New to DH: 1.1 billion budget and 4 questions

Demon Hunter
Hey,
I'm totally new to DH, I've read the new thread about getting geared etc. but I still have questions.

-What value of AR I should aim at?
-Should I go for Manticore or Calamity?
-Is there any way to increase your discipline regen? Is it required?
-Would you recommend Nat set: Ring + Boot, Inna's set: pants + Chest, Mempo, Witching hour?

Thanks a lot for helping!
I'm sorry but this is a very broad set of question and is dependent on playstyle, build type and preference, but IMO

Minimum of 50k life, 400-450 all res. Umm yes you can increase disc, read the new nats set bonus. Also you can stack disc on quiver, cloak, soj, maybe a amulet also I'm not sure atm and I don't have a PC in front of me. But stacking disc means significantly lower rolls on other stats.

Older nats set bonus increases disc regen, but has even lower rolls on stats then newer nats with +disc, and will cost you a fortune to do right.

You can get by without any additional discipline by running a passive called nightstalker. You will need a high crit chance, good ehp, and decent attack speed to pull this off.

Weapon is 100% up to you. I love calamity and windforce for their attack speed, but like seeing huge crit numbers. So I use manticore and have +ias% on every possible gear slot to make up for the slow rate of attack speed.

Pretty much you need to just gear check a bunch of good dh's, and try different things

If your talking about a Dh for pvp then yes I would recommend having either some +disc gear or legacy nats, both aren't necessary but will surely help you.
Hello. Medium-geared DH right here. The reason I feel "qualified" to answer your question is because my DH was only built about 2-3 weeks ago from scratch. (4.5k of my elite kills were from pre-1.0.3) My budget was a lot less: 50m for everything but the Manticore.

Anyway, what I did was to look through these forums for the DHs whom I most wanted to emulate in terms of DPS, EHP, and build, and imitate their gear by buying cheaper versions of everything. So I would say that the gear on my DH is more or less the "standard" set that most DHs have. I guess the only big decisions you'll have to make are your choice of weapon and belt.

So if you like what you see on me, just scale it up according to your budget. For example, my Mempo cost me 9.9m. The same one with 3.5% crit chance will jump to about 250m or more, which is up to you whether you want to spend. I am capable up to MP5 (that's the most I've tried anyway), so with 1.1bn you should be able to create a much more solid DH.

---

Also, to answer your question about Manticore vs Calamity... I have used all 3 (+ Windforce). I always enjoy fast attack speed builds, and that is very hard to achieve using Manticore. But since I'm now into the Spike Trap build, shooting fast is no longer a priority, therefore I am satisfied with my 1.87 AS. From what I'm reading, Calamity is a very good choice for PvP, so if that is on your radar, you might want to check out the PvP-related threads. As for Windforce... other than the fast attack speed, I like the inherent lifesteal and the knockback is helpful, but it requires more expenditure to reach paper DPS levels comparable to what you can get with a Manticore.
1. A great AR to shoot for is 450. Thats what I shoot for.

2. Depends on play style. If you want to do PVP go manti. I have a 2.3 AS with a manticore, so its still possible to have a good AS even with a manti.

3. There is a passive called nightstalker to increase your discipline regen. Its based on crits, so you need over 50% crit chance. You can increase the max disc with SOJ, chest, or a full nats set.

4. That what I run right now. I just came off of complete nats set. I loved the careless use of discipline with 50. But now my AS is so high and with nightstalker and the DPS I have, its not necessary. SO its up to you. The discipline is nice, but so is the benefits of mempo and innas. The other plus of the Nats is the Demon Hunter bonus as long as you get one that you use. But on the other hand you get melee reduced with innas. So there area a lot of variables there.
Hey,
I'm totally new to DH, I've read the new thread about getting geared etc. but I still have questions.

-What value of AR I should aim at?
-Should I go for Manticore or Calamity?
-Is there any way to increase your discipline regen? Is it required?
-Would you recommend Nat set: Ring + Boot, Inna's set: pants + Chest, Mempo, Witching hour?

Thanks a lot for helping!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shini-1628/hero/18977082
this is my main DH and my dps is 304 w/o any buffed
i use my passive perfectionist for increase defense
so right now ihave 309 AR, 62k hp, and im using night stalker to regen my disci
and of course i use manticore and my attack speed is 2.00 and yes i recommend those
but here is the thing even i have such high dps that wont work out good in pvp
i smashed most of people but only problem was after i killing them im out of disci,...
or i cant even kill wd and wd kill me right away but when i tried with my old legacy nat set
i was able to kill wd :D so if you looking for pvp dh i recommend get old legacy nat set
or if you looking for more farming and enjoy dh you can go for that build :D

btw im selling my old legacy nat set as full
here is the link for the profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shini-1628/hero/30550772
331 AR, 40 CC, 323 CD(up to 423 with Gem),39k hp, 3460 Armor [ Archery, Stedy aim passive on]
Ok guys,
thanks a lot for all these information, I m starting to get it..
Do you think I will have enough Disci regen if I get:
Manticore + mempo + inna pants + lacuni + ias on rings ?