Flipping the script ... halp plox!

Monk
Scrapz! now scrapz is going to ask us to take 50 million and buy him a gear set, cuz the world has gone insane ane ane
i'd try to spend 300m on a fast mainhand with close to 50% enhance damage and save the last 100m for a marquise ruby :)

My favorite weapon is FoA like the one i'm wearing but if you dont mind the fear, by all means go for EF with a socket and LS.
01/25/2013 03:15 PMPosted by scrapz
Start gearing away from OWE, starting with your gloves.

This +1

If you can escape from OwE, it opens a lot of new doors!!!

Although.. I have a WH if you want to try on?
Who's Plox?
01/25/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Vrkhyz
Who's Plox?

friend of Halp, they went to grammer school together
01/25/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Piffle
I feel like I should get rid of OwE, but there's no point until they fix the passives, and I'm not even sure all my gold would be enough to make that transition.

I made the transition with worse gear than you, for almost nothing once all my old stuff was sold. Maybe 5m? It just took time and being patient. I think I was without enough gear to really play for 10 or so days lol. It was definitely worth it though.

As far as passives, I think its worth doing whenever you can. Having Beacon or Guiding Light instead is worth it. Some people also prefer Fleet Footed. Like Weegee said, it opens up options, which is never a bad thing (especially if they do change/ungrade some of the others anytime in the future).
01/25/2013 06:28 PMPosted by gotaplanstan
I feel like I should get rid of OwE, but there's no point until they fix the passives, and I'm not even sure all my gold would be enough to make that transition.

I made the transition with worse gear than you, for almost nothing once all my old stuff was sold. Maybe 5m? It just took time and being patient. I think I was without enough gear to really play for 10 or so days lol. It was definitely worth it though.

As far as passives, I think its worth doing whenever you can. Having Beacon or Guiding Light instead is worth it. Some people also prefer Fleet Footed. Like Weegee said, it opens up options, which is never a bad thing (especially if they do change/ungrade some of the others anytime in the future).

Even if he sells all his items + that 400M, there is NO way he could regear without OWE to match his current stats, DPS and EHP.
01/26/2013 03:35 AMPosted by Shade
Even if he sells all his items + that 400M, there is NO way he could regear without OWE to match his current stats, DPS and EHP.

Eh. If he was smart (like we know he is) and patient I'm pretty sure he could.

My helm for instance, is better than his, and a step in the right direction for gearing out of OWE. Know how much I paid for it? 17m.

For another example. Using his neck, bracers, and pants instead of mine (to increase dps and keep MS), with the rest of my gear, my epdps (factoring in my wkl) is roughly 137.7k. Obviously thats still 20.7k less than hes got now, but my gear is only worth somewhere in the 7-80m range.
01/26/2013 05:01 AMPosted by gotaplanstan

Eh. If he was smart (like we know he is) and patient I'm pretty sure he could.

My helm for instance, is better than his, and a step in the right direction for gearing out of OWE. Know how much I paid for it? 17m.

For another example. Using his neck, bracers, and pants instead of mine (to increase dps and keep MS), with the rest of my gear, my epdps (factoring in my wkl) is roughly 137.7k. Obviously thats still 20.7k less than hes got now, but my gear is only worth somewhere in the 7-80m range.

My pants alone cost more than 80 mill :/

I guess the larger overall issue is that switching to OwE is not as simple as just replacing my current Cold Resist pieces with All Resist. If I kept everything the same and just swapped my cold resist to all resist, I'd lose 150 resist due to the inability to double stack. I know some of that can be made up by higher all resist rolls, but it's not like All Resist on Nat's rings is going to be cheap :/

I mean, the Witching Hour alone with All Resist is going to cost at least 4 times more what a cold resist one does ... if I can even afford it at all.
Piff change one item at a time brotha. Choose the slot that need the most upgrade and go from there. It's expensive but worth moving in that direction. Also if you have a pieces with AR and chosen Resistance you don't have to use OWE that one chosen resist will be higher that is all.

GL-