322k DPS DH using Windforce

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Impressive ^_^ keep it up ,

Some challenge that you may want to try : X

====>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfIplIT5_Bs

haha,

Haha yep
The bottom line is: at higher MP, you need a significant amount of EHP (specifically the DH class) in order to maximize sustained DPS. That's why people get survivability stats on their gear; not because they're bad and need that extra cushion, but because they're able to be a better teammate during runs and solo more efficiently.

I totally disagree with you. If i get to 400k dps ill do higher mp the same way i do with 7. You're judging my build on your kind of gameplay. That is wrong if you read what other ppl and myself said, i use this build cuz it is extreme. Im a cod player, i love quick gameplay, i love to be smart and use strategies. Idc about dying once or twice in a game, if i wasnt playing with this build d3 would be boring as !@#$. I dont play this game to farm, i play it to challenge my gamer skills like in any other games. My friends know I dont die and we play ubers 7-8-9 having fun. What ppl are waiting from a dh is DPS there is other classes to tank. I found the way to be quick, powerful and stay alive idk what ure looking for. Instead of stacking EHP on a dh and farm while eating your cookies Go play a barb lol

Wow, I don't even know how to respond to this. You clearly don't know how important EHP is for dealing DPS, so we might have to leave this conversation here. If you think you'll be effectively farming/playing through MP10 with your abysmal EHP, think again. If you're surviving, you're kiting and ironically sacrificing all the DPS you've chosen to stack in place of survivability stats.

Like I said before, however, if you're main goal is to have fun/challenge yourself, by all means, go for it. Just know you're not dealing nearly the same amount of damage as someone who chose to balance their build.
01/13/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Surfinn
If you're surviving, you're kiting and ironically sacrificing all the DPS you've chosen to stack in place of survivability stats.

lol i click so fast that my kiting doesnt sacrifice my dps

And when i was building this dh long time ago i was stuck in act 2 inferno (before the mps) and ppl kept saying stack resist all and hp you will lose dps and stay alive. I didnt listen to that i worked my kiting skills, went full dps. Best decision i made in this game, my char is efficient no matter what u say til u play with me and it is a pretty unique dh that im proud of.

I understand your point about the EHP but youre just going to be another dh between others
"Surfinn"

That's exactly it. By having less paper DPS and more EHP a considerable amount more actual DPS will be produced on the target. However if that is not the OP's claim or goal then that point is moot.
01/13/2013 10:12 PMPosted by SAlphas
However if that is not the OP's claim or goal then that point is moot.

Its not my goal so it is def moot
However if that is not the OP's claim or goal then that point is moot.

Its not my goal so it is def moot

Earlier in this thread, you disagreed when I stated the fact that EHP will maximize your sustained DPS, so I really don't see how my point is moot.

If this thread is totally, 100% about you surviving while running away, well, that's something I had been doing for the first 800 hours I played this game; I find that playstyle much less impressive than someone who strategically balanced their build and gear in order to improve their effective DPS, therefore making for an overall better character.

So, My DH, which has about 7% less unbuffed paper DPS than yours but TEN TIMES the EHP (sitting at top 350 PVP in the world, Diabloprogress), makes me "another dh between others"? And how exactly is your build unique or memorable in any way? I played like that when the game was first released, for about a few hundred hours, just like every other glasscannon who didn't know how to take a hit.

Interesting. This game isn't all about not getting one shotted.
When there's a way to get more DPS and eHP, whats the point of this build? I don't care how fast 'you' click, when you kiting your character is not delivering max attack speed and much of your DPS is dependant on your attack speed with your item set. I can respect that this is much more challenging and that probably jingles your bells.
As a challenge, it looks fun, but then again I got bored of glass cannon about four patches ago..
More "ehp" and pvp debates? For realz? And waving epeens around and talking about how your char is better because of gear? Pixels is giving you your special feeling?

Op just wanted to show glass cannon is ok. We dont have to break open our piggy banks and get all the best gear like the rich boys and girls.

Quit treating this GAME like a job and trying to maximize profits or time played. If you have a job or post secondary school... This is a game to us. We play it and OTHER games and have fun. @flight is having fun and fun to play with! Playing with "top dhs" doesnt happen because we're not aloud to play together unless we fork out the cash to get the gear to even play together? And for what? Bragging rights on these troll forums? Pvp DUMMY scores? Since pvp is a huge flop now?? And ubers are the most boring cake walk! A challenge? No. Op has risen to the challenge. Ya its slower, but looks like more of challenge than buying gold. Don't be jelly. He's not claiming he's the top dh or pro or has the fastest down time.

You have a player just trying to show some fun still left in the game for himself and trying to help others.
good stuff.

reminds me of how we DH used to play pre 1.0.3 or pre 1.0.4.

most ppl are getting lazy now i guess, including myself :p

couldn't have said it better lol I want D3 to be a lazy break from SC2, not further intensify the carpal tunnel TT

...i dont think i can write a post without a typo
01/14/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Drittz
You have a player just trying to show some fun still left in the game for himself

exactly.. but there will always be idiots who have to thread jack to try to flash their pathetic epeens.
01/13/2013 10:58 PMPosted by OPnoob
When there's a way to get more DPS and eHP, whats the point of this build? I don't care how fast 'you' click, when you kiting your character is not delivering max attack speed and much of your DPS is dependant on your attack speed with your item set. I can respect that this is much more challenging and that probably jingles your bells.

hmm.... if he manage to click(fire of shots) average of 2.5 times per second he technically really isn't losing any dps. Which I think from the video, he more or less manage to keep it at least 2 clicks (attack fired) per seconds while stutter kitting. Which really isn't that much of a dps lost. And, its way way way cheaper compared to stacking ehp at the same time? for budget player that willing use a less lazy playing style to compensated lack of funds?

And like Drittz said, what wrong with you people? lol This guy thread clearly stated going glass is a VIABLE playing stlye, he NEVER SAID it was the BEST, so why spew all the ehp craps? So what u have 10 times more ehp then the OP, so what your EDPS is higher? Epeen flex much? Top pvp 350, WOW YOU ARE MY HERO !!!!!!, shall all the 350 and below bow down to your PVP DUMMIESSSSSSSSSSSS ranking and hail u as god?

hmm.... if he manage to click(fire of shots) average of 2.5 times per second he technically really isn't losing any dps. Which I think from the video, he more or less manage to keep it at least 2 clicks (attack fired) per seconds while stutter kitting. Which really isn't that much of a dps lost. And, its way way way cheaper compared to stacking ehp at the same time? for budget player that willing use a less lazy playing style to compensated lack of funds?

And like Drittz said, what wrong with you people? lol This guy thread clearly stated going glass is a VIABLE playing stlye, he NEVER SAID it was the BEST, so why spew all the ehp craps? So what u have 10 times more ehp then the OP, so what your EDPS is higher? Epeen flex much? Top pvp 350, WOW YOU ARE MY HERO !!!!!!, shall all the 350 and below bow down to your PVP DUMMIESSSSSSSSSSSS ranking and hail u as god?

I don't believe in using RMAH and never have.

Relax, no one here is claiming to be better than anyone. If anyone is flexing an epeen it's the OP, who somehow came to the conclusion that my DH is just like every other DH and won't be remembered (which I don't care about) because he's a glass cannon with high paper DPS. The only reason why I brought it up at all was to show that EHP provides a great deal of benefits. OP claims he will play MP10 efficiently once he gets "400k" DPS. If this thread was all about having fun and challenging yourself, why is the "322K DPS DH" flashed in the title? Why is he claiming that he survives more than DHs that have 1000 vit? My entire point here was that EHP provides more DPS, and the OP disagreed with that.

If we're talking about having fun and trying to not get one shotted, I have no problem with that. But that's not what it started as.

01/09/2013 07:39 PMPosted by FLIGHT
U dont know how to play a glasscanon, i never die on mp 7, watch the video buddy. i play with dhs having 1000 vit and lot of Ar and they die more than me

^A great example of epeen flexing.
Posted by FLIGHT
U dont know how to play a glasscanon, i never die on mp 7, watch the video buddy. i play with dhs having 1000 vit and lot of Ar and they die more than me

Haha, okies maybe that does come across as epeen flexing, I just tend act up when ever people mention their (high) pvp dummies ranking as a support for what they said.
Posted by FLIGHT

Haha, okies maybe that does come across as epeen flexing, I just tend act up when ever people mention their (high) pvp dummies ranking as a support for what they said.

I wasn't trying to say how great I am, just that I am also proud (like the OP is) of achieving something, and I worked legitimately to up my EHP and DPS to improve my survivability and sustained damage. PVP ranking is just one area that reflects increasing those stats. Hero score is another. I'm not trying to say "my character is better than yours", just pointing out that the OP is wrong in assuming that EHP does not provide more DPS.
01/14/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Surfinn
I'm not trying to say "my character is better than yours", just pointing out that the OP is wrong in assuming that EHP does not provide more DPS.

Haha, okies, I get that, like i mentioned, its just my personal issue with the pvp dummies thingy =/.

In regard to ehp providing dps, well it sort of depends of builts. if using OP skill set (HA / BL) theoretically speaking , assuming he manage to keep an average of ~2.5 shots fired per sec (as he said he stutter fire at his attack speed) while stutter kiting and not dying then ehp really does not provide him more dps, except for more leeway for error.

What ehp does is allowing built like tanking large pack with high burst aoe damage skill (BOLA/spike built one of our cookie cutter) and using large amount of consistence passive damage to hit within the area (jagged spike/ staying in bait the trap / sentries etc) thus resulting in higher dps output. which I guess is what most lazy dh does noadays (me included,)

So i guess, he doesn't see your point because he do not know/want to use the second built setup.
If he could not stutter shoot at his attack speed, the ehp gain that make him kite less then will improve his dps output with his current build.
I never said my build is the best, i think Quos explained it well. when i said "U dont know how to play a glasscanon, i never die on mp 7, watch the video buddy. i play with dhs having 1000 vit and lot of Ar and they die more than me" First it is true, second i answered that cuz ppl are attacking me for no reason.
01/14/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Surfinn
just pointing out that the OP is wrong in assuming that EHP does not provide more DPS.
ehh wtf i never said that lol, this thread is to show u can play, do lot of dps and not dying without stacking EHP and without manticore

I totally disagree with you. If i get to 400k dps ill do higher mp the same way i do with 7. You're judging my build on your kind of gameplay. That is wrong if you read what other ppl and myself said, i use this build cuz it is extreme. Im a cod player, i love quick gameplay, i love to be smart and use strategies. Idc about dying once or twice in a game, if i wasnt playing with this build d3 would be boring as !@#$. I dont play this game to farm, i play it to challenge my gamer skills like in any other games. My friends know I dont die and we play ubers 7-8-9 having fun. What ppl are waiting from a dh is DPS there is other classes to tank. I found the way to be quick, powerful and stay alive idk what ure looking for. Instead of stacking EHP on a dh and farm while eating your cookies Go play a barb lol

HC candidate come over to the darkside :P