If the expansion is where all improvements

General Discussion
If the expansion is where all improvements are saved to, and the game never gets is basic systems fixed in the baseline game that was bought, then all the worst predictions from the early days of D3 come true.

We were joking back then that nothing would be really fixed, and then would then release an expansion rather early and claim that would fix it.

Thing is, they released the expansion before they left beta if this is the case.

Let it not be, please.
I wouldn't buy an expansion for this game..
2 words: Bobby Kotick
01/04/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Nocturnal
Let it not be, please.

Unfortunately you can not change the way how Blizzard plans to money grab you :). There was plans atleast for 3 expansion for Diablo3, this is why initial game is so extremly bad - they need a space to bring you improvements atlest for next 3 years (maybe even up to a level of Diablo2 game-play).
01/04/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Jables

Same here.
I already feel like I got scammed. So, no matter how good the expac is going to be. It would just go against my morale to buy it.
Man, it must not be. Then the whole world will surely laugh and move on, no jokes.
01/04/2013 09:09 PMPosted by MisterAjikko

Same here.
I already feel like I got scammed. So, no matter how good the expac is going to be. It would just go against my morale to buy it.

If the game's so bad and you feel so scammed, why are you putting in hundreds of hours with 62k elite kills?
Tears keep falling on a barren desert.

..and another

..and another
01/04/2013 09:55 PMPosted by CoasterMan

Same here.

If the game's so bad and you feel so scammed, why are you putting in hundreds of hours with 62k elite kills?

Exactly. Some community members here are laughable. They play the game for about 5 hours a day yet still come to the forum to troll it.

Bizarre.

I suspect they must be schizophrenic or have multiple personalities.
I'm not playing til it's playable......in real terms
I will dare to say that this team will be hitting a lot of home runs with the coming patches for this game. They will be making a lot of improvements to the base of the game. Fixing a lot of the issues that players have been talking about for a while now.

I believe that they have no choice but to fix them. Because if they do not then they not only will not be able to sell the expansion, but more players will wind up quitting and that will hurt the sales in the RMAH. Thus cutting into their bottom line. In fact their very jobs could be on the line here.
I will dare to say that this team will be hitting a lot of home runs with the coming patches for this game. They will be making a lot of improvements to the base of the game. Fixing a lot of the issues that players have been talking about for a while now.

I believe that they have no choice but to fix them. Because if they do not then they not only will not be able to sell the expansion, but more players will wind up quitting and that will hurt the sales in the RMAH. Thus cutting into their bottom line. In fact their very jobs could be on the line here.

Any reasoned view on it would be according to that, however these proper patches we have awaited have yet to be conceived it appears. It seems the system is not in balance with itself and producing healthily as it should.

I fear the reasoning now goes something along the line of:

We are Blizzard, they will buy it anyway who are they kidding. In our pride we will forego normal procedure, and assume we are something unproven.

If we improve the basics in an expansion, others will speak of it if we do it well, and then everyone will be forced to buy it if they want these advantages. Hehehe.
01/04/2013 09:09 PMPosted by MisterAjikko

Same here.

Ditto. Unless it is universally hailed as the greatest gift from god to gamers.
Maybe, tin foil hat on, they made the game crap on purpose. Then they make us feel like they dont care about anything but the RMAH and have mods who only respond to stupid threads. Then right before they start releasing xpacks they give us the base game they promised. Since they havent seemed to really care this whole time people will be juiced and some faith restored in Blizzard. But then the first xpack just ruins everything more than before, making people continue to say"just wait, they will fix it. Look at what it used to be." Then they sell the other 2 xpacks to make it what the 1st xpack should have been.

1 base game + 1 xpac = 4 purhases x 60$ea.=Bli$$ profits
Hmmmmmm......

Edit. I like the game though, i work too much to have anywhere near BiS items yet and never find Reflect to be a problem but i do see all the potential for money grabs
Maybe, tin foil hat on, they made the game crap on purpose. Then they make us feel like they dont care about anything but the RMAH and have mods who only respond to stupid threads. Then right before they start releasing xpacks they give us the base game they promised. Since they havent seemed to really care this whole time people will be juiced and some faith restored in Blizzard. But then the first xpack just ruins everything more than before, making people continue to say"just wait, they will fix it. Look at what it used to be." Then they sell the other 2 xpacks to make it what the 1st xpack should have been.

1 base game + 1 xpac = 4 purhases x 60$ea.=Bli$$ profits
Hmmmmmm......

Edit. I like the game though, i work too much to have anywhere near BiS items yet and never find Reflect to be a problem but i do see all the potential for money grabs

I refuse to believe Blizzard would go that far. However one path is subconscious the other is the counscious (aware, product of focus, active).

Subconsciously, postphoning the features and improvements to an expansion, is the same as, or similar to, actively deciding not to put them in beforehand for the end products.

But you know, everything is relative, and it is all about the intention. I feel the state of Diablo has come of not knowing what do to, and not so much by building the game then removing features to sell future expansions.

Any serious discussion beyond this will be too dangerous for forums, god, imagine if you said things they didnt want focus on :D

The post is here to remind people not to accept that they dont even fix half the games basic before they go on with an expansion, and if these procedings do go on that way, to have evidence for future arguments along the line of: You put your own ambition above your costumers, and we can see and predict the downfall of this doctrine, yet, it was ignored in pride, and now we say it once again but you can choose not to listen and let it repeat itself.