Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 27 28 29 32 Next
Way to go.... that's the most retarded thing ever.

It wasn't planned, but you decided to give all those crybaby_brimstone_hoarders another shot @ fortune.

I think you may have misread. Swapping Brimstones for Demonic Essences wasn't/isn't planned. We did/do plan on having at least one of the Rare crafted items require a Brimstone to make.

Can shields be added to the craftable BoA items? I would really like to craft BoA shields.
Dear Lylirra, are you guys aware that blue posts have a huge influence on the economy of the game / do you guys follow the economy changes? This is what happened last time you posted that you guys are "exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones": prices increased 4-5 the amount within a day, lots of rich people in the game made profits of over 1 billion gold and everyone is still stockpiling them right now as we speak to earn more money when the patch hits.

Yes, we're definitely aware of that effect and do take it heavily into consideration whenever we post. At the same time, we also want to be as transparent as possible with players about the game and upcoming changes to it, so it's an incredible tightrope to walk. In some cases, we may choose not to post about a certain topic due to the potential impact it could have on the economy, or otherwise delay our response to help mitigate it. In others, we accept the risk, acknowledge your concern, and provide some insight -- even if it's vague -- about what we're doing to address the issue (this is what we chose to do with the earlier Brimstone post of mine you referenced).

For this particular situation, even if we didn't release the patch preview, and even if I didn't post about Brimstones today, as soon as the PTR hits and crafting recipe info goes public, the same thing you described would happen. By your logic, should we not have a PTR then, because players will respond a certain way on the Auction House? There are some situations where the long-term health of the game (or our long-term relationship with the community) need to take precedence.
So what exactly should I do with 500+ Legendary Lvl 63 Brimstones I was stockpiling for the last 3 months? So-called "crafting" POS BOA items? Any new legendary/set items plans for 107?

Blizzard you could and you should do better than this garbage.

Thank you.
So what exactly should I do with 500+ Legendary Lvl 63 Brimstones I was stockpiling for the last 3 months? So-called "crafting" POS BOA items? Any new legendary/set items plans for 107?

Blizzard you could and you should do better than this garbage.

Thank you.

this
Go buy some Brimstones. They are still pretty cheap and won't REALLY hit their full value until actual patch day where they are actually needed.

A few "AH warriors" will affect the price for 1-2hrs before they panic and sell off again. Right before he patch where the patch notes are finalised will be the big spike.

Also, Blizzard has been telling us they want to address the Brimstone uselessness issue for a LOOOOONG time now. Why act so surprised and disgruntled?
Also, I've found so many useless legendaries that I'm actually happy that I might benefit from them actually dropping.

More use for Brimstones = EVERY Legendary drop in Inferno will now be useful... Yes EVERY one.

How is that a bad thing for the game??? ... Please look past the short term price fluctuation and when you find your next "brimstone" legendary think : "hmmm, this will come in handy"
01/14/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
Dear Lylirra, are you guys aware that blue posts have a huge influence on the economy of the game / do you guys follow the economy changes? This is what happened last time you posted that you guys are "exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones": prices increased 4-5 the amount within a day, lots of rich people in the game made profits of over 1 billion gold and everyone is still stockpiling them right now as we speak to earn more money when the patch hits.

Yes, we're definitely aware of that effect and do take it heavily into consideration whenever we post. At the same time, we also want to be as transparent as possible with players about the game and upcoming changes to it, so it's an incredible tightrope to walk. In some cases, we may choose not to post about a certain issue due to the potential impact it could have on the economy, or otherwise delay our response to help mitigate it. In others, we accept the risk, acknowledge your concern, and provide some insight -- even if it's vague -- about what we're doing to address the issue (this is what we chose to do with the earlier Brimstone post of mine you referenced).

For this particular situation, even if we didn't release the patch preview, and even if I didn't post about Brimstones today, as soon as the PTR hits and crafting recipe info goes public, the same thing you described would happen. By your logic, should we not have a PTR then, because players will respond a certain way on the Auction House? There are some situations where the long-term health of the game (or our long-term relationship with the community) need to take precedence.

That's nice, but what about the ruby issue? The description in the preview was poorly worded and led a lot of people to believe that rubies would now give an IAS bonus when slotted in weapons, hence the price of rubies and crafting plans skyrocketing.

On a personal level I don't care, because I sold a bunch of star rubies at 1 million or so each which is preposterous; I'm sure the people who went all in on rubies are kind of less amused, however.
Then why a 50% drop rate from bosses and only after 5 NV stacks? And listing bosses that drop them? If you only need them once, that is completely irrelevant and the drops would annoy everyone after the first week. With that drop rate. Especially since you can just buy them.

Something is odd, I have a feeling you need the recipe each time you want to craft. Otherwise the drop rates and the requirements and the exclusion of end bosses don't make any sense

The new crafting recipes are not consumed on use, no.

We wanted them to be on bosses so players have a more "targeted" location to farm for the recipes, similar to the way that the Infernal Machine recipe worked (but obviously not exactly the same). We also chose the bosses we did specifically, as they are generally less farmed than others.

As for why a 50% drop rate? It's a problem of competing goals:

1. Add something to the game to act as gold sink
2. Add something to the game that's thematically interesting

In order to achieve 1, whatever we add needs to widely available. In order to achieve 2, we can't just distribute those additions solely through vendors.

We'd also rather have a situation where the recipes are selling for vendor cost on the Auction House rather than one where only a few people have access to them (and their respective items). We'll see how things go on the PTR. We also wouldn't be opposed to reducing the drop rates over time if that's what's best for the health of the game.
Lylirra, when can we expect to sign up for PTR and/or when will it be available?
what about the duel? are players considered as elite? please share with us.
Thank you Lylirra for explaning! It's good to be wrong!
Can't wait for the PTR! Thanks!!!
Lylirra, can you make a stickied post compiling this info? I think it would be more fair to everyone else if they can all see this (early) release of information, rather than only the people who closely monitor this thread (it's already on page 28)
Artisans through the ages have relied on exotic materials to enhance and create the most powerful items.

Blizzard, please, I beg you to explain what above description is for? Is this some sort of joke? Sarcasm, may be?

Thanks again.