Phat's budget Double Nado and gear reference

Barbarian
Prev 1 8 9 10 25 Next
@Kambo
OPKS = Overpower (killing spree)

@Phat
I did some shopping around. Got a new MH and an new ring.
tDPS = 911023 (fully buff with OPKS)
EHP dodge = 706818

Actually I am pretty happy with new setup. 2.15 before wrath. Spend about 9m total. 5m on MH and 4m on ring.
[quote]

I 100% agree with soj, just not yours. 21% BvE is too low. you need high 20s. I assume it would replace our MH ring which has a lot of EHP stacked on it. You have that to cover up the weak inna pants with a combined str/vit of ~100. This coupled with a IC with only 250 combined stats is a weak combo. IMO if you cant go big on innas/IC, its best to not do it. It would let you drop the AR from your ring and go with SOJ.

WRT your IAS you already have 5 slots and one of them is a low roll trifecta. You'd be much better off dropping the wasted IAS off ammy and adding bigger str and average damage. OH, i see why you stack so much IAS, bad aps roll on EF.

Your set is kind of broken. You can keep adding to it but your dps potential isnt much higher. If this were my set, I'd replace both weapons, get new gloves with IAS/CC and big str. From there I would have to decide if I want to stick with the sub-par inna/IC combo you have because I would need a 4th slot of IAS and to use an SOJ it might require the Innas.

Hello Phat,
I took your advise. I got a different IC with more vit, a faster EF, and a better amulet.
Both life and damage have increased. I see a few different options from here.

Option 1: MH weapon with good base damage, 160 str, 80+ CD, and open socket. (can I afford to drop LS from here? DPS is 174k unbuffed, and 329k buffed)
Option 2: Inna pants with big vit. Switch the MH ring with a SOJ ring (hopefully I can find on with high elite damage and HOTA fury reduction.)
Option 3: IK Iron, with AR, CC, CD. Since I will be using HOTA, I don't need to get AS here, correct?
Option 4: What would you do?

Thank you for your advise!
Hi Phat,

Thanks for providing such great advice to all :)

Can take a look at my barb? Would love to hear ur recommendations on how to improve it.... i know i prolly need to change my OH.... >.<
Option 1: MH weapon with good base damage, 160 str, 80+ CD, and open socket. (can I afford to drop LS from here? DPS is 174k unbuffed, and 329k buffed)
Option 2: Inna pants with big vit. Switch the MH ring with a SOJ ring (hopefully I can find on with high elite damage and HOTA fury reduction.)
Option 3: IK Iron, with AR, CC, CD. Since I will be using HOTA, I don't need to get AS here, correct?
Option 4: What would you do?

I'm not that knowledgeable about hota builds. I do use hota:rend on occasion for ubers but I think a skorn is a much better option for that build. AFAIK hota builds will make use of every % of IAS.
Hi Phat,

Thanks for providing such great advice to all :)

Can take a look at my barb? Would love to hear ur recommendations on how to improve it.... i know i prolly need to change my OH.... >.<

I agree an OH is your best bet at this point. You are at 2.0/2.0 fully buffed. This isn't good enough IMO. Dagger and another slot of 9ias will get you to 2.0/2.5. EF alone will get you 2.23 on both. .24+ aps ef and 2 slots of 8ias will get you 2.5 on both.

I also think 24MS is a requirement.

I'm not a fan of raw dps on gloves/both rings. I need to have 2 dps mods on each of those slots. Once I've hit my aps/cc goals then i go for raw dps. IAS/cc give utility AND damage. CD and avg dam give only dps. Str gives armor but otherwise just raw dps.
Hello Phat,

I found your guide to be extremely insightful and inspired me to finally complete my barb after months of rust and finding the crap IK chest you see on my barb. My gearset currently as constructed was ~85m. I am finding meaningful upgrades very difficult to find at this gear lvl. I know youre not a fan of IK5, but im not sure where to break it up without spending a ton of coin. I would appreciate any thoughts on advancing further without ripping apart my set, preferably 1 or 2 pcs that will make a noticeable difference. Thanks for the great reads and i look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Hello Phat,

I found your guide to be extremely insightful and inspired me to finally complete my barb after months of rust and finding the crap IK chest you see on my barb. My gearset currently as constructed was ~85m. I am finding meaningful upgrades very difficult to find at this gear lvl. I know youre not a fan of IK5, but im not sure where to break it up without spending a ton of coin. I would appreciate any thoughts on advancing further without ripping apart my set, preferably 1 or 2 pcs that will make a noticeable difference. Thanks for the great reads and i look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Your most meaningful tdps upgrade will be getting str/crit on your MH. Adding that to LS will be very expensive. How much did you pay for your EF? These are hard to find at a decent price nowadays.

I would consider getting more vit on your IK pieces if you really want to keep them. You have none on belt and standard roll on boots. These are 2 relatively cheap places to pick up vit. This will let you get vit off your ammy to get some average damage.

I would also consider getting an SOJ to replace your cc/cd ring. This would put your CC below 25 which isn't ideal but you have no cc on your bracers. The problem there is the massive vit. You can see where I'm going with this, right?

Getting 4 slots of IAS with IK5 is possible but if you want an SOJ, it gets challenging since you either have to get IAS on ammy or pants. Both come at a significant cost in either gold or EHP. Another option for pushing aps is getting an 8ias axe since an EF will push that into 2.5aps with only 2 slots of IAS while the EF stays in 2.23.
This is a great thread, thank you Phat.

Would you suggest replacing my helm and pants for a Mempo and Inna's respectively. I did not prioritize IAS as much as I should have during my past auction house purchases.
phat i have been looking thru ur thread.. it was meaningful.. at this point, do u think i should drop the LS on my MH and get as much dps on the MH as possible ? Some pointers needed bro =)
@Phat

Thanks for the reply, i paid 35m for the EF on bid. In your weapon choosing section i felt that you particularly noted about rising ef costs that meet OH criteria, so actively looked for said EFs on bid especially since as of late LS/os EF prices have surpassed crit/os. I know i shouldnt rely on big vit on lacunis, but they were 200k and i mainly use them for ias/MS flexibility. I feel like my set has good playability right now given initial budget constraints. After considering your advice, my planned upgrade path is to buy a near endgame MH, a much nicer IK chest, and to rework my set around 3 core pcs including the EF. Love the thread, and the reason theres so much vit in funny places is because you told me to take it if its free :). Sry all for the TL:DR.
This is a great thread, thank you Phat.

Would you suggest replacing my helm and pants for a Mempo and Inna's respectively. I did not prioritize IAS as much as I should have during my past auction house purchases.

I dont like gloves with anything less than 8ias. If you are going to continue with your current weapon setup, you need 27IAS on gear. That means 9/9/9. If you use 4 slots of IAS then you are losing out on potential CD or bigger str or average damage. If you add mempo and innas you are going to be way over your breakpoints.

Before adding any more IAS slots you need to decide what kind of weapon setup you want to take into the mid tier. either your current combo or mace/EF combo. The number of IAS slots you need will depend on the weapon combo.

I need to just make another thread titled "Dont buy innas unless you get big vit and big stat IC." I keep having to say this over and over again.
01/28/2013 08:57 AMPosted by t0astp0tat0
phat i have been looking thru ur thread.. it was meaningful.. at this point, do u think i should drop the LS on my MH and get as much dps on the MH as possible ? Some pointers needed bro =)

If you want to maintain flexibility of your passive you need to keep LS on one of your weapons. It is always cheaper to get it on the OH. If you dont mind being stuck with bloodthirst then you can drop LS from weapons completely once you are around 1mil tdps v elites.

On an unrelated note, you are almost a glass cannon. 6 slots of IAS, 420ar, 37k hp. yikes. Maybe you need LS on your OH so you can swap bloodthirst for an armor passive. 945k tdps vs elites buffed and 611k ehp + dodge buffed with wc/wrath.
Hey Phat. I understand what you said about Innas. I believe the route I want to go is with an EF offhand, with higher str and either a socket OR crit hit damage with life steal. The problem I see occurring is when I switch IK helm or Mempo's with 9 IAS, I will lose a 9% melee damage reduction, along with crit. My question is will the extra nado ticks give me the life steal I need to overcome this offset? I will also lose some crit, but as in the original post, i think the base crit is good enough.
01/28/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Tezzeret35
Hey Phat. I understand what you said about Innas. I believe the route I want to go is with an EF offhand, with higher str and either a socket OR crit hit damage with life steal. The problem I see occurring is when I switch IK helm or Mempo's with 9 IAS, I will lose a 9% melee damage reduction, along with crit. My question is will the extra nado ticks give me the life steal I need to overcome this offset? I will also lose some crit, but as in the original post, i think the base crit is good enough.

Best way to answer the question is to plug yourself into d3rawr add all buffs and see what changing the helm does. You need to make sure you are hitting the appropriate aps bp otherwise it will be a guaranteed tdps AND ehp loss. Check your sustain vs elites with both setups. It is in the drop down arrow on the right side of the page.

If you choose the EF route, you need at minimum 2 IAS slots and never get less than 8IAS. This will put both weapons to 2.23 fully buffed. I've found it's best to stay at this breakpoint until you've got yourself closer to the 1mil tdps range. Once you are ready to break through that tdps then start adding 2 more IAS slots to hit 2.5 aps.
Hi Phat,

I took your guide for a try and i start to love it. I am playing/farming more efficient now.

However, i do not know how should i progress on my gear upgrade from here. i think i am missing another 12ms. Do you think i can afford to change into inna pants? Please advise me how i should go about to improve my char.
Hi Phat,

I took your guide for a try and i start to love it. I am playing/farming more efficient now.

However, i do not know how should i progress on my gear upgrade from here. i think i am missing another 12ms. Do you think i can afford to change into inna pants? Please advise me how i should go about to improve my char.

I need to just make another thread titled "Dont buy innas unless you get big vit and big stat IC." I keep having to say this over and over again.

edit: I would think about dropping dps to get 24MS. It may still end up faster due to the MS. You could get the big vit innas now and upgrade your IC later. If your vit isnt up to snuff then you can just flip gems to vit in the interim.
Phat,

Nice work and thanks for the help! I am considering moveing my EF to my mainhand and getting a solid stack stick for the OH, are they any huge disadvantages to doing this?
Hey phat thanks for the advise. Will attempt on what u r recomending.
Just got to read this and realized I geared completely wrong.

Any advice on which pieces I should drop and try to replace?

I figure the weapons need to be changed, get a better MH mace, and try to find the cheapest OH I can. If I get a dagger, I would need more IAS - was thinking of getting Andariels visage cause I don't want to lose the crit - and could not afford a mempo.

Selling my current weapons is the only way I can get more gear though - anyone have an opinion on what they are worth? Fairly sure I overpaid when I bought them - and now I realize they aren't optimal for my build so I just got suckered I guess. Unless they work for hota or something?
Phat,

Nice work and thanks for the help! I am considering moveing my EF to my mainhand and getting a solid stack stick for the OH, are they any huge disadvantages to doing this?

#1 Your damage range on the EF is low. #2 The fear proc will drive baddies out of your nados. #3 Your EF has no second mod, LS/CD.