Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 24 25 26 32 Next
Hi there, question here!
So since there will be account bound gears, will there be account bound set if we get to wear all of them?

Do we drop ears in D3 when duel if lose just like back in D2? :P
can someone explain this to me again

1. blizz says team deathmatch is bad b/c no incentive in PvP, so they'll stick to duels

2. bliz put in duels with no incentive in PvP

whats the real reason for not doing team deathmatch ?

My thoughts exactly. How is this more rewarding then team PVP?

I am sure they are still figuring the way how to make money on PVP, so this is jsut tossing community a bone in the meantime.

Agreed. You'll have to pay to enter the PvP arena, and it will have its own separate RMAH that you'll have to use to gear your character. :P
I do LOVE what you guys are doing with this patch. But, I am a little sad there isnt an ID all button, or other small ease of life things, like comparable stats in the AH.
01/13/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Lylirra
So I can't just duel a friend in act 3 while waiting for another friend to get back? are you serious!? I have to go to act 1 JUST for a duel...are you guys ignorant to what players really want? all I read there was a bunch of nonsense

We've actually discussed adding a dueling NPC to each Act hub to help address the concern you've brought up (though that may not make it to the PTR).

Why don't you also add a few different pvp places per act as well?
Hey Lylirra,

What's Wyatt like in real life? Is he nice? I bet he's nice.
01/13/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Lylirra
So I can't just duel a friend in act 3 while waiting for another friend to get back? are you serious!? I have to go to act 1 JUST for a duel...are you guys ignorant to what players really want? all I read there was a bunch of nonsense

We've actually discussed adding a dueling NPC to each Act hub to help address the concern you've brought up (though that may not make it to the PTR).

I'm sorry I'm being so negative, but that is just awful. Most everyone only farms Act 3, that means no dueling when waiting for friends to join the game, no dueling in between areas or at the beginning or finish of the farming runs just to pass the time, and since we can't traverse from act to act like we could in Diablo 2, then the only solution would be to create an Act 1 game.

I like this game, I honestly do, but sometimes the decisions you guys take are just ridiculous. :(
01/13/2013 01:09 AMPosted by Iskra

Weak.

When are you going to let us travel back and forth between acts instead of forcing us to play linearly?

Yeah Agreed, it seems like an awful lot amount of work to have npc for each act....although im not sure whats easier to accomplish; traveling between acts or this.
So when will the patch be out, feels like it would be inefficient to farm right now knowing what's in store.
01/11/2013 11:18 PMPosted by ANFO
They should take out the exp gain idea... for all the people who worked so hard to level to where they are... it would be unfair. everything else is a good idea though for patch 1.07

like social security
I'm sorry I'm being so negative, but that is just awful. Most everyone only farms Act 3, that means no dueling when waiting for friends to join the game, no dueling in between areas or at the beginning or finish of the farming runs just to pass the time, and since we can't traverse from act to act like we could in Diablo 2, then the only solution would be to create an Act 1 game.

I like this game, I honestly do, but sometimes the decisions you guys take are just ridiculous. :(

Weak.

When are you going to let us travel back and forth between acts instead of forcing us to play linearly?

01/14/2013 09:34 AMPosted by WhoKnows
Yeah Agreed, it seems like an awful lot amount of work to have npc for each act....although im not sure whats easier to accomplish; traveling between acts or this.

i have to agree.
the linear gameplay may have worked alright at the game launch, but as the game progressed it became more and more a detriment. its time they make a change.

my suggestion is after you complete each act you can travel back to it willingly.
example: if you complete ACT 1-2 and were progressing through ACT 3, but wanted to go back to ACT 1 then you could just waypoint there. you could not waypoint to ACT 4 though having not completed it.

on a side note of this i would like to see the sub bosses spawned too no matter where you start, but not the end bosses. for example, if you start in ACT 3 as stated above then Azmodon as an end boss would be available to you. however, Belial and Butcher would be dead. Sub bosses for each ACT though (Skeleton King, Maghda, etc...) would be there for if you wanted to do them.
01/12/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Connatic
I do not quite see the point of getting into a random game just to try and find someone to Duel, which outside of bragging about beating a complete stranger who also had nothing better to do, there's no reward.

The reward? The reward is having fun. Just like in every other PvP game ever made. Rewards and PvP progression are a modern invention that isn't really necessary. If you need false digital prizes to keep playing the game, then you really don't find it fun and should probably stop. If the gameplay can't keep you interested on it's own, it's not a good game and you should stop. Don't ask for things just to trick you into addiction.

Running around in circles to kill an oppenent you can't kill permanently isn't fun, sorry, and we play the game to get pretty pixels at ungodly amounts of gold or drops in the game don't we, or did I miss something between your view of Diablo and mine?? It's all about the pixels and what we get out of them and the friends we spend that time with, nothing else! PVP is just another accessory to this game, nothing else. I play to have fun and I have fun doing what I do in this Game, and my friends old and new enjoy my time with them. So don't stress yourself out worrying whether or not I'm having fun bro. I am!
01/12/2013 08:43 AMPosted by Connatic
I do not quite see the point of getting into a random game just to try and find someone to Duel, which outside of bragging about beating a complete stranger who also had nothing better to do, there's no reward.

The reward? The reward is having fun. Just like in every other PvP game ever made. Rewards and PvP progression are a modern invention that isn't really necessary. If you need false digital prizes to keep playing the game, then you really don't find it fun and should probably stop. If the gameplay can't keep you interested on it's own, it's not a good game and you should stop. Don't ask for things just to trick you into addiction.

PS, LOL, one lvl 60 Para 11, really, with how many kills and hours, really, my dueling station is open anytime you want, whenever Blizz opens one up for me. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! If you were a day 1 player, I might have been a lot more understanding towards your comment. I have well over 1000 hours, if I wasn't having fun, I'd have game hours like yours! Have a nice day!
i wonder...when...
soon or sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon?
PVP needs to be available on all 3 acts so tat people playing through the game dont have to leave to go to act 1.
Please make more changes. Sell Plan Staff of Herding salesman. Or blow out. Excuse my bad English. This is my first comment on the game since it came out;) All are doing well.
It will now be a flat 5 seconds in Softcore. (The resurrection timer in Hardcore remains unchanged. :D)

Cruel but i still found it funny xD
01/11/2013 09:12 PMPosted by Analbumcover
Do the Ubers count as "Bosses" in this respect? Will they be able to drop plans at the 50% rate as well?

Negative. Only the "normal" versions of the bosses listed have a chance to drop the recipes. The Infernal Machine bosses will not drop them.

(Tangentially related, but a good FYI: I've confirmed that the recipes can be sold to a vendor as well as dropped on the ground. They can also be sold on Auction House, since they're not BoA.)

Are the new BoA items going to be salvageable, unlike the BoA Hellfire Rings?

EDIT: I didn't make it clear enough, I meant are we going to be able to get back Demonic Essences when salvaging a piece of BoA gear, or is it going to salvage into Magic / Rare crafting materials just like the Hellfire Ring.

The new Rare crafted items currently aren't designed to salvage back into a Demonic Essence. Right now they're set to salvage into Rare crafting materials, just like other Rare items.

We're thinking about allowing the items to have a very small chance to salvage into a Demonic Essence, but that's definitely not a confirmed decision. It won't be something that's available on the first build of the PTR.