Votekick PK Solution

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
01/09/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Chopu
Ehhh. While we all really absolutely LOVE Blizz holding our hands throughout the entire game we dont have to !@#$ing play it anymore. Goodbye and good luck with your fail game.

I don't like the holding hand thing either, but if you think that this is the same thing, you are completely blind. You also haven't seemed to have touched HC so you have no clue as it is.
@#%'s broke.
01/09/2013 01:36 PMPosted by MANTiC0R3
@#%'s broke.

Okay Olly, blacky weather man.
Pretty easy and intuitive. Many other "solutions" are very abusable to prevent hardcore characters from dying, here is mine.

When a votekick is passed, votekicked player has 60s timer to exit the game. After 60s has passed, the player will lose control of his character for 10s and automatically disconnect.

Perhaps just 60 seconds to leave the game, the idea is there. No need for the losing control of your character. One minute should be more than enough for you to find a safe spot and tp...

what if they are doing a MP10 uber run...
http://i4.minus.com/ibn3MT3x5CvkPw.jpg

Tag:maydaywinter#1484
Hardcoe Char:Naga

Who can help me?
Just remember the killers' names of jak#1141 ,poopofdoom#1271 , crazypills#1344 .
The votekick system killed me. I need some help from you ,Lylirria.
01/08/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Lylirra
Thanks! And understood. I'll pass this on.

I love you and your beautiful face
Ehhh. While we all really absolutely LOVE Blizz holding our hands throughout the entire game we dont have to !@#$ing play it anymore. Goodbye and good luck with your fail game.

Ooh. You did that thing where you use words I've used, but do it in a way that's intended to be really sarcastic and maybe even a little mean-spirited. That's cute.

Anyway. Yes, playing a Hardcore character is more or less done "at your own risk," with the acknowledgment that the character may die for a variety of reasons (some of which might be beyond your immediate control). And yes, for us to be able to maintain a feature like Hardcore we have to take a hard line about doing everything we can not to intervene in these characters' fates.

Game design isn't always black-and-white, though, and we reserve the right to make exceptions if we feel it will benefit the health of the game. This is one of those situations.

Thanks for the well thought out and awe inspiring post. It brings definite and accurate meaning to what Lyl said.
whynot just give kicked/disc players godmode during those 10sec :P
01/09/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Lylirra
Ooh. You did that thing where you use words I've used, but do it in a way that's intended to be really sarcastic and maybe even a little mean-spirited. That's cute.

Gotta love the fun banter in these forums lol.

Anyways good luck trying to communicate with people here.

+1ish in hopes of this game getting better.
Lylirra, is a disconnect (whether it be server side or client side) a risk that "might be beyond your immediate control" and something that you choose not to intervene in? I think a simple auto-pause feature a la Starcraft would be a simple, unexploitable feature to avoid a DC death?

Anyway. Yes, playing a Hardcore character is more or less done "at your own risk," with the acknowledgment that the character may die for a variety of reasons (some of which might be beyond your immediate control). And yes, for us to be able to maintain a feature like Hardcore we have to take a hard line about doing everything we can not to intervene in these characters' fates.

Game design isn't always black-and-white, though, and we reserve the right to make exceptions if we feel it will benefit the health of the game. This is one of those situations.

I love it.

+1
Hardcore

Just the fact you typed this at all makes me smile. Thanks for supporting us Lylirra. I feel so much better about the fate of the game I love :)

Funny how this is coming from someone who hasn't done anything but talk to the Blacksmith in hardcore.
Try stepping into the ring before you open your mouth big man.

Edit: Spelling
So long as I die due to my own incompetence (I will even accept the chance of Internet failure because the cause), I will be ok with a Hardcore hero dying. But when the fault is not my own, but in another person, that is where there is an issue. I am glad that they are looking into the removal of it--although it has not been really discussed, I would also put myself under the view that it should be a punishable act if done.\

So, you would not get your hero back. But if it is shown that the person has done it on numerous occasions, there should be some disciplinary action. No clue where it would fall under though--perhaps harassment but even that is weak. Maybe the exploitation of a mechanic to willfully and purposely harm another player. Who knows, but this is just wrong.
01/09/2013 05:56 PMPosted by doseL
Lylirra, is a disconnect (whether it be server side or client side) a risk that "might be beyond your immediate control" and something that you choose not to intervene in? I think a simple auto-pause feature a la Starcraft would be a simple, unexploitable feature to avoid a DC death?

In general, yes. Disconnections are one of those variables that you'll need to assume is a risk when playing Hardcore. Even so, I've already passed along this post by Norc to our developers for their consideration (it's pretty similar to your feedback). :)

In general, yes. Disconnections are one of those variables that you'll need to assume is a risk when playing Hardcore. Even so, I've already passed along [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639780?page=3#59"]this post[/url] by Norc to our developers for their consideration (it's pretty similar to your feedback). :)

Do you know if it has been noted whether or not it can be fixed via hotfix or patch (client side)? I have a feeling it will most likely be via patch since it is not just Blizzards side.

My one concern with the pause feature though it that it may be exploited in sudden cases where a death is imminent--nut it all depends on how long the server will keep the game paused, if the person can make a new game, will it simply quit the game and save the person? I think the question of whether or not it can even be worked out to make a game (or room) stay open after a disconnect.

I just do not want to see people using F4 or forced dc's just to save themselves if about to die.
Funny how this is coming from someone who hasn't done anything but talk to the Blacksmith in hardcore.
Try stepping into the ring before you open your mouth big man.

After my char died due to a disconnect I moved on.
Also my apologies to the CM for it was a wee bit childish to take my anger out on Lyl. She is not by my knowledge a programmer or director so she did not deserve that.
01/09/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Nilrem
Do you know if it has been noted whether or not it can be fixed via hotfix or patch (client side)? I have a feeling it will most likely be via patch since it is not just Blizzards side.

It'll need to be a client-side patch. We're currently targeting for 1.0.7 (which doesn't have a release date that we can share just yet, but it's in the infamous realm of "soon").
01/09/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Chopu
Also my apologies to the CM for it was a wee bit childish to take my anger out on Lyl. She is not by my knowledge a programmer or director so she did not deserve that.

No hard feelings, dude. :)