Wizz weapon question

Wizard
so i recently found my first "ok"legendary, a int skorn with no lifesteal. what i want to know is can a archon spec use a skorn? if im using blood weapon (ive done a run on mp1 and on mp2 and it tears trough packs and whites alike and with lifesteal enchant on the weapon i can survive reflect damage.

is there any reson a 2H should not be used in a archon spec? if so is there a spec i can use it in?
Can Archon use the skorn as a weapon? Yes, they can....is it the best option? No, it isn't.

Skorns are slow, and to make up for the lost IAS you need to almost have 9% along with higher Crit Chance on every single piece of armor which will get pricey.

My suggestion is use the skorn for right now but be on the look out for cheap weapons with over 1.4 IAS (Swords/Wands/Daggers) with maybe life on kill or LS(Expensive though) with perhaps instead of a socket....base Crit damage.

Pair that with a decent Triumvirate

Anything with over 200 average damage will help.
I've got a decent LS skorn on my WD and I can't seem to make it work in any build @ mp5 with my wiz. I was hoping to double dip on the gear, and that's worked to some extent, but for someone who really doesn't care about breakpoints or spending a billion to get 9% IAS pieces everywhere it's kinda depressing.
i really would not recommend archon w/o any LS weapon, you'd get obliterated by reflect past mp1
ok so from what i gather skorns are meh for wiz all in all even worse with no LS.

but could it have its uses in pvp when u want to hit hard as !@#$ in 1 hit (thinking storm armor, bliz and hydra witch unless im mistaken needs little to no attack speed.)

reason im asking is because this skorn has 60+k dps more than my wand+OH andi dont think i can sell it for over 1m on the ah lol
I'm a CM wizard, and decided to see what Archon low mp farming is like..

I've been playing Mp1 with 120k buffed damage using a non LS skorn, works fine, hit potion once for RD packs and they are dead.. Even sing a cheap lacunis and a bad hellfire ring and a bad socket helm, and a blackthorn belt I bough cheap just for the pick radius..

U just got pay attention to every pack if ur HP is going down once u start hitting, and have a potion ready.. at wrost stop a second pick any health globe around and start hitting again..
01/24/2013 05:43 AMPosted by deatheran
can a archon spec use a skorn?

Sure can. That's what I do. However, I would suggest it having life steal. Maybe if you have enough life on hit everywhere else you can get away with not having LS.
01/24/2013 08:56 AMPosted by KhalARon
can a archon spec use a skorn?

Sure can. That's what I do. However, I would suggest it having life steal. Maybe if you have enough life on hit everywhere else you can get away with not having LS.

Loh is terrible for Archon, even more so if you're using a Skorn because you get less LoH procs per second with slow attack speeds. And before anyone asks, yes, Archon beam LoH proc rate scales with attack speed.

There's very little point to using a non-LS skorn to dps with if you have any kind of budget to get a black wand+triumvirate. Yes you can run without LS, but it adds a couple layers of annoyance and difficulty that can be made mostly trivial by simply using a LS MH. With a LS weapon you can fact tank 3 elites at the same time with only mild mitigation. You don't have to dance around RD mobs nearly as much either, you can mostly just burn em til dead.

That Skorn is at least 1300 dps or so but you should still get more dps from a 950-1000 DPS black wand with OS and a 200 average damage triumvirate. Just compare the different gear sets in a spreadsheet or using an online dps calculator.

Finally, LS Skorn makes it even easier to face tank elites and RD mobs, but the extra LS usually isn't needed considering how much more dps you can get from a 1h+OH.