Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 Next
Will patch 1.07 offer the player the option to appear offline when logging in? I sometimes like to play solo and not talk or be bothered?
Check it out: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/ :)

--------

Edit: More information from the developers is available [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581161?page=18#348"]here[/url]!

Are you ever going to do anything to make it more fair for players who DC on HC?

Solution = would be to have say "handicapped" AI take over his player for the 10 second rule untill removed from game.

Alternative solution = the player automatically runs a reverse path, from whence he/she came, for 10 seconds. The essence of which is that the gamer could do it anyway if he/she were still connected.
01/14/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Lylirra
Dear Lylirra, are you guys aware that blue posts have a huge influence on the economy of the game / do you guys follow the economy changes? This is what happened last time you posted that you guys are "exploring ways to improve the worth of Brimstones": prices increased 4-5 the amount within a day, lots of rich people in the game made profits of over 1 billion gold and everyone is still stockpiling them right now as we speak to earn more money when the patch hits.

Yes, we're definitely aware of that effect and do take it heavily into consideration whenever we post. At the same time, we also want to be as transparent as possible with players about the game and upcoming changes to it, so it's an incredible tightrope to walk. In some cases, we may choose not to post about a certain issue due to the potential impact it could have on the economy, or otherwise delay our response to help mitigate it. In others, we accept the risk, acknowledge your concern, and provide some insight -- even if it's vague -- about what we're doing to address the issue (this is what we chose to do with the earlier Brimstone post of mine you referenced).

For this particular situation, even if we didn't release the patch preview, and even if I didn't post about Brimstones today, as soon as the PTR hits and crafting recipe info goes public, the same thing you described would happen. By your logic, should we not have a PTR then, because players will respond a certain way on the Auction House? There are some situations where the long-term health of the game (or our long-term relationship with the community) need to take precedence.

Thank you for this, this is why you're a CM for responses like this. Keep showing your light to people who aren't forward thinkers..speaking of light, very fitting avatar for you :)

I will say only having brimstone be on amulet is kind of a coup out to what you were saying before with 'we're thinking about MULTIPLE uses for brimstone'. That's just one, and although a very good one (since amulets don't tend to have a BiS legendary so everyone will want to craft one) it's not nearly good enough of a leg sink at all.

Please either consider all new recipes use brimstone (cuz just amulet doesn't really make sense) or have amulet consume multiples. Ignore all this flipper hate comments, this is for the better good of farming and the economy and your game.
Personally I love the Amulet idea, it's a huge stat contributor and I will roll many many rubbish units no doubt.
Are you going to list all the things that you would like the players to test on the PTR so that they can test it and it can be put up on the server ASAP? Or is the PTR gonna have to be up for a set amount of time?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/16lmzq/recipes_are_datamined/
---as of today, and subjected to change ---

Archon Gauntlets of [ Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength, Vitality]
Cost: 25000
[Exquisite Essence]x50 [Tome of Secrets]x5 [Demonic Essence]x1
Archon Spaulders of [ Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength, Vitality]
Cost: 50000
[Tome of Secrets]x10 [Demonic Essence]x1
Archon Armor of [ Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength, Vitality]
Cost: 75000
[Tome of Secrets]x2 [Demonic Essence]x1
Razorspikes of [ Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength, Vitality]
Cost: 25000
[Iridescent Tear]x25 [Tome of Secrets]x5 [Demonic Essence]x1
Amulet of [ Dexterity, Intelligence, Strength, Vitality]
Cost: 100000
[Perfect Square [Gem typed based on amulet type]x1 [Fiery Brimstone]x1 [Demonic Essence]x1
blah blah blah had to delete text

Please dont post datamined stuff. Some of us dont like to spoil on what is not released info.
01/14/2013 09:35 PMPosted by MasterJay

Yes, we're definitely aware of that effect and do take it heavily into consideration whenever we post. At the same time, we also want to be as transparent as possible with players about the game and upcoming changes to it, so it's an incredible tightrope to walk. In some cases, we may choose not to post about a certain issue due to the potential impact it could have on the economy, or otherwise delay our response to help mitigate it. In others, we accept the risk, acknowledge your concern, and provide some insight -- even if it's vague -- about what we're doing to address the issue (this is what we chose to do with the earlier Brimstone post of mine you referenced).

For this particular situation, even if we didn't release the patch preview, and even if I didn't post about Brimstones today, as soon as the PTR hits and crafting recipe info goes public, the same thing you described would happen. By your logic, should we not have a PTR then, because players will respond a certain way on the Auction House? There are some situations where the long-term health of the game (or our long-term relationship with the community) need to take precedence.

Thank you for this, this is why you're a CM for responses like this. Keep showing your light to people who aren't forward thinkers..speaking of light, very fitting avatar for you :)

I will say only having brimstone be on amulet is kind of a coup out to what you were saying before with 'we're thinking about MULTIPLE uses for brimstone'. That's just one, and although a very good one (since amulets don't tend to have a BiS legendary so everyone will want to craft one) it's not nearly good enough of a leg sink at all.

Please either consider all new recipes use brimstone (cuz just amulet doesn't really make sense) or have amulet consume multiples. Ignore all this flipper hate comments, this is for the better good of farming and the economy and your game.

+1. Completely agree. Brimstones are the ilvl 63 material, they should be required for all level 63 crafted items. Also, we are in desperate need of a use for crappy legendaries... we grind so hard to find them, and finally after hours of play one drops... but it has a 90%+ chance that it will just end up as a brimstone... that is worth 30k gold. Most players can get that much gold in <2 minutes of playing by picking up 2.5k stacks and selling rares/magics. Makes "legendary" items not so legendary... rather, a huge let down.
In addition to using brimstones for ilvl 63 rare crafting, I hope that some new legendary plans are released... we've been promised them for months and currently all the legendary plans are absolutely useless. Again, not so legendary.
Just my 2 cents.
blah blah blah had to delete text

Please dont post datamined stuff. Some of us dont like to spoil on what is not released info.

please don't post stuff that tells me not to post stuff. some of us don't like to be chided over things you have no authority on.

the very fact that the patch preview, or the PTR itself, will reveal everything in probably less than 24hrs. its hardly a spoiler. in fact, the very fact that you are on a patch preview thread simply means you are getting "spoiler" information in advance of 1.07 being live. you are spoilering yourself. pls stay out of the forums if you want to be actually surprised on patch day.

if anything information like what I've said should be free, because the more people know about it, the less speculators can benefit.

+1. Completely agree. Brimstones are the ilvl 63 material, they should be required for all level 63 crafted items. Also, we are in desperate need of a use for crappy legendaries... we grind so hard to find them, and finally after hours of play one drops... but it has a 90%+ chance that it will just end up as a brimstone... that is worth 30k gold. Most players can get that much gold in <2 minutes of playing by picking up 2.5k stacks and selling rares/magics. Makes "legendary" items not so legendary... rather, a huge let down.
In addition to using brimstones for ilvl 63 rare crafting, I hope that some new legendary plans are released... we've been promised them for months and currently all the legendary plans are absolutely useless. Again, not so legendary.
Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for that, this is exactly why. I'm tired of getting 30k beams of light every farming session IE less than 2 minutes of gold and I'm sure 99% of everyone else is too..
Then why a 50% drop rate from bosses and only after 5 NV stacks? And listing bosses that drop them? If you only need them once, that is completely irrelevant and the drops would annoy everyone after the first week. With that drop rate. Especially since you can just buy them.

Something is odd, I have a feeling you need the recipe each time you want to craft. Otherwise the drop rates and the requirements and the exclusion of end bosses don't make any sense

The new crafting recipes are not consumed on use, no.

We wanted them to be on bosses so players have a more "targeted" location to farm for the recipes, similar to the way that the Infernal Machine recipe worked (but obviously not exactly the same). We also chose the bosses we did specifically, as they are generally less farmed than others.

As for why a 50% drop rate? It's a problem of competing goals:

1. Add something to the game to act as gold sink
2. Add something to the game that's thematically interesting

In order to achieve 1, whatever we add needs to widely available. In order to achieve 2, we can't just distribute those additions solely through vendors.

We'd also rather have a situation where the recipes are selling for vendor cost on the Auction House rather than one where only a few people have access to them (and their respective items). We'll see how things go on the PTR. We also wouldn't be opposed to reducing the drop rates over time if that's what's best for the health of the game.

Why do we need a gold sink? Gold is money in this game. The only ones who benefit from a gold sink are blizzard and bots.

This game is becoming too much like WoW.

You couldn't farm enough gold in a YEAR in this game to have a need for a gold sink.
a gold sink protects the value of your money,. otherwise runaway inflation reduces the value of your money.

--

meanwhile, somethoughts on crafting. I feel you should put 4 random rolls and 2 fixed rolls, the high primary stat and ALL RESIST.

it will help eliminate much of the QQ of future RD, when they realise oh noes, my hungering arrow is in flight and the mob just turned on its rd, then die anyway.
Hi,can you please fix somehow the gem crafting?Like on wow to do the one click-que?instead of having hundreads of clicks?DUnno i think u should kinda fix the gem crafting system.Thanks in advance,
01/13/2013 01:13 AMPosted by Romezu
Why add dueling NPC instead of rightclick player and they get pop up accept or decline duel similiar to WoW system?

they dont do it becouse JAY WILSON KNOWS BETTER.
Just a comment on the new gem level. Unless I misread the info...you have to be kidding me.

Is it really going to cost 20 million + expensive mats to gain an extra 4 points on your primary stat?

Be reasonable. Stat-boosting gems are woefully underpowered/overpriced. The top level gem ought to boost the stat as much (or nearly as much) as the best possible att boost.

So...why not have the new level gem double or (better) triple the stat boost? Get to the top level, and your stat boost is > +150? That would make sense, and it would make folks want that top tier gem.
Since you guy gonna make change to Ruby: weapon damage > atk speed. Should it be done with Amethyst from LOH> lifesteal ( LOH is useless in end game). And Topaz from mele attacker take damage ( what a joke, who would use this) --> energy (AP/ mana)on crit (so it could be at least useful for wiz/ witch doctor). Now people can pick btw crit damage/ atk speed/ lifesteal/ energy otherwise they would just go for crit/ attack speed anyway ( little bit better than just picking crit but still, the problem still there)
Another question:
Why I took reflect damage from Hydra's attack but I didnt gain lifesteal/LOH from its attack? this doesnt seem right lol.