Bliz please let me play my alts again

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
cry moar, your idea is horrible you are noob. that is all.
Paragon isn't mandatory to play your characters. It's just a little extra to encourage further grinding past lvl 60. Heck, i've played a fresh lvl 60 barb for a few hours (plvl5) and she's already found a few legs with no mf gear on. Tbh, i have no problem on leveling other toons or playing an additional lvl 60 without this, so i don't see what the problem is.
lol, it's funny at all the people who think that by giving players the option to xp faster is considered "cheating". It's a video game son, no one cares if you got P100 first and have perfect rolls on every piece of gear you got. No one is going to call you up, you won't get a article in the paper, gamespot won't interview you. Its a video game. Put away the epeen.
Paragon GF/MF should be made account wide; I very much enjoy playing my alts and it would be very rewarding killing mobs and being able to get loot!! (players should be rewarded making an alt) The current system forces me to farm gear on my high level = Stupid. Current system feels like its just a job leveling =/ please let me at least enjoy leveling (at least have a higher chance of being able to gear my low levels while playing them)

Current system feels like i'm being punished for playing an alt.
01/12/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Kuma
lol, it's funny at all the people who think that by giving players the option to xp faster is considered "cheating". It's a video game son, no one cares if you got P100 first and have perfect rolls on every piece of gear you got. No one is going to call you up, you won't get a article in the paper, gamespot won't interview you. Its a video game. Put away the epeen.

They ARE giving players the option to xp faster in the coming new patch. Stop trying to look for an easy way to level up. Like you said, it's just a game, enjoy the playing and leveling or just stop playing. No one cares.
The new BOA items are a way to let you play your alts. You'll definitely roll some stuff you can't use on your main, so eventually you'll get a set that may not be as powerful as your main, but it will still be good.
Think of Paragon levels like this:
They increased the level cap from 60 to 160. Don't think about in terms of just more mf/gf.

Why even have alts at all? Meaning, what's the reason? Why have them if you aren't going to play them?

I have played all classes, one-by-one, Act I - Act IV and am currently on my 5th in the middle of Act II Hell. Yes, it sucks to start over, but there is gratification for doing everything again.

People have said, no one is stopping you except for you. You have said you want a good reason. I agree with them and offer you this reason.

I agree with this: This is still retarded. Why on earth do you think that your characters should level up if you don't play them...?
Judging by your wd, you could throw about 200m at a monk and get better loot/hour even with the paragon difference completely negated mike, clear speed has a far greater impact, quite frankly the way your gear and spec is im amazed your even paragon lvl 80.
Paragon leveling is not something that was suppose to be a one time for all characters. An account bound thing, no it was there to address a real problem at the time.

You see progress is important in a video game. If players feel that their time is not being rewarded with any real progress then they will not play, period. So what was happening before paragon levels was players were playing for days or even weeks in some cases without any upgrades, They did not get anything useful enough to sell so they could buy their upgrades on the gold auction house. So they felt their time was wasted, they were losing interest. So Blizz introduced paragon leveling.

This way if you have those days where you are not getting anything useful as far as an upgrade or something useful to sell. Now you get extra xp toward the next paragon level. Of course the problem then becomes what does a paragon level 100 do when they are farming and it has been weeks, maybe even a month since their last upgrade or really great drop that they sold. They must get pretty bored with the game. So some of them might take a little time off.

Paragon leveling was created to address some problems that existed at the time, but I believe it is failing to do so. If I remember correctly, one of the problems they wanted to address was MF gear swapping. They did this by capping magic find and adding the magic find bonus to paragon levels. However, since it takes such a long time to get to paragon 100, and I believe a majority of players have not achieved it, you still need MF gear and thus still have an incentive to MF gear swap. So, it seems paragon is not accomplishing it's purpose. Making paragon account wide would at least help.

There was more to Paragon levels then handling MF swap. Here is the other issue like I said above that you obviously ignored. It comes from this website in the Paragon level blog.

Level 60 Rewards

We understand that some players feel frustrated once they hit level 60 because they no longer feel like they’re making progress. It can be demoralizing to play for an hour, not get any drops, and also be out a big chunk of gold from repair costs. Your play session may not only end without an upgrade, it can wind up being a net loss. Everyone wants to feel like they’re making some progress when they log in, even if they don’t get that new sword.

Read the above quote over really close and you can see what I said was quite true.

Here it the link to the blog so page down and see for yourself. While making it account wide helps MF. But you lose the feeling of progress and players need to feel like they are making some progress when they log in, even if they don't get that new sword.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968517
going to first off ask you to read shadow aegis's statement.

Then additionally heres my point of view.

Silent mike your argument for the opt out makes no sense. Basically it would be analagous to saying I went to school for 7 years for a computer science/ecommerce major/masters so you should higher me as a rocket scientist. characters are there own personal entity. having a paragon 100 of a certain class carries some power and prestige to it. shows you really understand the class, and you didnt just rmah buy your way through the game, you actually did play it and understand your class or you wouldnt be there.

Your option totally takes away that prestige fame and no one could ever know. Its also a huge unfair advantage that no one would take the opt out ven if they didnt like the idea cuz it would not make sense. Your opt out is like okay were raising your salary from 40k a year to 120k(300% gold find) a year with some addional bonuses on top of it(300% magic find) you can opt out of this if you want(no one will do it).

I treat my alts like alts. If im gonna play for 4 hours, I might farm for 3, find a cool drop for my monk give it to him, and play him for the next hour if he levels cool, if he dont hes an alt. I wouldnt want a para 100 title on my monk hanging over my head or ppl would think I have focused into theory spec and understand the class inside and out the way I do my WD, which quite frankly isnt the truth.
I don't agree with making bonus for 1 char to be on another. You can switch gear as much as you want. If you are not playing other char you made then are you saying its blizz's fault?? It's your fault not their. Its your choice, they don't need to help you decide...

But for someone that would like to switch off 1 char into an another what about introducing exp transfer between plvl. You can transfer all the exp you got on 1 char to the next but the transfer ratio is 1/2. So you plvl 100 becomes plvl0 the new char be come plvl 76 (I think this is the half way point.). And if you transfer back you loss another 50% of your exp.
I think blizzard should let us play through normal difficulty
Auto level us to 60 after first play through on said difficulty, nobody wants to play nightmare and hell just get us to inferno!
Auto level all alt toons to 60
Auto level all toons to plvl100 after first one gets there
As soon as each toon hits lvl 60 they should give us a bank roll of 3 billion too just because we seen people on twitch.tv with better gear and its unfair. Just because they have played the game 3000 hrs to our few hundred they shouldnt be as far ahead as that.

Its pretty easy all they would have to do is stick an "i win" button on the main page.........

I think this is a perfect idea we should implement it on patch 1.0.8
Kirus we still have the issue i brought up with that one.
I think blizzard should let us play through normal difficultyAuto level us to 60 after first play through on said difficulty, nobody wants to play nightmare and hell just get us to inferno!Auto level all alt toons to 60Auto level all toons to plvl100 after first one gets thereAs soon as each toon hits lvl 60 they should give us a bank roll of 3 billion too just because we seen people on twitch.tv with better gear and its unfair. Just because they have played the game 3000 hrs to our few hundred they shouldnt be as far ahead as that.Its pretty easy all they would have to do is stick an "i win" button on the main page.........I think this is a perfect idea we should implement it on patch 1.0.8

+1 for sarcasm. Way to demonstrate the problem so elaborately with this idea ^.^ it would even 100% seal my fate on if I buy the expansion!!!!

Ahh the entitled generation thanks for runining the fine tradition of gaming we have.
The only reason you need to paragon an alt to lvl 100 is for the stat boost. Not the mf and gf. And if you want to have 2 characters with the boost you have to put in the work. And it is a lot of work. And it takes forever. Post like this is why they keep making the games easier and easier.
hello,blah blah paragon should be acc wide,no,i enjoy paragon lvling,it did get boring but i decided to make it more interesting and go with all bonus exp gear,i have 201% bonus exp,i lvl a bit faster and it also made more interesting as i have to work harder to stay alive cos ive got caines on etc etc lol its a challenge sometimes but its better than just killing stuff and never having to worry about dying......on a side note,ive joined pub games with lvl 100 chars that turned out to be bots,you know,they just follow round and dont attack anything,nice achievement douches,really well done,at least i will have the satisfaction of knowing all the effort i put into reaching 100(at 93 atm)was all my doing,so to all you lvl 100 bots.......one word........ LOSERS :)
You just don't get it.

Think of Paragon levels like this:
They increased the level cap from 60 to 160. Don't think about in terms of just more mf/gf.

No, they didn't increase the level cap from 60 to 160, not even close. It IS just mf/gf/stats per level.

01/12/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Ultimatum
Why even have alts at all? Meaning, what's the reason? Why have them if you aren't going to play them?

You play them to diversify the game; however, Blizzard has given me incentive to no longer do so. I don't have all day to play so I budget my time. Every minute playing an alt is a minute not playing my high PLVL character, which means a minute of considerably less chance of finding good loot. I didn't create the system, I just live in it.

I have played all classes, one-by-one, Act I - Act IV and am currently on my 5th in the middle of Act II Hell. Yes, it sucks to start over, but there is gratification for doing everything again.

To each their own.

People have said, no one is stopping you except for you. You have said you want a good reason. I agree with them and offer you this reason.

Uhh, what reason did you offer and exactly who are you agreeing with?

I agree with this: This is still retarded. Why on earth do you think that your characters should level up if you don't play them...?

I play for the excitement of getting a good drop. I used to play all my characters when the only difference between them was the gear they had. Blizzard instituted a very long grind; which they publicly stated was a way to get MF off of gear. People in this forum keep making crap up, but this is a quote from Jay Wilson explaining Paragon levels

"We wanted to find a solution that was not only very forgiving of gear swapping, but one that would ultimately help us slowly and gently move Magic Find off of items in the future. It’s such an intrinsically important stat to the core purpose of playing the game that tying it to gear -- which is a customization system in many ways -- is ultimately an approach that would continue to cause problems. We need to transition away from it, and do so in a way that doesn’t flip the entire game end-over-end."

They did it for MF, not end game grind. End game grind may be what it has turned into but it was not the publicly stated original purpose. Now please go back to somebody else's thread and use your parrot intellect to incorporate "tinfoil hat" and "RNG is RNG" into your next well thought out post.
That would be nice to have it work across all characters. I Don't see that happening though.