Item Conditions Priority Lists

Monk
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
Right - unique rolls.

I don't think MF is really endgame, but you have a point.
Right - unique rolls.

I don't think MF is really endgame, but you have a point.

I edited my post with an example. What do you think?
Min/Max dmg
Dex
Vit
Life%/LoH
CHC
Your choice of CHD or IAS

I think you're right, the 37 lightning resist feels like a waste on my ammy. If I dropped that for LoH it would be far superior. Losing CHD would pain me - but i do want the IaS.
CD and CC will ALWAYS be more valuable than IAS and AD on necklaces because of their max roll figures.

wonder what you've done to actually calculate your BiS lists since I think certain items aren't lined up perfectly.

What I typically do to identify the BiS(I just started to notice with your thread) is take the best possible unique rolls of each slot and try to find that. With amulets the unique rolls would be Mains, MF%, Life%, CHC, Min/MaxDMG, and Blind on hit. All the other stats can roll elsewhere or aren't a big enough difference imo.

As far as this goes, if you ignore the BEST stats that can roll on a slot, its not the best now is it? All categories listed in the OP other than "budget" and "endgame" are mathematically sound. The other two are based on the first 4, with my opinions mixed in.
01/10/2013 07:46 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
As far as this goes, if you ignore the BEST stats that can roll on a slot, its not the best now is it?

That is exactly what I am saying though. The best stats for ammy's are also the best stats for weapons so how do you figure the best stats in these cases to accurately find BiS?
These lists have nothing to do with any other item than the one being compared at the time. Not sure what the confusion is lol o_O
I see what you're doing. You are comparing amulets to amulets and adding up their worth. In that case wouldn't Rares all be BiS?
01/10/2013 07:57 PMPosted by n0rain
In that case wouldn't Rares all be BiS?

You mean in other slots?
Rare items can roll any affix at higher values sometimes so end game gear would all be rare>everything else.
01/10/2013 08:05 PMPosted by n0rain
Rare items can roll any affix at higher values sometimes so end game gear would all be rare>everything else.

Thats actually not true in most cases, otherwise you would be right rares would be BiS for every item.
Any proof that rares don't roll any affix?
01/10/2013 08:08 PMPosted by n0rain
Any proof that rares don't roll any affix?

This website is all the proof I need the math based OP is correct. Although I also use these sites as reference:

http://www.d3rmt.com/guides/diablo-3-item-stat-maximum-values/
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/41045-spoiler-diablo-iii-item-affixes/
Lol okay... All I asked you for is citation man. I think it would help the OP to explain how you got your findings where they are.
Hey n0rain...you have a zero in your name
01/10/2013 08:11 PMPosted by n0rain
Lol okay... All I asked you for is citation man. I think it would help the OP to explain how you got your findings where they are.

I already said in the OP that the math involved is simple and not really worth noting, since its basically just looking at max rolls from one item to another and adding or subtracting. Just use the item index here on the official site and you could do the same. I just put it all into one spot for myself originally, and figured sharing would be nice :)
01/10/2013 08:11 PMPosted by n0rain

Skill bonus rolls on mara's wont roll on rare amulet.

etc.
01/10/2013 08:13 PMPosted by KamelJabber
Hey n0rain...you have a zero in your name

n0 !@#$. it's meant to emphasize the word NO without using caps because I find it annoying. Why does that matter?

@gotsaplanstan
Thanks for citing your sources

@Cayzer
Good point. I suppose a skill affix is worth grabbing in some circumstances.
01/10/2013 08:27 PMPosted by n0rain
n0 !@#$. it's meant to emphasize the word NO without using caps because I find it annoying. Why does that matter?

Don't mind Kamel, he's just having some fun.
01/10/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Cayzer

Don't mind Kamel, he's just having some fun.

:-D
hey stan, kudos for putting this list together. it's obvious that a fair bit of time and effort was invested into this.

however, i'm a little confounded by your #1 ring order for endgame. why is unity the last on the list?

i see the value of the resist bonus on litany but given that there's only one added property, you get short changed on IAS, LoH, CD or average damage. BIS would probably be one with the added damage:

- 65 ar
- 230 regen
- 4.5 cc
- 7% elite reduction
- 160 dex
- 60 avg dmg

unity on the other hand has its own restrictions. BIS is probably one with CD meaning that you loose IAS and resist:

- 60 avg dmg
- 300 loh
- 4.5 cc
- 160 dex
- 45 cd

the added damage on unity easily outclasses litany by being able to score both avg dmg and cd. i loose around 15k dps when comparing the two on my gear.

so it's a question of mitigation. loh vs regen + resist + dmg deduction.

by the time you get to endgame and have IAS in every other slot as well as an EF, your attacks can easily scale to 3 per second if you're using a WKL as well WotHF (BF). So this brings your LoH to 900 per second, perhaps even more with the use of FoT.

900 LoH vs (230 regen + 65 resist + 6% elite reduction)... probably litany.

that said, you wont really have endgame gear unless you've scored a good chuck of ls, probably a minimum of 5.5 although loh is still necessary as it procs before ls and the rd affix.

so when you're 250 - 280 unbuff dps with 5.5 ls, is the added mitigation from litany really worth the dps you're loosing from not using unity?