Game suddenly stuttering; Problematic for HC

Mac Technical Support
Started tonight, I've linked a short example vid of it at its best, so please imagine it at its worse. I play HC so this is very problematic. I currently have the vid settings on lowest possible except for resolution. Here's the short vid, showing the chopiness at it's best:
Always fun when literally every surrounding thread gets a blue response.
having this problem too...almost for 2 weeks now...unable to play after chopiness...
please blizzard answer...
Yep. Something changed about a week ago, the game is sometimes unplayable due to choppiness now.
i just often lag on red latency...but having green latency and all low graphics settings...

the lag is somewhat similar to when I have all my graphics settings to maximum...

i hope they fix this...
i learned that the lag occurs when
1. you discover an unexplored area on the map (explored areas didn't give me the lag)
2. the game spawns (even a single) enemy nearby
3. you do an attack, regardless of the enemy around
4. playing public games

i have 1mbps connection and always on green latency
and also set the graphics and screen res to minimum

early 2011 15" mbp
osx lion 10.7.5
2.2ghz i7
4gb ram
amd radeon hd 6750m 1gb
Anyone wanna run a ping to ?

same problem here!!! help...
I've been having similar issues but it's been ongoing since patch 1.0.5 where the video would freeze for up to 30 seconds at a time. Ended up only playing that patch for around an hour. I resumed playing 6 weeks later just before 1.0.6a (the current patch) went live.

I noticed the situation was much better with 1.0.6; occasional video freeze and stutter. Very rarely, the stutter would look like a slideshow. I managed to capture that on video back in early December. It's around the last 45 seconds of this clip (the earlier parts are from the same run where the game play was mostly smooth).

Notice that in my case, it doesn't seem to be a network latency issue; it seems to be something specific to the Mac client since patch 1.0.5 (prior to that, the only issue was the initial texture loading lag - in 1.0.3 and earlier, I didn't have any of these issues).

I'm running on a Mac Pro (3.33GHz 6-core, 24GB RAM, Radeon HD 5770 with the graphics on the highest settings (no issues if you look through all the previous D3 videos I have).

01/15/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Bluspacecow
Anyone wanna run a ping to ?

Looks good...

PING ( 56 data bytes
64 bytes from icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=56.264 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=56.622 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=56.624 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=3 ttl=54 time=56.504 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=4 ttl=54 time=56.890 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=5 ttl=54 time=56.777 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=6 ttl=54 time=56.691 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=7 ttl=54 time=57.054 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=8 ttl=54 time=56.962 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=9 ttl=54 time=56.759 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=10 ttl=54 time=57.227 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=11 ttl=54 time=57.125 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=12 ttl=54 time=56.935 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=13 ttl=54 time=57.547 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=14 ttl=54 time=57.261 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=15 ttl=54 time=57.193 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=16 ttl=54 time=57.520 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=17 ttl=54 time=57.356 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=18 ttl=54 time=57.760 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=19 ttl=54 time=57.710 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=20 ttl=54 time=55.505 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=21 ttl=54 time=55.894 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=22 ttl=54 time=56.260 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=23 ttl=54 time=57.115 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=24 ttl=54 time=57.111 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=25 ttl=54 time=55.966 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=26 ttl=54 time=57.883 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=27 ttl=54 time=56.244 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=28 ttl=54 time=56.093 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=29 ttl=54 time=58.013 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=30 ttl=54 time=56.382 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=31 ttl=54 time=56.288 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=32 ttl=54 time=56.662 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=33 ttl=54 time=56.688 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=34 ttl=54 time=56.927 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=35 ttl=54 time=56.800 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=36 ttl=54 time=63.135 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=37 ttl=54 time=57.126 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=38 ttl=54 time=56.810 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=39 ttl=54 time=56.801 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=40 ttl=54 time=57.223 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=41 ttl=54 time=57.054 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=42 ttl=54 time=57.352 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=43 ttl=54 time=56.918 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=44 ttl=54 time=57.302 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=45 ttl=54 time=57.216 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=46 ttl=54 time=57.644 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=47 ttl=54 time=57.570 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=48 ttl=54 time=62.548 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=49 ttl=54 time=57.995 ms
64 bytes from icmp_seq=50 ttl=54 time=55.806 ms

Finally, I notice a significant improvement on the 1.0.7 PTR client. I've encountered no initial texture load lag, and I haven't been running into the slight stutter/jitter when moving around the map.

So it would be great if a support rep can send this info to one of the Mac software engineers so they can check if any changes were made to that part of the code for the PTR client, then compare it to 1.0.4 through 1.0.6.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum