Appear Offline

General Discussion
This was promised for several patches ago. Can we get an update on when this feature will be implemented? Or is this a PvP in D3 timeframe we're looking at here?
I don't recall them promising offline mode...Source? :)
Where do people get this "promise" thing? CMs never promise anything, nor should they. They do say they will "look into it" or "pass it along" or some sort of non-committal, evasive acknowledgement that they have heard you, but nothing is ever promised.

The only time anything is set in stone is when it's included in the final (not PTR) patch notes.
This is something that really needs to be put in place. Going AFK or Busy doesn't work because your friends can still see that you're in an act and if you get an achievement then the cat's really out of the bag.

Sometimes I just want to play solo, but 9 times out of 10 I'll have a friend or multiple friends ask me to join them. It's hard to say no, and I don't even really like saying no to begin with, but I would like an option to avoid this situation from occurring at all.
It's probably not available for a couple of reasons, one of which being that it promotes people to be more social and play together. I think it's a bad way of doing it, and being limited to 4 people in a group hurts things severely.

If you could have all acts available at all times and if drops / xp and monster health were only affected by multiple players if those players were all in the same range, it wouldn't be so bad. Sometimes I'd like to be able to be in a party and bs with my friends but I don't want to be forced to be playing with them since we have different objectives at that moment.

Perhaps have a "friends" channel or something similar where a group can talk without being forced to play together.
I'm still waiting for this feature too. I'm sad to see this isn't mentioned anywhere in 1.0.7 PTR patch notes.
The “Appear Offline” status option will be added to World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III separately in future updates for each game. For Diablo III, we expect to add the feature in a patch after 1.0.5. For World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, we expect to add the option sometime after the release of each game’s upcoming expansion.

Patch 1.06....posted 4 months notes on PTR for upcoming patch

I suppose I shouldn't complain. It seems we can expect these things from Blizzard when it comes to D3. Many broken promises, hopes, and dreams.
Can we at least get some kind of blue response with a progress update or a pushed back date for the Bnet appear offline feature?

This is just poor customer service and PR.