TR DPS Breaking Point?

Monk
What is the TR DPS Breakingpoint?
Meaning at what dps do you oneshot the mobs while TR'ing? 150k or lower?
I'm a tad new to the terminology here...what do you mean when you say unbuffed?
i'm 98k in my TR suit, and i'm definitely running back to finish off the bigger guys. some of the smaller guys die on one pass
I saw a guy with around 198k... it was crajie.

He TR's with the buffalos.
I run with 170k unbuffed in mp1.. Most stuff still dies in 1 pass, occasionally 2 :)
01/24/2013 04:07 AMPosted by Morax
I run with 170k unbuffed in mp1.. Most stuff still dies in 1 pass, occasionally 2 :)

Nice DPS, but how do u sustain TR with that little spirit regen?
01/24/2013 05:23 AMPosted by Yokies

Nice DPS, but how do u sustain TR with that little spirit regen?

he doesnt. which makes it inefficient since he has to stop and use his spirit generator in order to TR again.

~10.43 spirit regen with all buffs up. 1.17 attacks per second so he cannot sustain TR at all times. Not to mention he apparently needs to use OWE in mp1 to stay alive which forfeits fleet footed making his run even slower.

he should really swap his nats set out to lower his attack speed and add an SoJ and drop to mp0.
I did have a SoJ and was running about 60mil xp/hour.. Swapped out for the Nat's set and now I'm at around 80mil xp/hour with about 95% uptime on my TR.

Even with Nat's set I'm at about 10.9 spirit/sec, almost no problem running out of spirit - the extra 11.5% cc is awesome!
I just saw a weapon in the AH for 1M and thought I'd try out TR farming. So I put together more or less the cheapest set possible. Only spirt regen gear is 1.83 on the helm, which I think is enough with the Templar and 5 spirit from skills if I slip into a slower set of pants. With my current 9% pants, I think there's a very slow loss of spirit.

At about 97K DPS, I'm not quite 1-shotting, which makes me think that Fleet-Footed isn't actually helping me that much, and maybe moving more slowly through the whites will actually allow me to kill them in one pass.

I think it's possible that the 1-shot point, or more importantly the 1-pass point, is a function of move speed and attack speed as well. If I was moving slower and attacking faster, I have to think I'd be hitting things more and killing them faster, even holding DPS constant. Of course, attack speed costs more spirit per second.

Anyway, if the current version of 1.0.7 goes live, I think we may see the 1-shot point dropping and making TR farming more accessible. Anyone have an experience with where the 1-shot point is in the PTR?
I did have a SoJ and was running about 60mil xp/hour.. Swapped out for the Nat's set and now I'm at around 80mil xp/hour with about 95% uptime on my TR.

Even with Nat's set I'm at about 10.9 spirit/sec, almost no problem running out of spirit - the extra 11.5% cc is awesome!
Actually after checking, I have 11.36 (got a new helm) spirit regen with the current setup. No problemo on the spirit!
Have just started started to give the TR build a go but I have found that I don't seem to create many cyclones. I have around 37% CC so I would have thought I would get more.

Also, I realise I don't have a particularly good TR set, didn't want to spend to much to try it out.
01/24/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Doobie
Have just started started to give the TR build a go but I have found that I don't seem to create many cyclones. I have around 37% CC so I would have thought I would get more.

I think the proc coefficient on TR is 0.25 - not sure exactly, but certainly lower than for spirit generators. So you need a fair bit of CC. As things stand, you might be better off with another rune, eg SW firestorm.
lolz