EHP for PVP

Barbarian
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
01/21/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Quabbe
Sure, I don't mean 20k HP or something like that with low HP. Of course we need our big HP pool. But if we can reach 4 mil EHP with 80k HP, that's much better as if we had 4 mil EHP with 120k HP - with the same lifereg. And with less HP-stats its easier to get more lifereg-stats.

I disagree with some parts . If i would chose between HP or resistance all. I would chose Hp more. PVP shows it clearly. AS u said u kite too. Large Hp increase life regen more and whu cares abt life regen status if u have tons of HP. We have inspiring passive and is v effective during a fight. Starting off with a 200k Hp has tons of mitigation and life regen. if u have 60k Hp with 7k life regen. There is no chance for u to heal at all when facerolling a DH or a WD with high dps. Is just two shot. More hp vs less hp with the same life regen means starting of every match with a 120k hp pool for players to hit u with. If u are in df mode and waiting for life to regen. U are back with 120k HP better off than 80k. It makes great sense. We just need a decent resist and a large HP pool. This i guess will do a great job. is just my 2 cents.

The set you have in your profile now?

If so... I have my reservations. :X

lol. u know that aint it.

i feel this debate will only be settled through duelling. And uber you lost there =P

You've piqued my curiousity.

>.> I want to see your real gear setup for PvP.

... pretty please? ;3
im at workk sadly. lemme get home.
01/21/2013 09:57 AMPosted by SoLiDAlvi

aight. D:

Btw. You heard about the black damage speculations?
01/21/2013 10:09 AMPosted by Uberjager

aight. D:

yeah but isnt that a bug in ptr thats being fixed in ptr?
I think you are wrong.

Block does help, I would rather block for 4 K than not block, the the armor and AR from a shield is huge, not to mention is basically gives you the weapons master passive with the 10 CC.

DMG mitigation is huge, not sure where you are going with this. If you can take 7% off a 400K crit, then your saving off 28K in dmg, which is a lot, when you factor in AR and ARMOR reductions.
Block matters in dueling. You might think blocking 4500 damage doesn't matter, but if you have the EHP and life regen (not necessarily from gear, inspiring presence is pretty awesome) then it will matter a lot.

You should watch how Moldran duels. He will go offensive when ignore pain is off CD, try to land some rends. If it doesn't work, he uses ignore pain to get away and reset. He can disengage for 10-15s and he will get big chunk of his HP back just from inspiring presence (I don't recall if he actually has life regen on gear).

Using a skorn might be better to land rends but honestly, I wouldn't use it beyond that. Switching to Skorn to land rends and back to SS is probably the way to go, although with a decent 1h rends are still pretty powerful.
I think you are wrong.

Block does help, I would rather block for 4 K than not block, the the armor and AR from a shield is huge, not to mention is basically gives you the weapons master passive with the 10 CC.

DMG mitigation is huge, not sure where you are going with this. If you can take 7% off a 400K crit, then your saving off 28K in dmg, which is a lot, when you factor in AR and ARMOR reductions.

just use a rare shield with same stats. but 200 more vit. would you rather take 200 more vit or 10% more chance to block?

400k crit after 70% reduction which most barbs have approx is 32k(not including inherent 30% less dmg taken). 7 percent of that is 2300 dmg approx.

I am not advocating giving up shield.
im advocating using a rare instead of SS
I think you are wrong.

just use a rare shield with same stats. but 200 more vit. would you rather take 200 more vit or 10% more chance to block?

400k crit after 70% reduction which most barbs have approx is 32k(not including inherent 30% less dmg taken). 7 percent of that is 2300 dmg approx.

This.

Lol. I already have a 20% block 250 vit 15% life 9.5 CC shield waiting in my inventory.

aight. D:

yeah but isnt that a bug in ptr thats being fixed in ptr?

Iono. Depending on your weapon setup it could mean you're looking at a 140 dps drop on weapon or a 50/60 dps drop. (50/60 is apparently what is going to happen to my MH and OH.)

Of course, it's all pure speculation at this point but its good to know ahead of time so you're not in for any rude shocks.

Here's the google doc that was supplied on Team Liquid's forums.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmmRsTeOweASdE1iUkdkZUtZN1V6cExZbXZEQW96TFE#gid=0
SoLidAlvi is correct. There is a point in which very high (you'll need a very good rare shield) that it can outperform a SS. It depends on what you're fighting. a SS is only consistently better vs. Melee dmg.

I have both and my crappy rare shield with 24 all resist is better than a SS vs. ranged.
There's nothing wrong with needing two shields or different gear vs. different players. D2 was the same way and I expected as much in this game.
[quote][quote]
Iono. Depending on your weapon setup it could mean you're looking at a 140 dps drop on weapon or a 50/60 dps drop. (50/60 is apparently what is going to happen to my MH and OH.)

Of course, it's all pure speculation at this point but its good to know ahead of time so you're not in for any rude shocks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmmRsTeOweASdE1iUkdkZUtZN1V6cExZbXZEQW96TFE#gid=0

interesting. thanks for this
[quote][quote]

np. :3
There are shields out there that can outperform SS for sure, check my profile as I was able to grab one. Rare Sacred can roll block% as well, granted not as high as a SS, but it's up there. The one I carry got 150str and 190vit, pretty sure from EHP perspective this is much better than a SS, and it does not lack in the damage department either.
I think you are wrong.

I can see your point, but I do think the 7% reduction is going to play out very well.

Both are great options IMO. I personally feel the dmg reduction is going to be big, especially coupled with the litany, where you can get 14% dmg reduction. On top of the dmg reduction already calculated that you mentioned above (Armor, AR, and 30% Reduction for being a barb).

Im not great at math, so take in my armor and AR values when I have way cry on.... and these are rough estimates with my current PVP set up (Using a SOJ and Havent found any Rare bracer yet.. keep that in mind)

13,041 Armor - 81.30 %
840 AR - 73.68
30% For being a Barb
14% DMG Reduce from SS and Litany

How much would say a 500K crit do against my barb? I have 23% Melee and 4% ranged reduce as well, so take you pick on if I am getting hit with a ranged or melee attack.

I am not trying to create an argument here, just trying to get some info out there and some help, since my math is just... ya.... not great!

Thanks!

np. :3

I lose 170dps from my offhand. That's more than both your weapons. FML.
Here's my take on pvp gear. I have 112k hp, 10.7k armor, 69k dps, 31.5% dodge, 34% block, 4.2k life regen, 24% movement speed, Fury regen from 5 peice IK and unforgiving, 670 AR, 49.5% cc, 180% cd, 900 LoH, 14% reduced dmg from elites/players, -5 fury cost weapon throw.

I also have in the stash a 34% block ss with -14% impairing effects for FoT monks.

I haven't been able to update my PTR yet but I assume this build will do well against all classes. WD will still be a problem.
01/21/2013 10:44 AMPosted by rickjames
There are shields out there that can outperform SS for sure, check my profile as I was able to grab one. Rare Sacred can roll block% as well, granted not as high as a SS, but it's up there. The one I carry got 150str and 190vit, pretty sure from EHP perspective this is much better than a SS, and it does not lack in the damage department either.

Only is it better from an HP standpoint. Once elite % kicks in your shield will be outperformed unless you use inspiring presence and have massive life%.