INVESTING - 1.0.7

Items and Crafting
Hey all, I couldnt find a thread on this so I figure I would make one and see where it goes. I was Just curious what others are investing in for 1.0.7. What prices on what items do you think are gonna sky rocket in price? What items are already sky rocketing in price? What pvp gear do you feel is gonna get extremely expensive? Are you guys investing in gems, crafting, legendaries, ect? Im broke and just trying to find a good investment is all before its too late. If you dont want to share this knowledge with everyone you can message me in game at unboundsoul#1408. Thank you to those who share their knowledge. Its much appreciated thats for sure.
gems , tomes of secrets and brimstone, they will be hot like pancakes.
i think gems will go up, but brimstones will go down. That amulet really isn't that appealing.
When do you think will be the best time to sell those items? i have 20k tombs. dont remember how much i bought them for but ive had them for a while
01/17/2013 08:56 AMPosted by UnboundSoul
Im broke and just trying to find a good investment is all before its too late.

In some cases its already too late.

Most investors would have started as soon as the blues gave notice of crafting incentives and dueling.
01/17/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Death
Im broke and just trying to find a good investment is all before its too late.

In some cases its already too late.

Most investors would have started as soon as the blues gave notice of crafting incentives and dueling.

Yeah its mainly too late. I spent about 10mil on brims and as soon as the patch preview came out brims jumped up to 50k sold mine and made 25mill off of them(sold for 35) brims are going down in price now and are useless to invest in. You can try gems but I dont think anything is going to happen to them. At most the high end gems may go up a few mil but most of the investment opportunity is now gone.
01/17/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Poosie
i think gems will go up, but brimstones will go down. That amulet really isn't that appealing.

Brimstone a go down? Are you crazy. The only reason they are use at all now is to make seer's gloves. All of these new recipes will need one, and they all can roll the highest stats of any item.

I was expecting each combine to take 2-5 brims, but even at 1, brims will shoot up to at least 100k, and more likely 200-300k.
Buy on Rumor, Sell on News. In Diablo its buy when the blue first release preview, sell when the patch notes comes out. So you probably won't make that much profit any more. However, provided that they actually do something to fix pvp, you will do well to own some blue gems, which is still the cheapest of all 4 gems.
01/17/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Rudolpho

Brimstone a go down? Are you crazy. The only reason they are use at all now is to make seer's gloves. All of these new recipes will need one, and they all can roll the highest stats of any item.

I was expecting each combine to take 2-5 brims, but even at 1, brims will shoot up to at least 100k, and more likely 200-300k.

I would agree with this man's statements. I feel that once the patch comes out, and people start crafting, the brimstone supply will dwindle and prices will skyrocket.

I know we've got a lot of brimstones circulating right now, but I think we're going to see big changes in the crafting world.

I'm glad I have 2k brimstones in my stash, just waiting for the right time :)
01/17/2013 09:15 AMPosted by bigmonto
Buy on Rumor, Sell on News. In Diablo its buy when the blue first release preview, sell when the patch notes comes out. So you probably won't make that much profit any more. However, provided that they actually do something to fix pvp, you will do well to own some blue gems, which is still the cheapest of all 4 gems.

what blue gems?
haha thats what i was gonna ask.

LOL 100k? you've noticed ever since the PTR went live brimstones have been slowly dropping in price. If people tried crafting the new amulets on the PTR and realized they lived up to expectations brimstones would've gone up slowly on the live server, not down.
Definitely gems. Between recipes using perfect squares and marquise gems sinking a ton of them permanently, prices can only go up. That is, unless they buff the hell out of gem drops - which would defeat the purpose of the new sinks. Probably won't happen.

The recipe requiring one brimstone isn't likely enough to burn through several months worth of surplus, so I doubt we'll see a substantial price bump there. Still, they're probably something worth stockpiling for the long term, for when they do introduce something that gives them a bit more utility.
Definitely gems. Between recipes using perfect squares and marquise gems sinking a ton of them permanently, prices can only go up. That is, unless they buff the hell out of gem drops - which would defeat the purpose of the new sinks. Probably won't happen.

The recipe requiring one brimstone isn't likely enough to burn through several months worth of surplus, so I doubt we'll see a substantial price bump there. Still, they're probably something worth stockpiling for the long term, for when they do introduce something that gives them a bit more utility.

i find 3 gems way more often than i find a legendary.

i find 3 gems way more often than i find a legendary.

Well, yeah. But each marquise gem crafted takes 2187 flawless squares out of the supply pool, not 3. Each amulet takes 1 brimstone. The marquise gems won't be crafted as frequently as the amulets, but I can also assure you it's MUCH faster to farm a single brimstone than it is to farm 2187 flawless squares.

If 1000 people craft a marquise gem in the first few days (probably a low number), that takes 2,187,000 flawless square gems out of the AH supply. That's a significant enough number to bump prices.

Dont know what PTR you are on but the one im on the only new recipes i see that require a brim are the amulets.
amulets will stay as they are for a long period of time, i think it will slowly raise over time if the legendary drop rates stay the same, since i think it eats the brimstones slowly (what are 300 brimstones? nothing, but it takes really long to farm 300 legs, considering not every one will be a brimstone)
This is still in beta testing. The requirement of just 1 brimstone doesn't follow the crafting chart. Every ilvl 60+ legendary required 2 so I think they will make it 2. People love their ammys because of the trifecta effect. No item can roll 9IAS, 100CD and 10CC except 1...

Regardless of the whether it's 1 or 2, the fact is the drop rate of legendary isn't like DE and not based on MP levels. I'm sure everyone will craft at least 5 ammys once they have the materials. 5 times (x) of D3 players is a huge sink.

The requirement of the new gem is very high and only 10% of the population will have it while 98% of the population will craft an ammy.
PVP gear for barbs... Regular good barb items with high dex (dodge) or life regen or ias or both.... 300th spears.. Erm.. Storm shields... High ehp items.. Move speed items...

Beyond that I stocked on amyhtests (58m on PTR for top (idiots)), times, and pages if jewelcrafting (perfect gems)