Seven Years in Sanctuary

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 153 154 155 225 Next
Sadly..i must admit the game isn't so far what i've expected.

I like the game, and i've playing it since release..more than 1k hours so far..If this game had for title another but the 3rd part of diablo most of the rants didnt even exist.

You blizz wanted for d3 to move one step forward, with new mechanics and remove tedious stuff of its predeccesor...but in some point of the design u guys forgot what diablo makes diablo special and unique..

Overall..everyone(at least me) expected more stuff from the beggining than the 2nd part, but sadly the options in game are less than an half we had.The game is more static...doesnt change too much from 1 game to another..

In the other hand the leaks sometimes blinds us to see the improvements u've achieved in this release...i admit there're a whole bunch of details that makes this game awesome, but those cannot shine cause the core of diablo, the esential rules that made the 2nd part so awesome are mostly barely existent/unappreciable..

What happened to this game makes me feel sad more than angry and its a shame.

See Starcraft.. SC2 imo is better in all aspects to the 1st one...better graphics, more story, but the same core mechanics than the 1st one overall..I think people(me) got what they(i) expected.

About Rob/Jay..i dont agree with some comments I've been reading in this thread but outside that, the same way you like to hear when customers(us) congrat you for your work, you must hear when arent satisfied with the product you've released.

In my case, this is the 1st time u guys(Blizzard) develop a product that didnt meet the quality i's expecting.

Keep working...if i'm here posting is cause i still believe you guys can do it better..and sorry for my crappy english.

"At some point you guys need to be a bit humble and realize that the reason for you guys can keep doing what you do is because of your loyal paying customers." "...you don't insult and mock the fanbase."

Indeed sir, indeed.
I cant understand the need of a inferno difficult when we already have monster power

hence

why create inferno when we already got "/players x " ??
01/19/2013 11:50 AMPosted by icabod
Diablo III is one of the most unappreciated games ever. The genius of it will be revealed in time. Thanks, and will will miss you Jay!

Most people don't like it ergo it's unappreciated, yep.
Thank you man, at last. Now bring back the skill tree please! :)
01/18/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Ozzmoziz
If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game

shut down both auction houses

There would be no need to do that if equipment that was end-game capable dropped at a rate that would allow most people to have it without the AH. Make the AH a convenience rather than a necessity.
Thank you Jay for Diablo 3 and all that you did for the series to advance it. I played Diablo 3 more than any of the other in the series and feel it is the best. I look forward to hearing what games you work on in the future so I can search for early beta access and line up at midnight to purchase the game! Now the only thing I need to do is slow down on purchasing all the extra Diablo 3 swag for my game room. :)
Jay Wilson, thanks for creating the best combat system I have ever experienced, but no thanks going towards any of the core designs of the Diablo franchise that were left out, such as customization/itemization, replayability of new characters, and elemental damage that matters (for players), and most importantly and the biggest fail goes to Co-op play, which was a major factor that was entirely killed in D3.

Rob Pardo, thanks for being the prime example of what not to let happen in the future of major title releases. Congratulations on allowing a game to release that was incomplete and then be proud of this.
Who the hell are you?

The fact that no one has a clue as to who you are other than what we are told under your image name speaks volumes about the problems going on around here.

I've known of Rob Pardo for some time now, but I keep up with what is going on with World of Warcraft, even if I don't play it any longer. I can see where those that don't play or read up on World of Warcraft might not immediately recognize Rob, since at the moment that is where his attention is mostly focused on (hence why he gave Jay Wilson "direction and guidance" instead of running the show himself).

Don't assume nobody else knows who Rob is. A great many of us do, which is why we're posting the way we are now and giving our feedback as honestly as possible.

Posted by Ozzmoziz
If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game

shut down both auction houses

There would be no need to do that if equipment that was end-game capable dropped at a rate that would allow most people to have it without the AH. Make the AH a convenience rather than a necessity.

100% agreement here, Surt, well said.
I cant understand the need of a inferno difficult when we already have monster power

hence

why create inferno when we already got "/players x " ??

If only they'd started with Monster Power in the game... sadly, Inferno came first for D3.
I'm glad blizz never gives up on their games, personally I was disappointed at launch, but I've been playing the PTR 1.07 and honestly, its pretty close. I think you could get a lot of people back into diablo with dueling... All I'm saying is could you please weaken storm armor and make some of the witch doctor skills track you over a smaller distance?
Sadly..i must admit the game isn't so far what i've expected.

I like the game, and i've playing it since release..more than 1k hours so far..If this game had for title another but the 3rd part of diablo most of the rants didnt even exist.

You blizz wanted for d3 to move one step forward, with new mechanics and remove tedious stuff of its predeccesor...but in some point of the design u guys forgot what diablo makes diablo special and unique..

Overall..everyone(at least me) expected more stuff from the beggining than the 2nd part, but sadly the options in game are less than an half we had.The game is more static...doesnt change too much from 1 game to another..

In the other hand the leaks sometimes blinds us to see the improvements u've achieved in this release...i admit there're a whole bunch of details that makes this game awesome, but those cannot shine cause the core of diablo, the esential rules that made the 2nd part so awesome are mostly barely existent/unappreciable..

What happened to this game makes me feel sad more than angry and its a shame.

See Starcraft.. SC2 imo is better in all aspects to the 1st one...better graphics, more story, but the same core mechanics than the 1st one overall..I think people(me) got what they(i) expected.

About Rob/Jay..i dont agree with some comments I've been reading in this thread but outside that, the same way you like to hear when customers(us) congrat you for your work, you must hear when arent satisfied with the product you've released.

In my case, this is the 1st time u guys(Blizzard) develop a product that didnt meet the quality i's expecting.

Keep working...if i'm here posting is cause i still believe you guys can do it better..and sorry for my crappy english.

Your English is good enough to get the point across, and I agree: there are pieces in D3 that could make for a great game, if not for the fundamental flaws.
please guys, anyone who cares about this game, like Silocibe's post on page 143. Let's highlight it , it could be a great guideline for the new game director.
Anyone so heavily invested in a video game that they're hurling these kind of insults at the director has serious personal issues. It's a game, nothing more nothing less.

You're the true Fanboys, just like the Star Wars Fanboys that harassed the kid who played Anakin until he quit acting. Grow up and stop being jerks just because the internet removes the consequences.

Also, if you're posting a wall of text in this thread, there's something deeply, deeply wrong with you.
I have just one question: what a set item looks like when it drops because i never found one in hundreds of hours of gameplay...
This thread saddens me greatly. I know that the Battle.net forums have earned a reputation for rough justice, but I do not believe justice is being served by how people are speaking about Jay’s departure from Diablo III.

I am very proud of the Diablo franchise and what the team was able to accomplish with Diablo III. As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse. The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it. We have a talented team in place and have no intention of stopping work on Diablo III until it is the best game in the franchise.

I’m the only person in this thread who has actually worked with Jay. I hired Jay to head up the Diablo project and had the pleasure of getting to work with him, both in building the team and designing the game. He has great design instincts and has added so much to the franchise with his feel for visceral combat, boss battles, and an unparalleled knack for making it fun to smash bad guys. I’ve worked with many, many designers at Blizzard and Jay is one of the best. He has a great career at Blizzard ahead of him and I guarantee that you will enjoy Jay’s game designs in future Blizzard games.

If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game. If you still feel the need to dish out blame, then I would prefer you direct it at me. I was the executive producer on the project; I hired Jay and I gave him advice and direction throughout the development process. I was ultimately responsible for the game we released and take full responsibility for the quality of the result.

I find this game unforgivable!
Unless you let me play a Necromancer...

No but seriously, I love you for backing up your dev like that. I hate it when companies cut and run on their people. Jay Wilson tried something, it didn't work super great. But he tried something, it wasn't like many other games which come out on a yearly basis.
01/17/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Jay Wilson
For example, we agreed that Diablo III's itemization at launch was not good enough, so the team made numerous changes, including changing drop rates, re-tuning legendaries, and adding scores of new items to the game. We also agreed that the end game needed more depth, so the team added new events, and new systems like Monster Power and Paragon levels.

Itemization STILL broken and cannot be fixed without changing deeply the same structure of the game. It's not just a fact of items they self, but interaction between the items and chars; items upon a predefine few stats. Those items are boring, not customizable as is as the classes too, also cause the same interactions between items and classes. You cannot get a unique character that cannot be copied in a few minutes. The concept of build and diversity lack and cannot be fixed in D3. Chars have auto stats, they are too gears dependent, and those gears/items doesn't give any interesting affixes, suffixes, procs, diversity to them.
Just watch Diablo 2, play it a bit, despite the outdated graphic; items were exciting to find according the skills you were rising up on your char. In here loot are 99% worthless or/and at their best are boring cause this fact. It's not just a matter of drop rating. Also the concept of grinding is boring as is as the trading, when you have an AH there, ready do give you the gears you need.
So grinding within an AH it's just paradox. Look like you tried to remunerate the online expense by using RMAH, but RMAH was out of the game in D2, was in private website, and was mostly by casual players too me or paytowin ones. AH and RMAH also killed the essence of the franchise, that was based also on grinding, farming and overall trading/bartering.

Open world is missed too. Freedom, personal chooses, build, are all missed in D3.
Also social aspect lack, bnet 1.0 is missing, D2 forced you to interact with people, a UI lobby is missed in here, as well a list of named game to join.
End game makes no exception, was completely missed in every aspect. The curve to get to the max level is too short. And paragon (made to fix this), wont solve the question, as the reward is not interesting, the reward and the path to leveling up in D2 was perfectly balanced. Here is not.

01/18/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Rob Pardo
As a gamer I have enjoyed the game and played for many, many nights with friends and family. I’m not, however, going to use that as an excuse.

I'm afraid there are people in here that still playing Diablo 2 from ten years as i did by time to time, not just many nights. They are the true passionate, not someone who told us we had false memory of the game.

01/18/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Rob Pardo
If you love Diablo as much as we do, then please continue to let us know how you feel we can improve the game.

To me this third chapter cannot be improved, my bad, you should think to reset all and restart from the whole franchise from Diablo 2.

01/17/2013 12:15 PMPosted by Epic
Re-hiring the Blizzard North team would the best decision you can or will ever make.

This would be a dream come true, but at this point they shouldn't update this third chapter, but start to work on Diablo 4 taking and updating all the Diablo 2' s good aspects and also bringing back a revisited battle.net 1.0, and just, my bad, just a very few right ideas of this third chapter, like i.e. shared stash and goblins.

Put to work on it a Game Designer that truly understood Diablo 2 fun aspect, played it deeply online and enjoyed it like all the millions of truly hardcore fans did for many years and considered it the best online rpg game ever.
And please, not someone who say that most of us have false memory of the game, because instead i do remember very well i couldn't even dream to play Diablo2 cause the great fun and friendship i had playing it. And at that time i was not that young even. I'm older then Jay.
Diablo II was not just a game, it was a second life.

So, good luck to JW.

Long live to Diablo franchise.