admired his throw Barb.
i got my hands on a 49/50 earlier thinking they might be preddy good for a wt barb.. im yet to test it out.. it sits on my monk until i get around to using it.. shame it doesnt have a sock :(
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Morph-6680/hero/21164504

For the Throwing Hammer rune, actually against a barb with high EHP, HP and Juggernaut passive, its not going to do much damage except stun-locking him. I find if you start stunning a barb with this, you need to inch towards him while keeping him stunned then use Rend to finish him off.

Against Monks, DH, or WD, they probably just break out of your CC. But the damage is nice against them.
I tried pvp. Preferred echo way more than a 300spear. One fear proc = 3 freehits. 50% damage is mediocre in comparsion, not to mention the slow APS from 300spear. Ms can be get from elsewhere. Btw, slow from all skills are kinda of OP at the moment. Once being slow,its very hard to break them. Makes 24ms not a priority or a must from what i see.
01/16/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Horngyuh80
I tried pvp. Preferred echo way more than a 300spear. One fear proc = 3 freehits. 50% damage is mediocre in comparsion, not to mention the slow APS from 300spear. Ms can be get from elsewhere. Btw, slow from all skills are kinda of OP at the moment. Once being slow,its very hard to break them. Makes 24ms not a priority or a must from what i see.

I have to believe slows and fears will have diminishing returns applied more aggressively as atm they make pvp pretty stupid.
01/16/2013 05:30 PMPosted by acrimony

I have one with 49/49 with 1011dps and socket that I'd be willing to sell. I do believe this will become the meta weapon for barbs in pvp as the ranged classes have escape mechanisms that are much too good for our closing skills.
Busted. Unless I missed something, the Skorn is ridiculous in PVP. Joch and I are completely different Barbarians, but he was killing me in the PTR with his Skorn. I just switched and boom, the tides turned.

Skorn might just be King of PVP.

True .. if PvP goes live as it is today on the PTS .. which I find very hard to believe. Currently there is little strategy or tactics - just stun, snare, 2shot, gg. Barbs are helpless without WotB. CC is ridiculous. etc.

I believe Bliz will be tweaking these things to make pvp more fun/strategic and make the fights last longer, which will make WT barbs with adequate defense very, very good. You will note this quote from Lylirra in the PTR feedback:

Like I said, we're not opposed to making changes, even ones along the lines of a universal damage debuff while in the dueling zone. The point of the PTR is to get feedback from players so we can make those kinds of tuning adjustments if necessary.

True .. if PvP goes live as it is today on the PTS .. which I find very hard to believe. Currently there is little strategy or tactics - just stun, snare, 2shot, gg. Barbs are helpless without WotB. CC is ridiculous. etc.

I believe Bliz will be tweaking these things to make pvp more fun/strategic and make the fights last longer, which will make WT barbs with adequate defense very, very good. You will note this quote from Lylirra in the PTR feedback:

Like I said, we're not opposed to making changes, even ones along the lines of a universal damage debuff while in the dueling zone. The point of the PTR is to get feedback from players so we can make those kinds of tuning adjustments if necessary.

Don't need WoTB. Only need that for WD.

Skorns for barb vs. barb

EF + shield or skorn vs. monks

EF + shield for DH + high ms

barb vs. wd = impossible without wotb

weapon throw vs. wiz