Finally reached that point...

Witch Doctor
Where upgrades seem totally impossible. Haha. Probably my weakest link is the lacunis, but it seems so expensive for such a small upgrade. (hopefully my profile is updated...)

I just wanted to thank my fellow WD community. We have the best forum here, with some of the best discussions about gear/builds. I love the class to bits. :D

It's funny. My luck for months in this game had been horrid. I have been playing the game since day 1 and up until the end of November I had 3 legend drops. I ended up resorting to spending $35 cash at the rmah to start farming.. A little more than a month ago I was struggling to break past 65k dps. Then, like 3 weeks ago I got a lucky drop, and jumped to 122k with a few upgrades (and also went from 500 ra to 700). The past few days have been extra lucky. Made about 200m in drops, which bought me the cc tal ammy and zuni ring. I'm like 100 dps away from 144k, and that's with my absolutely horrid hellfire ring on.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm gloating. I'm just surprised and proud of how far I've come! I'm thinking of selling everything else I find now through the RMAH to pay back my initial investment into the game now.I guess now I get to look forward to the lvl 80-100 grind!
Yea man. Same boat here, unlucky forever, barely able to do act 3 before MP was introduced.
Witch Doctor forum is so friendly and helpful, then I got lucky and now I'm rolling in MP9 when I want.

Next best upgrade for me is likely an amulet similar to mine but with CC.

And any other upgrade costs an arm and a leg, and I'm not willing to lose about 40 or 50 pounds that fast.
Yea man. Same boat here, unlucky forever, barely able to do act 3 before MP was introduced.
Witch Doctor forum is so friendly and helpful, then I got lucky and now I'm rolling in MP9 when I want.

Next best upgrade for me is likely an amulet similar to mine but with CC.

And any other upgrade costs an arm and a leg, and I'm not willing to lose about 40 or 50 pounds that fast.

I was thinking of upgrading all my gems, but it just seems like an unnecessary 100m expense...?

Yeah, I'd say that a cc ammy would definitely boost your dps a lot!

And I hear ya. Upgrades for me are an arm, leg AND my 1st born it would seem...
I don't have a firstborn to sacrifice to Diablo, but I might consider it the day it happens.
same boat guys, though i did get lucky a few times to get descent gear but that's with over 1600hrs played. farming has become so tedious it ain't fun anymore :(
@windgrace, you aren't finished. im in the same boat as you are theoretically. i need a crit zuni pox.
you need a crit zuni helm. and a weapon upgrade. defensively you are pretty solid though.

@mcp, gloves with crit damage will give you more dps than gloves with ias, you can upgrade your vile wards, although the vit on them is pretty nice. might want to check out some strongarm bracers and compare them to your current lacunis. if i had to guess a pair of 200 int strongarms might do better damage although you will lose out on the movement speed. i really like your tal's ammy.

upgrading gems is doable. just slowly over time. they add up. its meant to happen progressively over the career of your character anyway.
i know how you guys feel though. im at 175k unbuffed and trying to get to 200k unbuffed. the only thing i can think of is getting a witching hour with more CD and int, but i would lose out on 6khp. also outgrowing the weapon. need one with crit damage build in. that will take a while to save for. and the crit zuni pox.
01/09/2013 10:10 PMPosted by juju
same boat guys, though i did get lucky a few times to get descent gear but that's with over 1600hrs played. farming has become so tedious it ain't fun anymore :(

you and a few others around here have beaten d3. idk why you even play anymore lol
01/09/2013 09:48 PMPosted by MCP
I don't have a firstborn to sacrifice to Diablo, but I might consider it the day it happens.

lol, sounds like we need some loving from Blizz, especially on mana management
@windgrace ... you could definetly use a mojo with at least 250 avg dmg that and cc helm are prolly the easiest way to get a nice boost!!!
Just curious, how is that Butcher's Sickle in action ? I assume with bears it is not too annoying ..
There's always room for improvement, no matter how solid your gear set becomes! My ultimate goal is to reach 200k dps even with my soj on, while still maintaining my present defensive stats, but I could stand to lose some of my res all. Currently at 152k unbuffed with soj.

Just need some money drops to upgrade to a higher dmg weapon with life steal (either a 1k+ manaj or a very very nice and hard to come by rare), a better rare amulet with higher int, cc, and cd, and also I'd be willing to sack the res on my gloves for higher Int and cc. That would knock me pretty damn close to 200, then it's just a matter of hitting Para100 and getting a little more int on certain pieces of gear.

I have no real interest in any of the other classes as they all seem extremely boring compared to WD and lack versatility, so I'm still in it for the long run. Keep up with it!
@Kyoshi you are at 165 k unbuffed the extra is from your companion.

breaking 200 is not that hard to do and you have a bunch of ways you can go. none of them cheap.

1) Your weapon. The fast attacks likely hurting you on your bear build and the high dps base is nice but you would get more damage and run out of mana less from a 1 k spear with 180% crit "crit and socket" for sure. I use one with LOH, acid rain and rain of toads have a really high proc rate and you can counter reflects from the healing off the procs.
2) Gloves - 9 crit chance with 40+ crit damage will do more then your current ones
3) Bracers get prowlers with 5 or better crit chance.

you also should start looking at higher AR armor and vitality. Armor and all resists ballence off each other and vitality is well you know we never have enough health.

All I really need to break 200 is a good proc on my stupid ring lol 12 attemps each worse then the last.
Glad to see I'm not the only one at an impasse when it comes to upgrading their gear.

My goal now is to figure out how to farm MP10 smoothly.

Been trying to find some Lacunis so I can swap out my Inna's for Blackthorns.
@undien32

You have a pretty low EHP, to farm MP 10 you need to rethink your toon.

you need High resists, High armor and High hitpoints and then damage for MP10.
you can farm MP 10 with 90k dps if the defences are in place. A bit slowly vs elites but its the not dieing you need to get first.

DPS alone helps when they die fast, but when they hit back you need defences.
trust me , i reached the point that even mp10 just melts , soloing mp10 ubers like a boss
01/10/2013 07:40 AMPosted by SweetLove
trust me , i reached the point that even mp10 just melts , soloing mp10 ubers like a boss

Your gear is absolutely incredible. I might get to that point...eventually...

Considering that I might have had my first 100m+ drop last night ever and I don't RMAH end-game gear (nothing wrong with it, I'm just a college student haha), I'm proud of how far I've come with my gear.

Is a CC zuni helm really better than a nice one with regen? My friend linked me one with like 4-5 cc and it was a 12k dps boost or something insane.

I have no real interest in any of the other classes as they all seem extremely boring compared to WD and lack versatility, so I'm still in it for the long run. Keep up with it!

Definitely in the same boat as you here. I have all classes to lvl 60+. I've tried ww barb, cm/archon wiz, many dh builds and monk and they all get boring fast. I put 80 plvls into WD without getting bored of bears.

01/10/2013 04:37 AMPosted by TRS
Just curious, how is that Butcher's Sickle in action ? I assume with bears it is not too annoying ..

I LOVE the sickle. The chain is a great proc, and works well with bears! Those annoying kiters (read: succubi, the fat goatmen pricks, etc) get shown their place.

lol, sounds like we need some loving from Blizz, especially on mana management

I love my WD, but I will say that our resource scales poorly with attack speed and monster power. I'd like to see VQ changed to something like "3% damage done returned to mana." That way it doesn't 'proc' from anything, and improves with our gear.

@windgrace, you aren't finished. im in the same boat as you are theoretically. i need a crit zuni pox.
you need a crit zuni helm. and a weapon upgrade. defensively you are pretty solid though.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm still pondering the crit helm. I am too attached to the butcher's sickle at the moment. I can't stand Echoing Fury, and I find that the low damage range of the Mana knife+higher attack speed are deal breakers. A nice 975 dps mana knife was less than 2k dps upgrade for me. And a rare axe/mace/spear that would out-do the sickle would be pretty pricey...
Yeah SweetLove's gear makes me mad jelly, my only really expensive pieces were the tal rasha's and the zuni head. (around 200 mil) everything else wasn't over 75 mil. Looking at evil ward/lacuni upgrades for 200+ mil for a 6k dps upgrade is depressing. =/
01/10/2013 08:53 AMPosted by QQmore
Yeah SweetLove's gear makes me mad jelly, my only really expensive pieces were the tal rasha's and the zuni head. (around 200 mil) everything else wasn't over 75 mil. Looking at evil ward/lacuni upgrades for 200+ mil for a 6k dps upgrade is depressing. =/

SweetLoves gear is....not standard for someone playing the game straight (ie - farming for everything/no rmah) lol. One would have to have several drops at 500m-2b value to purchase that. But to each their own. Those Vile Wards and that weapon are out of this world. Pretty much the type of rare weapon I had in mind for legit-end game haha.

Edit: You seriously got your witching hour and pox for 75mil or less? Insane buys ._.
you don't have to use a CC or use RMAH , u just have to learn how to flip AH , doesn't mean when someone has good gears means that he/she uses the rmah or a CC .
01/10/2013 09:24 AMPosted by SweetLove
you don't have to use a CC or use RMAH , u just have to learn how to flip AH , doesn't mean when someone has good gears means that he/she uses the rmah or a CC .

Sure...but not when pretty much every piece of gear is bis/damn near bis. I just don't buy it man lol. Seems like better gear for wiz though really. Not convinced you can hold bears for very long at all.