Black damage nerf coming

General Discussion
Black damage is "bugged" and Blizzard is going to "fix" (nerf) it. This means weapons such as skorn, EF, and calamity will have lower DPS after patch 1.07. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593742992

Instead of nerfing, I think Blizzard should buff elemental damage. Here's what I had in mind:
Cold damage - currently snares
Lightning - chance to stun
Fire - Burned enemies spead fire to nearby enemies, dealing damage
Poison - additional damage over time
Holy - Bonus damage vs demons
Arcane - Bonus damage vs elites

What do you guys think? If I left out any elemental damage, I'll try to think of something for those.
Got all of them I think, Blizzard can buff out the scratches.
lol at the dude paying 7000 euros for an EF thats gonna take a dps hit
My skorn has 1306.7 dps right now. It will be at 1045.3 dps after the patch O_o. Trying to get rid of it.
Oh thank god. I just sold an EF. lol

My skorn has 1306.7 dps right now. It will be at 1045.3 dps after the patch O_o. Trying to get rid of it.

I'd wait to see just how drastic the change is before doing anything um... drastic.
01/19/2013 09:55 PMPosted by TheFunGun21

That's just retarded dude screw blizzard if try nerf it, honestly I think we are all wrong because in D2 that was how black weapons calculated also. The real bug I think thy are talking about is the error in +min jewelry
oh man this is horrible, the only decent item i've found myself is my 1350dps skorn... which i use as my main weapon.
its a bug with the 1.07 patch(ptr) not on the live servers

its not changing on the live server from where it is now
01/19/2013 09:55 PMPosted by Hak
lol at the dude paying 7000 euros for an EF thats gonna take a dps hit
So much FUD. I'd just wait until something happens in PTR before doing something drastic. Who knows, maybe it'll end up being a mini buff - nobody really knows the answer except for the programmers themselves. (To be honest, I don't think that even the blues have an answer to this.)

Also - If it were indeed a nerf, who is to say that the reason is because elemental damage needed a boost or isn't as good as black damage? Look at Manticore. Arguably better than Calamity.
They should buff ele dmg significantly! and give mobs immunities.. just like it used to be- and It worked great!
Screw that, they will be hurting players who worked hard on their dps if they do that. It's a bad move. I don't care if it's bugged.
Instead of nerfing, I think Blizzard should buff elemental damage. Here's what I had in mind:
Cold damage - 100% chance to Slow Movement Speed / Attack Speed by 40% for 3 seconds.
Lightning - 10% Chance to Stun for 2 seconds.
Fire - Reduces armor by 50% for 3 seconds.
Poison - Reduces resistances by 50% for 3 seconds.
Holy - 10% Chance to heal for 2% of max HP.
Arcane - Resource Costs for Skills are reduced by 25%
All effects from elemental damage do not stack on themselves and elemental effects only apply to +elemental damage on weapons.

Fixed.
Screw that, they will be hurting players who worked hard on their dps if they do that. It's a bad move. I don't care if it's bugged.

Nerfs generally hurt people in the short term and only appear unfair to players who would rather abuse a bug or exploit the game longer.
SMD
what are these black weapons?

Nerfs generally hurt people in the short term and only appear unfair to players who would rather abuse a bug or exploit the game longer.

do you know what the IAS nerf meant to twohand players? They are still lightyears behind dual wield.

The issue is, when Blizz nerfs something, they dont just "fine tune it", they often enough go a bit to far usually. And I think quite a lot of the nerfs they did made no sense. Like the "we need to change wiz because of legendary xy!" Yeah. So much to that. I think many of the issues with Inferno only started to show up after they nerfed IAS so much. People found a way with GEAR to overcome Inferno, then the gear was nerfed. And people had serious trouble. And then the nerfs on Inferno started. Coinsidence? Sometimes I have the feeling like Blizz doesnt undestand their own system. Which is shown with the changes on gems. I mean com on 150 more damage with with ruby? How is that going to compete with CD? It still is the best choice for high end classes. The Ruby should give IAS instead.
Damn it, Jay Wilson have just announced to leave and the nerf to barb comes.
Seriously guys, I think everyone is overreacting.

There is absolutely nothing on the PRT known issues list that says the current 1.0.6 weapons are affected. The list pertains to 1.0.7, which is not released yet. It also says that Murlocket no longer drops in the game, but Murlocket drops in 1.0.6. Maybe the damage from 1.0.7 drops is lower than intended?

IMHO this pertains to drops in 1.0.7, nothing current in 1.0.6.

All this talk is pure speculation.
01/20/2013 03:38 AMPosted by stefan
Damn it, Jay Wilson have just announced to leave and the nerf to barb comes.

I think black damage weapon nerf would eventually hit wizards a lot more (at least from what I can read).

Seriously guys, I think everyone is overreacting.

There is absolutely nothing on the PRT known issues list that says the current 1.0.6 weapons are affected. The list pertains to 1.0.7, which is not released yet. It also says that Murlocket no longer drops in the game, but Murlocket drops in 1.0.6. Maybe the damage from 1.0.7 drops is lower than intended?

IMHO this pertains to drops in 1.0.7, nothing current in 1.0.6.

All this talk is pure speculation.

They messed up RD with their last patch. And it took them quite some time to fix that.

I am not sure if I really trust Blizz in making always the right decisions. I also think the IAS nerf in the past was to harsh as well.
01/20/2013 04:45 AMPosted by CrniVuk
They messed up RD with their last patch. And it took them quite some time to fix that.

no no no and NO.

They did not mess up RD in the last patch. The rotten community QQ over RD and they gave in to the mass QQ. RD is fine.