Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

Barbarian
Prev 1 12 13 14 25 Next
12min barb run? well that's what i mean by do :P I would be happy with doing a fast mp2 farm run. I'm assuming that the set that you would make would be easily upgradeable so that when the new patch comes out then i would be able to get the higher mps?
01/31/2013 01:33 PMPosted by RabbidDogg
12min barb run? well that's what i mean by do :P I would be happy with doing a fast mp2 farm run. I'm assuming that the set that you would make would be easily upgradeable so that when the new patch comes out then i would be able to get the higher mps?

The new patch isnt going to let you instantly be able upgrade and farm mp5. IMO fast MP5 farm with double nado costs several hundred million. If you want to use defensive skills maybe a bit cheaper.
01/31/2013 01:33 PMPosted by RabbidDogg

This line of questioning is probably my fault a little bit. I shouldn't have directly referenced MP5...but I am pretty sure I didn't say exactly 5 million either lol.

Whatever the case is...Pho is the BOSS for budget building!
no ones fault. I just want to make sure that I will be able to up my upgrades easily and efficiently. I dont want to have to do a complete new rebuild set just to go to a higher MP
01/31/2013 02:22 PMPosted by RabbidDogg
no ones fault. I just want to make sure that I will be able to up my upgrades easily and efficiently. I dont want to have to do a complete new rebuild set just to go to a higher MP

YOu are expecting too much from a 5mil set. You will have OK EHP pieces but I doubt you'll want to keep them once you are trying to push to mid MP. You are talking about pieces worth 200-500k gold.
First of all thanks for the reading! Now iam curious about my build... I have been going for my friends advise to stack AIS everywhere! I have 78% AIS bonus now I think... Fully buffed whiteout WOTB I have 2.5 and 2.99 as but I lack of dmg...

What should I change! Say I have 20m what would you do? All res everywhere I can is next thing... But still is my problem the cd? Or is it to bad EF?
01/31/2013 02:34 PMPosted by PhatPhoEater
YOu are expecting too much from a 5mil set. You will have OK EHP pieces but I doubt you'll want to keep them once you are trying to push to mid MP. You are talking about pieces worth 200-500k gold.

so then what your saying is that I will have to get a new set. I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but was wondering if i can keep anything from either the current set or the one that you would build.

I've updated a few things on my character that i had in my stash. gave me alot more health and resist.
I would still be interested in the barb set to make farming and xp/lvling faster/easier anyway.

I've sent you a FR
First of all thanks for the reading! Now iam curious about my build... I have been going for my friends advise to stack AIS everywhere! I have 78% AIS bonus now I think... Fully buffed whiteout WOTB I have 2.5 and 2.99 as but I lack of dmg...

What should I change! Say I have 20m what would you do? All res everywhere I can is next thing... But still is my problem the cd? Or is it to bad EF?

Stacking that much IAS means you are giving up CD unless you have spent billions so that you can have trifecta gear everywhere. Witching hour is your only piece with CD. With your 140k paper dps you are only barely breaking 1mil tdps fully buffed. 2 things are causing this: low damage range MH and no CD on gear.

Go back and read my 3rd post on what makes a good MH and why I choose to hit 2.5 aps fully buffed.

If you havent learned how to use d3rawr.com/d, you should.
musta caught phat on a bad day. i wish i hadn't as i'd like a decent gear set. anyone out there willing to help?
Hi phat, I was checking your profile on d3rawr, and I see your attack speed is 2.55-2.55 fully buffed
it hit the 2.50 break point. You have the about 5%more attack speed than I do.
mine is 2.67-2.50, how do I balance it out?????

thank you sosoooooo much!

You are THE best
Hi phat, I was checking your profile on d3rawr, and I see your attack speed is 2.55-2.55 fully buffed
it hit the 2.50 break point. You have the about 5%more attack speed than I do.
mine is 2.67-2.50, how do I balance it out?????

thank you sosoooooo much!

You are THE best

Im counting 29ias on your gear. With that ef you need 33 to hit 2.5 aps. Your MH has higher base attack speed so will always swing faster than your EF.
@ MingDaddy

I show you actually being at 2.6195 / 2.4505 with your swings buffed. The way to equal out your swings is to have the same type of weapon on each hand (i.e. both maces with 1.2 base attack speed). In order to get both above the 2.5 breakpoint you will need 4 more ias on gear and (9888) with your .25 EF and switch over your axe to a mace (not really needed though)

If you get 4 more ias on your gear, you will be at 2.6815 / 2.5085 with your swings.
@ MingDaddy

I show you actually being at 2.6195 / 2.4505 with your swings buffed. The way to equal out your swings is to have the same type of weapon on each hand (i.e. both maces with 1.2 base attack speed). In order to get both above the 2.5 breakpoint you will need 4 more ias on gear and (9888) with your .25 EF and switch over your axe to a mace (not really needed though)

If you get 4 more ias on your gear, you will be at 2.6815 / 2.5085 with your swings.

i tested with the 3% aura from my follower, i am 100% sure that I get a little over 2.50 in game.
But thanks alot for the advice, i will try to get a mace instead.
also, other piece, i think i should get a different ring? or pants? or ammy? or AR lacuni? I have about 80m.

Can I add you in game? lol~~~~
02/01/2013 06:51 AMPosted by MingDaddy
i tested with the 3% aura from my follower, i am 100% sure that I get a little over 2.50 in game.

You are right that you hit the breakpoint with the follower 2.6702 / 2.5012 which 3% is calculated a little different than if the 3% was on your gear. If you had an additional 3% on gear without the follower you would have 2.666 / 2.494 aps which is under the breakpoint on your OH. I never calculate breakpoints having it dependent on a follower... but that's just me.

Where you get your ias and what breakpoints you want to hit is really up to you. There is no rule that says you have to be over 2.5 aps on both hands to be effective at WW build.

A lot of barbs go with the Ice Climbers / Inna's Pants combination (I can't stand the look of the baby blues). Lots like getting Ias from Mempo/Lacuni/Inna's/Witching Hour. Of course if you get a WH... you'll have to compensate LS onto weapons/passive.
But thanks alot for the advice, i will try to get a mace instead.
also, other piece, i think i should get a different ring? or pants? or ammy? or AR lacuni? I have about 80m.

Depends on what you want to do. If you want more survival you'll need to get some AR on those pants. That's the last place you can get AR for a reasonable price. I put them on my bracers but it was expensive.

If you want more tdps, I think the best thing to do is to save more and get a new MH with str/crit/socket and big damage range. my MH was 100m on bid. It will take some time to find a properly priced MH.
hey phat I would love some advice. Most of what my barb has on is self found (I only bought the gloves shoulders and pants). I'm pretty broke right now, so should I sell something like the litany and purchase better gear all around, or just keep upgrading slowly? I also have a max cold dmg/max elite dmg (6%/30%) soj i found that isn't on the barb right now. Do you charge for gearing or just help out over the forums? Thanks for the help
02/01/2013 09:18 AMPosted by vagabondriot
hey phat I would love some advice. Most of what my barb has on is self found (I only bought the gloves shoulders and pants). I'm pretty broke right now, so should I sell something like the litany and purchase better gear all around, or just keep upgrading slowly? I also have a max cold dmg/max elite dmg (6%/30%) soj i found that isn't on the barb right now. Do you charge for gearing or just help out over the forums? Thanks for the help

OLAWD! that litany is very nice.

How much gold do you have? It wont take very much to get you going. I dont charge anything, though i probably should, lol. Add me and i can help you shop. I'm looking at boot, shoulder, bracers, helm, ammy and weapons.
phat would u do me a favor look at my barb,could u tell me if a soj would help or would i lose to much cd cc
Hi Phatphoeater

I'm seeking your expertise in gearing. I'm currently do fairly well in MP3, but would like to upgrade to MP6+ with 300 mil. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.