PTR Exploit (Blues please read)

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
Facepalm to some people in this thread...

Anyway, free bump because this is a pretty big issue with a pretty easy fix.
Is a public beta test realm and everything is deleted when it ends? why you cry about public BETA test?
01/10/2013 08:13 AMPosted by prizim
lol @ buying unidentified items

This was a very common practice in D2. The reason you buy stuff unidentified is because you're taking a gamble on what the item rolls. The reason you sell stuff unidentified is because you don't want to gamble with getting something bad, or getting something good, thus you sell it for something "in-between".

If people were to find out what the stuff was via an exploit, it defeats the purpose for both the legit sellers and buyers.

This is an issue that needs to get looked into.

EDIT: For those of you that don't know...

Item stats are predetermined when they drop from a monster, not when you identify them.

-What that means is that if someone copied an item from LIVE servers to the PTR servers and identified them, the rolls would be IDENTICAL once they identify them back in LIVE. This defeats the purpose of "gambling". It's like playing texas hold 'em versus people who all had their cards face up, while you get to hide yours.
01/12/2013 09:58 PMPosted by Vranx
Is a public beta test realm and everything is deleted when it ends? why you cry about public BETA test?

I think you have a poor comprehension ability...you should read the main post again..hmm..
Yeah I realizes this right away all I can say is after PTR do not buy unided at all.
Yes please do something about this thanks.
Bump
Why would you buy items outside the AH?

You know that 90% of trade-chat people are scammers?
Why would you buy items outside the AH?

You know that 90% of trade-chat people are scammers?

not really...
As PTR is going to come or at least strongly hinted, I have to point out the extremely BIG exploit being carried out right now.

Tons of people are massing and hoarding up tons of UNID Legendaries, buying them everyday. They are waiting for PTR to hit and copy their characters over, they will then ID the UNIDs in the PTR and identify the good ones. They will then go over to Live servers and identify the good ones and leave the bad ones unid.

They will then scam stupid people who don't know about the exploit a few weeks after PTR closes.

PLEASE fix this before releasing the PTR....thanks for your time.

If you want to help, please like the post and request sticky. Unless you want the economy to be filled with crappy unid scams or you are one of these scammers...shruggies...sorry for trying to ruin your business

Suggested Solutions

1) Unid Items are not copied over
2) All Unid items copied over are ID-ed in Live
3) Unid item properties are rerolled in PTR when copied

-------------------

CANNONT BE TRADED IF NOT IDENTIFIED . SIMPLY AS THAT . YOUR LOOT IS YOUR OWN AS THEY SAY!
01/13/2013 05:28 PMPosted by Newton
CANNONT BE TRADED IF NOT IDENTIFIED . SIMPLY AS THAT . YOUR LOOT IS YOUR OWN AS THEY SAY!

what is wrong with unid trading? some people don't like to take chances and some like to gamble
As PTR is going to come or at least strongly hinted, I have to point out the extremely BIG exploit being carried out right now.

Tons of people are massing and hoarding up tons of UNID Legendaries, buying them everyday. They are waiting for PTR to hit and copy their characters over, they will then ID the UNIDs in the PTR and identify the good ones. They will then go over to Live servers and identify the good ones and leave the bad ones unid.

They will then scam stupid people who don't know about the exploit a few weeks after PTR closes.

PLEASE fix this before releasing the PTR....thanks for your time.

Problem solved don't buy Unid items.

If you want to help, please like the post and request sticky. Unless you want the economy to be filled with crappy unid scams or you are one of these scammers...shruggies...sorry for trying to ruin your business

Suggested Solutions

3) Unid item properties are rerolled in PTR when copied

Suggested Solutions

3) Unid item properties are rerolled in PTR when copied[/quote]

01/10/2013 08:15 AMPosted by Shadovex
Wow if this is true, then blizzard is a host for fail.

Stepping into traffic and getting his by a car is a FAIL, but still not the cities fault you didn't heed the traffic signal. Same with Blizzard they are offering legitimate trading on the AH. If you buy an UNDIN item you are rolling the dice a ton of ways. You already know the odds of getting a good item for a drop so purchasing UNDIN items is just stupid to say the least.

For people that don't get it I have the Swamp Land in Florida for you.

what is wrong with unid trading? some people don't like to take chances and some like to gamble

then gamble with assummption that PTR is used to scam.

. don't buy if don't want to assume the risk, if assuming the risk then assume chance of scam is 99%, therefore adjust prices of buy, like dollar averaging
OP, you should offer some kind of solution to a problem instead of just "fix it". Even if the solution seems obvious.

I disagree. I pay to play the game, not help blizzard make money by letting obvious BS through that they should not.

They should fix it. It is very obvious how they could fix it, I'll let them fire a few neurons and do so.

-------------------

Lame. If someone wants to sell UNID and someone else wants the thrill of gambling (because crafting is a less fun version of D2 gambling, but noone working on this game apparently cares about that small fact) let them.

Just because blizz has poor code where PTR ids are the same as the original copy (which honestly makes absolutely zero sense to the point I don't even believe this works or is how it is done) doesn't mean a legitimately interesting system needs to be thrown out.

If anything they should allow UNID items on the auction house. Of course, not if there is a way to essentially ID them first via PTR...
[quote]

If anything they should allow UNID items on the auction house. Of course, not if there is a way to essentially ID them first via PTR...

unid legends on AH would put some 'ooomph' back into the game, players will call it the 'gheed' of today
How are we for sure the randomness of an item is generated on pick-up, and not WHEN you are identifying it? Say they did ID it on the PTR, and then come back to the live servers, ID it, and then it's completely different.