S&B QA Part 3

Barbarian
Prev 1 21 22 23 25 Next
Well I just did some numbers on my Barb in d3rawr with rubies v emeralds.

100% emerald = 118,356 dps
110% emerald = 120,338 dps
130 ruby = 120,538 dps
160 ruby = 125,592 dps

So it's a balance between critical and non critical damage.

My barb has 50% crit chance, plus 3% from rage and another 8% rend on the IK belt. So my barb has a better chance of critical hits than no critical hit, so i'd be better off sticking with the emerald rather than change to a ruby.

This sound right?
@Asmodeous, yes I am thinking the same thing. I'm running HoTA and almost all hit on elites are crit, so for sure emerald is the way to go. But for pvp, I'm sure ruby is the king.
I think crafting ruined this game for good.

Rant over, goodnite guys!
I think crafting ruined this game for good.

Rant over, goodnite guys!

I think while people initially like crafting chest, shoulder, ammy, etc. it will hurt the overall economy, since they are boa and can roll bis. I think this will throttle trade in the AH, except for the items that are not newly craftable - weapons, rings, etc.

To me, two things make D3 worth playing - the level grind and the gear grind. PvP will help when they introduce full-blown structured PvP games. However, it seems to me like they offered a shortcut to getting high quality gear (the cost to make this potentially bis gear seems extremely cheap). Yes, people like getting newer and better gear, but now they can get theoretically bis gear in 5 slots overnight, making the adrenaline rush of getting better gear happen much more quickly and be much greater in magnitude than what has been typical. And when you get that quick, high rush, you want it more often. But it won't be available because you now have less opportunity to achieve that rush.

And I also liked playing the AH. I don't think it is a bad thing to teach gamers the fundamental lesson of economics - buy low, sell high. And I'm sure Blizz likes the AH (the RMAH anyway), since it put money in their pocket. So I don't see how this new crafting is healthy for game long term, for the in-game economy and for Blizz's pocketbook.

My thoughts anyway.
BALLER/Crypter - As discussed with Crypter the other night I was thinking of doing an MP10 Uber run with you guys and we need 1 more S&B barb to join us but there is 1 simple requirement. He should be able to record the game :P

The purpose of this is so far we have not seen any video of any shield barbs doing MP10 Uber runs and i would like to prove to the barb community that it's feasible for shield barbs to perform this.

We may not beat the times of skorn or ww barbs but that is expected, as long as we can kill the mp10 ubers in a reasonable time then that should be fine and this is purely just for fun.

what are your thoughts? i can sponsor the machines :D

Nike
I would love to join, but I can't record. Maybe I can join you guys in a practice run. :)
02/14/2013 06:40 PMPosted by Celanian
I would love to join, but I can't record. Maybe I can join you guys in a practice run. :)

Thanks for volunteering Cel, i think yes we could possible do a dry-run for the 4 of us and if we see that the kill time is worthy of recording then we record it! and probably just take a screenshot or the meantime.

i'm available this weekend maybe we can schedule it?

@Crypt/BALLER - you fine this weekend?

Nike
I need some advice on gear, I am completely lost. I have around 30million to spend. I feel like for my paragon level my stats should be way better and that I have squandered a lot of gold.

#1 priority is to keep my magic find maxed
#2 looking for the best way to shuffle gear around so I can do act3 runs quicker

Right now I go through act3 on runs mp3, because I have the easiest time keeping up wrath on that mp level. I usually "mow" over monsters 3 times to kill them all, and end up picking up all the gold, which is fine by me.

I think my worst gear is my amulet and ring, but I feel like if I break up the set bonus I will probably lose a lot of MF and not gain so much, but I'm probably wrong. My run speed is also on my ring so I would have to get a lacuni, or a tyrael's might or something to make up for it. Once I start going down that road, I feel like there's no great bracer or BP upgrade for me that's going to be worthwhile.

I thought about getting a Sun Keeper for my offhand. With lifesteel, socket and 200 STR I could offhand it and it would be very easy to keep my MF maxed. That would cost around 15mil and I would lose a ton of str and vit from my current offhand just to be able to get more freedom to replace MF on other gear.

My hellfire ring is quite bad but I think that even a bad hellfire ring is better than any other ring due to the exp bonus.
02/14/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984

Thanks for volunteering Cel, i think yes we could possible do a dry-run for the 4 of us and if we see that the kill time is worthy of recording then we record it! and probably just take a screenshot or the meantime.

Nike

Yes sir, I am in!
cool man! will buzz you guys when ready
02/14/2013 06:42 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984

Nike

yep....let's set a time.... during the day EST works best for me...probably Saturday
Im good for saturday. I am on Pacific Standard Time..... I can get up a little early if I have to though.

Say 11'ish or 12'sih my time on sat?
Having a different time zone is such a pain when playing with friends.
I probably won't be able to play until about 7PM eastern time on Saturday. If you need to accomodate Baller, feel free to replace me.
If you guys want a real challenge, you should bring a worthless noob along. I know just the man for the job!

Man I need a hellfire ring, lol.

My actual reason for posting is to see what you guys think I ought to replace next. Not that I wouldn't love to get some hellfire pieces, lol. I'm also pondering a build change-up soon.

For gear I think a new weapon would be huge but I need like 10m + it feels like if I want a decent one. Beyond that, ring or ammy maybe?

And for build, I am a bit stumped. I'd like to get HOTA in and switch BR to Into the Fray to power it (56% crit with BR up and an axe/weapon master). But I don't know what to drop at this point in time. I am finding all my skills exceedingly useful, particularly rend for the lifesteal
Im good for saturday. I am on Pacific Standard Time..... I can get up a little early if I have to though.

i think that would be my 3a.m man, hahaha, im not sure what time when we normally catchup on my Sunday afternoon around 1-2pm, my timezone here in Perth is same as singapore, SGT.
If you guys want a real challenge, you should bring a worthless noob along. I know just the man for the job!

Man I need a hellfire ring, lol.

My actual reason for posting is to see what you guys think I ought to replace next. Not that I wouldn't love to get some hellfire pieces, lol. I'm also pondering a build change-up soon.

For gear I think a new weapon would be huge but I need like 10m + it feels like if I want a decent one. Beyond that, ring or ammy maybe?

And for build, I am a bit stumped. I'd like to get HOTA in and switch BR to Into the Fray to power it (56% crit with BR up and an axe/weapon master). But I don't know what to drop at this point in time. I am finding all my skills exceedingly useful, particularly rend for the lifesteal

I would drop leap and throw in HOTA. See how it goes, or you could always drop sprint and keep leap in if you want. I really like sprint in for farming though,, keeps the pace up.

For gear...

Craft the hell of some amulets and bracers.

Yes you will be needed a new weapon as well... so keep on crafting and save up big coin for a new weapon. Dont need to go crazy on the crafting, just do a couple here and there if your funds are low while saving for a nice wep. But I think a killer ammy with high strength/cc/cd/extras will be an awsome addition to your barb. Then some bracers with 200+ strength / 100 + vit / 70 AR and 5 CC will be another great addition.

i think that would be my 3a.m man, hahaha, im not sure what time when we normally catchup on my Sunday afternoon around 1-2pm, my timezone here in Perth is same as singapore, SGT.

Ok think I have it figured out.

9 AM on Saturday for me
Noon on Saturday for Crypter
1 AM on SUnday for Nike

Could something like this work out?

Ok think I have it figured out.

9 AM on Saturday for me
Noon on Saturday for Crypter
1 AM on SUnday for Nike

Could something like this work out?

Yea, this should work for me
BALLER, you and DeathAdvocat match up pretty well in pvp.
its sad that the server went down.