Patch 1.0.7 Preview Now Up!

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 5 6 7 32 Next
Also Lylirra (and I apologize in advance if my question annoys you), any word on my question from earlier? (How will PVP damage scale, as in will players 1 shot each other?)
Lylirra, if you're still reading I have a question for you.

Are the new BoA items going to be salvageable, unlike the BoA Hellfire Rings?

One would hope so. After spending hours and hours to farm up the mats to make a piece of BOA gear with the pattern you also had to farm and will likely either also be BOA or cost 30 million gold on the auction house, you're going to need to make room when the piece of gear has a .00001% chance of being remotely not worthless, and you have to do something with it because looking at it every time you log in gives you an aneurism.
wow im very sad for witch doctors. I was hoping I wouldnt need to switch class to compete but seems wd problems just go unnoticed and ignored.
I thought they specifically said they wanted to make more uses for Brimstone, oh noz we were lied too!!1
For the love of god let me dye legendaries!!!!
You just increased the prices on strength gems by 2500%
01/11/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Spitloogies
You just increased the prices on strength gems by 2500%

They will drop again, speculation is priceless lol.
I like the looks of this patch and how mp10 will offer great exp.
01/11/2013 09:49 PMPosted by MasterJay
I thought they specifically said they wanted to make more uses for Brimstone, oh noz we were lied too!!1

If this new set can roll higher than anything else in the game, I'm betting part of its purpose is to create a sink for the useless legendaries/brimstones. There's no way the new set items will only use a commodity that has a 20% chance of dropping off elite packs. Brimstones will most likely be required too.
Yes u will need brimstones. They will be used with demonic essence + Tears.
01/11/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Bercik
Yes u will need brimstones. They will be used with demonic essence + Tears.

Here's to hoping that's true. My 2,000 brimstone investment could turn a nice profit in that case...
Diablo 3 before patch 1.0.7:

Sign in, load act3, run Alk over and over and over and over and done. Sign out.

Diablo 3 after patch 1.0.7:

Sign in, load act3, run Alk over and over and over and over and done. Sign out.

wow Im so excited, obviously been a really productive 3 months over there at Blizzard. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz wake me up when you actually get around to adding something worthwhile to the game other than running act 3.
01/11/2013 10:00 PMPosted by TopStock
unlike the BoA Hellfire Rings?

u MVP and dont know u can salvage them?

I meant into component pieces.

IE, salvage the new BoA gear into the Demonic Essences.

Last I checked Hellfire Rings don't salvage back into Organs.
And disappointing as hell...

Thanks for ruining pvp for me blizz. Why would I want to duel random strangers that will probably far out-gear me? The only reason I would've participated in the pvp you promised for release was because it would have matchmaking so I would go up against somewhat equally geared/skilled people. Now all this is is sanctioned griefing.
MP in public is nice. It must be better if the player can select a range of preferred MP (i.e. 5 to 7) instead of one fixed value.
You can duel me. I can almost guarantee I cannot kill you with 8K DPS lol.
Very interesting patch notes. This is going to throw a HUGE curve ball for any players with set pieces. If the armor rolls better stats than say Inna's Chest, or IK Chest, I can hardly see a player giving up a major set bonus for something like that. I'm interested to see how this all plays out.
01/11/2013 10:21 PMPosted by Scorch
Thanks for ruining pvp for me blizz. Why would I want to duel random strangers that will probably far out-gear me?

Pretty much the same in D2...and people seem to love that. You can just inspect someones gear and asked what their base DPS is. At least this system doesn't "force" you into griefing/PK situations.
Worth giving a look into, I'll try the PTR out, though I'm still fairly jaded on the lack of a quality end-game.

Still, 1.07 is looking like another step in the right direction (with still many more steps to go).