<deleted>

General Discussion
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next
YES!!!

They really need to do this.
http://www.D3Tournaments.net

New Up and Coming Website where fellow PvPers can organize battles against each other for gold prizes! I hosted something similar to this back in D2Classic days (Clan Rune-X) for SoJs and had a pretty large player base.

There will be Free Entry tournaments were you can battle 1v1 against other players for no entry free required and win the given pot specified (winner takes all). There will also be tournaments with entry fee's that will be distributed among top 3 ranking players.

Ex. 50 entry's at 10m a head - 500m total pool - 1st. 300m, 2nd 150m, 3rd 50m

Tournament Duels will be held in the new dueling zone in patch 1.0.7 with one D3T admin and 2 players for the 1v1 Fight. Tournament page will be updated on site Live! also streamed on Twitch so you can keep up to date with the action.

Rules and Limits will be announced after patch is droped and closer to tournament time.

Any Feedback is Appriciated.
-VoiD
Holy Bump~
+1
blizz is anti pvp its fairly obvious

they wont implement this on the grounds that a casual noob may accidently hit the join public duel button by mistake
+1
Ok , so I have read through just about all of it ( atleast i think i haven't missed what i was looking for ) and havent seen anyone post on why they think Blizzard didn't add the simple game lobby we had in Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Diablo 2, or Starcraft 2. i think the answer to this question wasnt about wether or not they just didnt think of it. its completely intentional. it was a planned feature of the game to not allow players to trade like diablo 2. the RMAH/AH System was the Center for this game so they are force us to use it. (i dont really blame them its how they make a paycheck). if you really sit and think about it you see this is why. but at the same time this is also why the game is most likely falling off at the same time. Alienating the players from one another is taking a dramatic toll on players Friendlists and social gaming experience. Players also only level 1 Character of each class to 60 (wich i met most of my friends while leveling to 60 in public games). oh yes they give us a public game option.......wich honestly no one plays it for the fact MP is better farming so no lucrative rewards in public games. And Some will argue "Well they gave us a trade channel this isnt true". lol thats a joke. the only people who post items in the trade channel are over charging on the AH and cant get the item to sell. it doesnt look like they are giving in on this method either they will keep it seperate and keep as much flowing throguh the RMAH/AH as possible. with this new "Dueling" (cant Call it PvP really they trashed the PvP Idea pretty much) system coming out we wont be able to find fresh and new rivals on a regular steady rate searching forums and even spamming a PvP Channel would get old after a while. i think this is a big Issue and needs to be Dropped by Blizzard at some point and start going in a new direction, otherwise Farming, Selling, Farming, Selling, is about all we can do at this point and they havent posted anything on adding a new Matchmaking system or a game Lobby. to me this was a huge step back on they're part and i cant believe more didnt notice it ( i think alot of peopel think they just overlooked it lol). i like the game play in game and have enjoyed leveling to paragon 87 ( although i try not to sell anything on the AH and have never Activated my RMAH because i think the game is dwendling because of the it being focused on to much) and will prolly make it to 100 before i get Bored but as for another 6 months i dont think i have that in me. if we don't start getting a more user Friendly interface - gamelobby to make friend's party's Farming group's PvP matches Etc.
given what you've seen in diablo 3 already did you really expect something more than this?
someone just needs to fire Jay Wilson, and get a new team to start working on a diablo 4.
+1
please make a elo match making function so its easy to find similar winning opponents
bump!!! agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
can't we have random grouping and matches?
I still think shallow as it is, it wouldn't hurt to put team deathmatch in.

At least they could give better matchmaking/more incentive. I'm sure it's coming though...this can only get better.
plz add a healer to the building
definitely need more than 4 ppl per game..
I am one of the few not interested in PvP at all. However, I do agree with this post. The vast majority of my friends in D3 are high-grade heroes - my DH (currently my strongest hero on my account) would not stand a chance agaisnt any of them at all. I have other friends who wouldn't last 5 seconds against my DH (thae vast minority, by the way). Also, after a few rounds of dueling with the same people and the same results, I think it would get totally boring and then everyone will go back to the co-op gear grind...

Also, IMHO I do not think that HC heroes should have a permanent death - spending all that time creating a character to find out someone outspent you on the AH/RMAH and ate your character for a snack...permanently...

Totally off topic from the original post, Blizzard has not addressed the issue of balance between players in PvP. Can anyone really defend against a WIZ (or a DH using Stun Grenades) who can freeze you in your tracks? What about a character who can max out at about 100K damage against another who can max out at 350K damage? I just do not see how PvP can be fairly balanced with the AH/RMAH as a factor in builds...seems like it would attract trolls and goons for the vast majority of PvP games...
agree