One question for ur dev team

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 20 Next
i think its funny how u need a ptr, are ur beta testers that crap at testing, dont game developers pay people to beta test
01/18/2013 06:17 PMPosted by Kush
If you can do better with you game company, I implore you to do so, sell 16 mill copies and at the snap of a finger fix things like they never happened.

16 million copys, how of those are banned accounts
1) Your an $8.1 billion company. If you wanted something done, you have the money to get it done if not now, really *soon*.

Diablo 3 isnt a subscription based revenue... there isnt a whole lot of benefit in pouring more money into its development. The fact that they even improve the game at all should be seen as a gift from the heavens.
01/20/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Delkerramak
1) Your an $8.1 billion company. If you wanted something done, you have the money to get it done if not now, really *soon*.

Diablo 3 isnt a subscription based revenue... there isnt a whole lot of benefit in pouring more money into its development. The fact that they even improve the game at all should be seen as a gift from the heavens.

1) They have the RMAH. Apparently, it isn't doing as well as they thought it would and there's good reason for that but there is some revenue.
2) I don't care. None of the fans care. It's not our problem. They put out a game that was not even worthy of being in the franchise. They should be fixing it free of charge if they want to keep those fans and earn the money for the expansions they already have planned.
One statement I’ve seen over and over on these forums and elsewhere are proposals for “easy” fixes and overarching assumptions about how long implementation for a variety of changes “should” take. The reality is, game development is a hugely iterative and time-consuming process, with many people involved along the way. Design takes time, Coding takes time, art takes time, QA takes time: you name it. There are also multiple steps in the pipeline for each and every proposed change and bug fix, no matter how minor, and what issues are being worked on in what order and by who can and do change as new matters arise. Sometimes extra testing is also needed for bugs that come back broken and need to be retested, because we didn't want them to go live with a bad fix.While there may indeed be a list of known issues and bugs that run alongside some patches, for every one you are aware of, there can be dozens or hundreds being worked on behind-the-scenes that you likely never be aware of. We do things just as quickly as we can, but even then, it’s a process that takes time.

This means the game is too broke to be fixed.

Blizzard - scrap all future patches/expansions and save your resources for Diablo 4. Before you do that, hire the whole Blizzard North team back.
01/18/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Dreamflange
You guys realize the Atomic Bomb was created in less time than it took Blizzard to develop Diablo3.

LOLD some give this guy a medal :D :D :D
1) They have the RMAH. Apparently, it isn't doing as well as they thought it would and there's good reason for that but there is some revenue.

That's why theyre putting a bunch of bind on account things in the game ... they want fewer transactions ... they dont like revenue.
01/20/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Delkerramak

That's why theyre putting a bunch of bind on account things in the game ... they want fewer transactions ... they dont like revenue.

Uh . . . ok. I definitely didn't say that. If they were trying to fix crafting though, this probably isn't going to do it.

To expand on this, the bind on account items are using the same RNG that the rest of the game is. It's more efficient to just buy your items on the AH still. I don't think this will hurt them that much. There are also people buying lottery tickets though so I'm sure some people will try it.
Uh . . . ok. I definitely didn't say that. If they were trying to fix crafting though, this probably isn't going to do it.

Problem is theyre throwing it to the opposite direction ... theyre partially breaking farming to force you into crafting gloves and amulets to get the best gear.

And what's worse? They want it to be a giant gold sink by making them bind on account ... so if you ever make something crazy you cant even trade it ... which is just annoying... not fun... its gonna piss off alot of people ... if not rightaway, soon after
01/20/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Delkerramak

Problem is theyre throwing it to the opposite direction ... theyre partially breaking farming to force you into crafting gloves and amulets to get the best gear.

And what's worse? They want it to be a giant gold sink by making them bind on account ... so if you ever make something crazy you cant even trade it ... which is just annoying... not fun... its gonna piss off alot of people ... if not rightaway, soon after

I really don't think it'll be efficient to do it at all. I mean sure if you got billions and the only hope of you getting a better item is to go for that amulet or gloves but with the RNG the way it is, it's more efficient to just save and purchase an item off the AH that gives you the stats you want.
01/18/2013 06:43 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
None of those have the quality that Diablo 3 has.

Diablo 3 doesn't have quality since it is still broken 8 months after release.

You cant judge the quality of a broken thing...
01/20/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Delkerramak

Farming is already broken, and for good.

How many items are you wearing that you farmed?
01/20/2013 02:48 PMPosted by Snowjob

2) I don't care. None of the fans care. It's not our problem. They put out a game that was not even worthy of being in the franchise. They should be fixing it free of charge if they want to keep those fans and earn the money for the expansions they already have planned.

This isn't an MMO, and unless you're actually spending money in RMAH then blizzard probably couldnt care less if you stayed or left.

This isn't an MMO, and unless you're actually spending money in RMAH then blizzard probably couldnt care less if you stayed or left.

And that's the problem. The only responses left for fans is to harrass them on this forum and other media and/or vote with their dollars and not buy another Blizzard product.

How do you expect to get materials to craft without farming? Your arguments make no sense.

If anything, BoA gear will INCREASE farming, just not farming for a specific drop.

Here's a shocker of a thought - imagine Blizzard introduced tokens which you could trade for a Legendary item. These tokens randomly drop from mobs in Inferno. It takes 1000 tokens or so to trade for a Legendary, with increasing scale depending on a set value. You'd get about 50-100 tokens per run of Act 1, and about 100-200 per run of Act 3. Sounds good, right? You could save up lots of tokens, or spend them for some low Legendaries.

Now let's call those tokens "1000 gold". And we'll call the scale the AH. OMG! I just described a system that's already in place; you can pick up about 1000 piles of 1000g and trade that 1m for a low-level Legendary at the AH.
01/20/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Snowjob
And that's the problem. The only responses left for fans is to harrass them on this forum and other media and/or vote with their dollars and not buy another Blizzard product.
Except they won't.

I can show you countless threads on these forums where people rage out and say "I quit" only to discover that they play daily. Then the excuses like "I only logged on to see changes" come flying by (yet the Elite kill count continues to climb higher).

I'm sure that Blizzard is aware of this as well.

I still stand by my bet; if Blizzard released Diablo 3 Expansion tomorrow, it would sell 10m+ copies.
Vaeflare - these kids are just pushing your buttons. Most are ignorant to the process. The balances in this game are meticulous and complex and many gamers appreciate them. The fact that gamers continue to play the game and care to read your posts are a statement in and of itself. Keep up the good work!