To Cain's or not to Cain's...

Wizard
Just curious what people's experiences with Cain's set for a wizard were - whether they found it increased their XP/hr, what sort of stats you felt you needed, etc. I'm most interested in hearing from people who have actually calculated their XP/hr with and without the Cain's set.

As for me - I experimented with it a bit back, and it didn't seem to be worth it at the time. I would average ~55 million XP/hr without, and a little less than ~50 MXP/hr with it. The dps + survivability hit were just too big to overcome. My gear has since improved since then... but I've also given away my Cain's set to a friend who just started playing.

Would also be curious to hear from anybody who's run any tests on the PTR - it's possible that running at > MP0 may now be the most efficient for XP, and Cain's set may make that harder...
Why bother with Cain's, did you see the XP buffs they're granting for higher MP levels?
Also - on the subject of "Cain(e)" - did you know that if you say "my !@#$%^-" out loud, you're impersonating Michael Caine saying his own name?

That is all...

EDIT
Aww... it seems the blizzard sensors don't like the word "*!@#$%^". Well, insert in there the drug made from coca leaves...
01/17/2013 07:16 AMPosted by Junger
Why bother with Cain's, did you see the XP buffs they're granting for higher MP levels?

Hmm, I think I was editing my post to add the question about PTR and higher MP at the same time you were responding... =P
I only used Cain's when leveling up to 60. After that a HF ring/Ruby in helm is enough.
01/17/2013 07:23 AMPosted by Wiseoracle
I only used Cain's when leveling up to 60. After that a HF ring/Ruby in helm is enough.

Get back to me when u hit paragon 85.
I bought a 3 piece cain set to try out and I quickly retired it. For me, it sucked bad. Not only do you take a large dps hit, your ehp goes down the toilet. If you can afford to lose tons of armor, AR, vit and dps then try it out.
Not worth it for wizards now. Not worth it for anyone after 1.0.7.