Understanding why Jay Wilson is frowned upon.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
01/19/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Asteroth
For the record, Diablo taking the form of a female is workable. He is bound to the human form that he is summoned to. It wouldn't make much sense for him to come out as male when he was in a female.

Why did they ever decide to give the dark wanderer a 'daughter'?
How the HELL did he EVER conceive her while possesed by diablo (not to mention with a hole in his forehead)
They could have chosen a different story line that made more sense than a daughter for diablo to posses through a 'black' soulstone

mind you this soulstone was never mentioned in any lore. Why did the prime evils just not use this one soulstone in the first place instead of using the original 3?

it just makes no sense..

Why did the story writers go that route? I haven't a clue. I'm not Metzen so I couldn't begin to speculate. I can only comment on what has unfolded. I imagine with the next expansion, we may get more of an explanation. I can't remember if it's ever explained why Adria was influenced by the power of Diablo to begin with. It may have been for plot convience. I do agree that there are a lot of plot holes...big gaping plot holes.
01/19/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Shrewify
I can't name one NPC from diablo 3 that even sticks out in my mind.

Rakanoth aka "dodge or die", which is precisely the reason for which I will never, ever play hardcore mode on D3 :D
Brevik's d2 LoD rofl stomped JW right out of Diablo. PPl don't like JW because d3 has very few functions that made LoD legendary.
-
I don't like JW because my friends quit this game 3 months after launch, end of story.

my friends list is also barren
While it does not justify any design decisions some of his statements are factually correct. Especially the D2 players not remembering actual D2 play before blizz gave up on bots and rune duping gear was extremely hard for the vast majority of players to come by. This once again does not justify foolish or very niave desicions made by the design team. But not liking things does not make them false.
Why did they ever decide to give the dark wanderer a 'daughter'?
How the HELL did he EVER conceive her while possesed by diablo (not to mention with a hole in his forehead)
They could have chosen a different story line that made more sense than a daughter for diablo to posses through a 'black' soulstone

mind you this soulstone was never mentioned in any lore. Why did the prime evils just not use this one soulstone in the first place instead of using the original 3?

it just makes no sense..

Yea kinda odd that they went with the Leah route when Aiden could have NOT been the Dark Wanderer and the Dark Wanderer was actually the no name Warrior from D1.

Also the fact that Izual was resurrected when we dealt with him in Diablo 2... makes no sense what so ever.

Anyways I actually made a thread awhile back about changing the story and setting up either Aiden or the Emperor to be the new host for the Prime Evil in which Adria (if it makes sense for her to be evil, or have some other minion and make people think Adria is evil when she isn't) attunes the Black Soulstone to allow Diablo dominance as the Prime Evil.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415793245

Yea... the story and dialogue in this game is atrocious. When it comes to Jay Wilson? It takes more then one person to rock the boat or keep it afloat.
01/19/2013 03:47 PMPosted by DeMasked
Yea kinda odd that they went with the Leah route when Aiden could have NOT been the Dark Wanderer and the Dark Wanderer was actually the no name Warrior from D1.

... Aiden IS the no name warrior from D1. eventually they realised that his having no history got in the way of the story telling, so they gave him a backstory.
This is a great post. So true.
My only problem is the dying online player base.

Without enough people playing the game, Auction is too saturated.
My only problem is the dying online player base.

Without enough people playing the game, Auction is too saturated.

Yah sad part of this game is we relying on many people to play it to have any decent item selection in game...
largely agree with OP but i think you're off the mark dissing ZK

as for maghda -- and so many other things about D3 -- since we are in the post-WoW era, it's obvious they did stuff like this to try and make the game more approachable to/by females.

idr have a problem w/ it/her.

in fact, since you mention the two of them together, i have to point out, that I can recall during boss battles w/ these two, "normal" ZK and uber magdha, are two RARE times when i have literally laughed out loud in a "this game is entertaining me" sort of way*, because they just do whatever they do, cast a skill or whatever, and then give these warped laughs, instead of talking more trash like stupid azmodan or diablo.

(*not to be confused with a "this game is such trash" sort of way, which happens far more often)

furthermore, out of all the "themes" that have "been done" as far as master/apprentice bad guys, i thought the maghda cultists with their little merlin/sorcerer's apprentice hats and ridiculous voiceovers were supposed to be kind of intentionally kitschy/bumblers. not going to say this is the best possible treatment, but for act 1/2 villains, it's certainly viable, and again, it was something that made me think "for all the wizard's apprentice dudes I have fought in games, why has no one ever done this cliche before?" well, now blizzard has, so we can check that off the list :P (those cultists do hit kinda hard for being bumblers tho :P)

srsly tho, the whole art style thing, as critical as anyone could be of it -- and they certainly could be legitimately critical of it, on the one hand! -- is one of those (many) cases of "blizz may try to talk a good game (about community feedback) but in the end they are going to to exactly what they want and we the fans aren't going to have jack to say about it." and the only way to combat that is to vote with your dollars. well, sadly, you, me, and 10 million other suckers failed that test of willpower. so on the other hand, let's get over it, OK? "u knew what this was!" and u knew what it was going to be like b4 u laid down the $$. so, lesson learned?
Its because they are all dressed like nuns.

***edit. Arrogance is his downfall. But. The comment that really did it...besides all the game direction stuff...was telling some one off on FB. Probably after he had to much to drink.

Maps. Perfect example. Kasiem outpost. You go through stinging winds to get to it, then back into stinging winds. And so on. The out post should be a small town, located in the middle of an OPEN roam-able desert. Randomly placed every game.

Instead we are corralled like sheep.

Just saying. No random maps and all the bottle necking...and walling...and other game mechanics that suck in small areas...games demise.

And I noticed it from beginning.

Cain was killed by butterfree.
Azmodan more or less helped you find him and kill him.
Diablo is a chick.
I can't even remember the other bosses because they were boring and bland and nothing about them was cool.

I can remeber all of diablo 2 bosses, well most of them.

Andarial
Duriel
Maphisto
Diablo
Baal

Hell ill try to name the other npc's that wer good to kill

Countess
Raz something or other
Izual
Something the Torementer
Pindle
Nithalak
Shenk

I can't name one NPC from diablo 3 that even sticks out in my mind.