Marquise rubies are stronger than I thought.

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
What about topazs getting the freaking shaft, they need to buff it to like a million thors per hit.
@HammerHard

I fully understand the origination of QQ ... however what it was used for originally isn't the way it is used today. I believe from my reference to it I used it in the current way it is used.

In the US... in 1950 if you were Happy you were "Gay". The two words meant the same thing for the most part. Today if you say I'm Happy ... that does not mean the same as saying I'm Gay.

Makes no difference how the word/phrase/acronym started out and its original meaning but instead what the intention of the word/phrase/acronym is today. I'm sure you would agree.
01/25/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Ultatron
What about topazs getting the freaking shaft, they need to buff it to like a million thors per hit.

if they buffed topaz .. .what would you want it buffed to?

The only difference in the RUBY from the normal increase in stats is if it is used in a weapon. if used in a hat or chest/pants/gloves/jewelry it still will only add a very small amount of STR to it.

not all aspects of the Ruby have been buffed so much just only if it goes into a weapon socket.
Problem of Barbarian class is that we need be Superstar. Fast uber kills etc.

We i got only one team buff War Cry. We dont have Mark of death. If your not Superstar... theyrs no point be barbarian.

You get my point?
Better start saving your pennies.
@HammerHard

No I don't think any class has to be superstar. I think when doing ubers all should "pull their weight" as we would say. Meaning everyone contributes for the best of the team. Wizards can perma-freeze. DH can use MFD ... Monks have Group skills and I'm not sure about witch doctors as not many on my friends list anymore who are playing WD class.

DH has other buffs (sort of) for the team. We can use SENTRY which if you are in the sentry area you can take less damage or get some life% healing etc. However you have to be in close proximity to the sentry for this.

I'm not sure what your concern is about fast uber kills with regards to this topic of Marquis Gems. You certainly have the option and ability to replace a 2h weapon with 2 1h weapons (one of them being a EchoingFury) if you want. But seeing your gear you have no ASI on your gear and to gain benefit from the ruby changes you would want to have high ASI on your gear. So switching from your current build to 2 1h weapons and to get the most benefit of the new gem you would need a lot of gear changes since the only extra attack speed I see is on your Lacuni Bracers.

I guess then since currently Barbs are "superstars" there is no reason for anyone to play any other class than barb? this does not make sense to me.
No im saying that im quiting as Barbarian. No more point be barbarian.

Monk dont look good anymore coz i cant use Life Steal skorn coz of bad DPS.
I dont want be perma freeze Wizard coz they cant do anything else.
Demon hunters are one option.

So switching from your current build to 2 1h weapons and to get the most benefit of the new gem you would need a lot of gear changes since the only extra attack speed I see is on your Lacuni Bracers.

Actually your misleading in this one. IAS kind boost on Lacuni actually doesn't matter.

DPS calculate happens this way.

((all kinda avg damage... weapons, rings, amulet) x main stat x attack speed) x (critical hit change x critical hit damage)

even though im drunk atm... i dont make mistakes in math
((avg) x MS x AS) x (CHC x CHD)
i cant wait for this ruby. 2.1k dps bow is nothing to laugh at.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....thats all i can say is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Glad I came to the conclusion some months ago when PvP was finally released that calamity would be better then manti. =) Traded my high end calamity for one of the top calamitys I know of.
That new gem is AVG cake monster.

Cake monster steal too big part from your AVG cake.

In my case Cake Monster eats small part of my AVG cake and QQ.
put two marquise ruby gems in a high dps double socket manticore!
So... In terms of DPS, is it better a Manticore or a Calamity? I need to change my weapon and I wan't to know which one is better:

- A 1200 DPS, or more Manticore with 2 sockets (and dexterity obviously)
- A 1200 DPS, or more Calamity with socket.
So... In terms of DPS, is it better a Manticore or a Calamity? I need to change my weapon and I wan't to know which one is better:

- A 1200 DPS, or more Manticore with 2 sockets (and dexterity obviously)
- A 1200 DPS, or more Calamity with socket.

The marqui rubys benefit black weapons and faster weapons much more than elemental/slow. My old Calamity got a huge dps buff. Manticores get a slight dps buff if they go Ruby/Emerald. Correct me if I'm wrong.
the manticore does not take as full of advantage of the marquis ruby since a lot of the dmg of a manti is from the poison damage. Since the calamity is a black damage weapon (physical) it will typically benefit a lot more since all of the dps is based off of the physical and not like a manticore which is about 1/3 or so elemental.

the benefit is not just simply due to the weapon dps. Sure the weapon dps will increase substantially (ie a 1200 dps calamity will be running with a marquis in it's socket will turn into ~1800 dps weapon). but it is what do you do with all that big damage. The benefit is more in the IAS/ASI of how fast you shoot. this is where higher ASI can greatly benefit the constant damage output.
01/25/2013 04:27 PMPosted by BubbaGump
The benefit is more in the IAS/ASI of how fast you shoot.

If you're 1-shotting everything, what does it matter how fast you shoot? IAS is just inflating your sheet dps no?
the manticore does not take as full of advantage of the marquis ruby since a lot of the dmg of a manti is from the poison damage. Since the calamity is a black damage weapon (physical) it will typically benefit a lot more since all of the dps is based off of the physical and not like a manticore which is about 1/3 or so elemental.

Blizzard's calculations for gems have nothing to do with the elemental portion of the weapon. The reason why Calamity benefits mostly due to it's higher attack speed. Manticore also get's penalized on the first gem since the first gem replaces the 85 max rather then adding to it. However, the 2nd red gem in a manticore gives the full benefit of the MinMax damage bug.

This is why high weapon% Manticores are better with 2 red gems rather then 1 red/1green.
01/25/2013 06:20 PMPosted by Sephiroth
The benefit is more in the IAS/ASI of how fast you shoot.

If you're 1-shotting everything, what does it matter how fast you shoot? IAS is just inflating your sheet dps no?

Of course it matters how fast you shoot, it means things die quicker and you are on the move faster. If i can oneshot with a Calamity and a Manticore, i'll always pick a calamity because it kills faster.