Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 14 15 16 32 Next
01/11/2013 09:12 PMPosted by DEATHX
so now barb will become even stronger with ias in rubys only is lame what about putting ias in all the gems so that way all the classes can benefit from the ias no matter what class you are playing ?

Yeah, he means that rubies in weapons will give ias. They're not adding an additional secondary mod to rubies in all items. That'd be crazy.
NO "IDENTIFY ALL" = ABSOLUTE FAIL. D3 DEVS HATE THE PLAYERS.
01/12/2013 01:02 PMPosted by STG

You better quit then. Wahh!!!
Deleted
01/11/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Carbohydrate
Terrible, they have been working so long ON THAT?! im done.

Good, leave now no one will miss you!
01/11/2013 08:32 PMPosted by iBeLSh
I think i seen someone already ask, but can we expect to finally get to use some brimstone we have been stashing in the past couple months? It was said earlier you wanted to increase the use of them but i failed to see anything mentioned in those notes about them.
. Hopefully never, you just assumed they would be a item that would be used to craft better gear.
01/12/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Affinity
A new gem tier!? 20 million gold? Blizzard again balances a game targeting the .1% of the player base to the dismay of "average" players. Yes, gold inflation from botting is a big issue, but 20 million is a pittance to those with BILLIONS of gold and it's also a lot more than most players have ever had! Instead of adding NEW gems and adding DIVERSITY, they persist in the incremental homogeneity. What's the new emerald going to be, 200% CD? Why not gems that raise attack speed, increase AOE range, add projectiles, or a million other NEW, FUN, and CREATIVE ideas?

I couldn't agree more and I'm surprised people are so laxed about it. Everything is wrong about this, from the misleading headline in the blog promising "New Gems" to the ridiculously vague description and almost a-slap-in-the-face joy of adding something that 95% of the players will never be able to afford.
01/12/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Daemon

You better quit then. Wahh!!!
. This is a server issue I think. It would really slow down servers, think about it.
How come some basic features are STILL not being fixed in 1.07?

• Broken achievements
  • Display all buff icons (remove limit of 5, NV takes one, only 4 left)

Those come to mind quickly, feel like I forgot one...
Deleted
01/12/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Partyrock
So I can't just duel a friend in act 3 while waiting for another friend to get back? are you f*cking serious!? I have to go to act 1 JUST for a duel...are you guys ignorant to what players really want? all I read there was a bunch of nonsense

All payers don't want random dueling in game. I, for one do not. You do not speak for the community.
I dont agree with the 20 million gold thing for crafting... it seems like a bit much...again i feel its more dependant on the money you get from the AH especially now that prices are so inflated. Like if I found something truly amazing i could sell it for many millions but until then im screwed. And by the time i get 20million from gold pickups and vendor it wont be beneficial cuz id rather get an upgrade from the AH, again the AH meddles. Other than that, the changes seem good.
Can we remove NV timer ?
"We believe that Diablo shines when you can spend the majority of your time slaughtering hordes of enemies and then having that punctuated by the occasional difficulty spike either in the form of a particularly challenging set of normal monsters (like an elite pack) or a boss."

That's great, that's how the game should have been made, let me know when you actually get there.
I like it too!
great job! YAY cant wait
how do you get in to the PTR?
To put the crafting cost of the "New Gem" into perspective:

http://forumbilder.se/images/fd220131129350a16.jpg
The only "bad" part is this marquise gem nonsense. Given what goes into it, we're looking at a actual cost of ~70M.

Most people have 6-8 gem slots on their char. If they're all radiants, who is going to spend ~500M for +30 main stat or vit? Or a similar CD increase?

It may not be all bad... "most of its stats are in line with the current gem progression." Maybe there is some hope in the use of that word "most"...