Barb's PVP Compendium against other Classes

Barbarian
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Lol was a dumb comment not even on topic lol! wow ya being efficient is the key!

dhs are easy rend stun runaway!
Ya just depends! some are some arent!
I have been one shot by 500k dps DHs when I had 100k life + a shield.

you can 1 shot them thru WP or Rend
Yep have to time it right! All depends how good you are!
I face a 600kdps DH, didnt really get 1shot. Infact when i cast IP, i can have 7secs to land a rend on him. I uses relentless and IP together. Didnt had a long round with the DH, but not once i got get ko while IP is active in relentless mode.
So finally find someone on ptr who forced me to completely respec or not stand a chance.

seems to have been a mixture of top monk gear from EU and USA of some sort, the burst damage was extremely redic at first.

My second try at him was much more successful and without silly mistakes by me I think I would've actually came out ahead.

unfortunately my second copy to PTR failed with my new gears so have to wait another 72 hours to upgrade, but I'll try to play him again and see if I can dominate him like other monks without having to upgrade.

I'm open to suggestions, but I do believe my last spec I came up with vs him is pretty ideal.

The only thing I would change is threatening shout's rune from falter to the -30% movement speed debuff.

The main problem I had vs him was that he always came at me with full cds and spirit and it was also very hard to chase him since i have no fury.

Giving up a defensive passive vs a high dps/low ehp monk is basically asking to get 2-3 shot so it's really out of the question to go anything but the 3 must have defensive passives vs a top of the line geared/skill monk.

With the use of double shout, you can also regen full fury while the monk is regen spirit.

Threatening also gives us a snare to catch him if we ever find ourselves in a situation to be able to close on him because his CDs are all down.

It also reduces his damage output by 20%, which is huge.

Ideally once I re-copy to PTR, I'll have the last 1-2 pieces of gear upgrades I've been looking at and it'll be better to see how the very top end barb setups do vs very top end monks because I did feel in terms of gearing it was in his favor.

Nonetheless I felt it was very close, which is refreshing to find a matchup that feels very even.

Here's the spec I ended up having most success with so far

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#acYigk!eTc!aaZZac

all replays of all duels are below

http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/videos
So finally find someone on ptr who forced me to completely respec or not stand a chance.

seems to have been a mixture of top monk gear from EU and USA of some sort, the burst damage was extremely redic at first.

My second try at him was much more successful and without silly mistakes by me I think I would've actually came out ahead.

unfortunately my second copy to PTR failed with my new gears so have to wait another 72 hours to upgrade, but I'll try to play him again and see if I can dominate him like other monks without having to upgrade.

I'm open to suggestions, but I do believe my last spec I came up with vs him is pretty ideal.

The only thing I would change is threatening shout's rune from falter to the -30% movement speed debuff.

The main problem I had vs him was that he always came at me with full cds and spirit and it was also very hard to chase him since i have no fury.

Giving up a defensive passive vs a high dps/low ehp monk is basically asking to get 2-3 shot so it's really out of the question to go anything but the 3 must have defensive passives vs a top of the line geared/skill monk.

With the use of double shout, you can also regen full fury while the monk is regen spirit.

Threatening also gives us a snare to catch him if we ever find ourselves in a situation to be able to close on him because his CDs are all down.

It also reduces his damage output by 20%, which is huge.

Ideally once I re-copy to PTR, I'll have the last 1-2 pieces of gear upgrades I've been looking at and it'll be better to see how the very top end barb setups do vs very top end monks because I did feel in terms of gearing it was in his favor.

Nonetheless I felt it was very close, which is refreshing to find a matchup that feels very even.

Here's the spec I ended up having most success with so far

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#acYigk!eTc!aaZZac

all replays of all duels are below

http://www.twitch.tv/mannercookie/videos

Try picking up Sprint marathon, you will have way more control of the fight then what you are doing now.
Almost no way he can catch me, while i can catch him anytime. Remove your bash clobber for sprint. You don't need to bash a monk. Didn't see you bash anyway in your videos. You just waste a slot of skill.
@Mannercookie:

What is his battletag?

Personally. I feel that for Dex based characters (and wizard, now that Storm armor is affected by dodge) you will really need Dodge on your barb.

Right now, my setup is terrible for barb and WD because alot of their damage is DoT damage (which is ignored by dodge).

But for DH/Monk and Wiz its extremely satisfying to watch their nukes get dodged. PvP matches I did about 10 mins ago. DH's were pretty geared (though not to REVRAC's level)

http://imgur.com/a/hP4wu#0
@Mannercookie:

What is his battletag?

Personally. I feel that for Dex based characters (and wizard, now that Storm armor is affected by dodge) you will really need Dodge on your barb.

Right now, my setup is terrible for barb and WD because alot of their damage is DoT damage (which is ignored by dodge).

But for DH/Monk and Wiz its extremely satisfying to watch their nukes get dodged. PvP matches I did about 10 mins ago. DH's were pretty geared (though not to REVRAC's level)

What can you dodge from a Wiz? -.-
Good vid, acrimony.

After watching the above (i.e., http://www.twitch.tv/acrimony1561/b/360443374), it seems the effort to fight WD's isn't worth it

i hate WD's...i think they suck

It's fun in a sense that it's challenging and requires some thought and intelligence to find openings and advantageous situations to rend. I try to avoid kiting if I can; I don't like the risks of being chased down into death -- I'd rather keep the pressure on the Witch Doctors. That's another great reason to have WoTB; it scares the crap out of everyone.

Right on Acri! I picked up WOTB again on yours & Manner suggestion and once I was in this 4 man slugfest, 1 Monk, 1 DH and 1 Wiz, all well-geared. Once I popped WOTB, everyone ran away in all directions. It was hugely satisfying, like the Hulk "Smash!" This is how a Barb should be. LOL..

I chased down the DH, then the Wiz and got em both. And to my surprise, the Monk who dominated me earlier, died with 1 Rend. Looks like I will stick to Insanity for now.

What do you guys think of Overpower CA? Coz it seems to help me survive much better than Leap. I popped it first, then Shout when within range, then the fight starts and I start counting and looking at my HP bar before I pop IP. Should be able to outlast most Monk Serenity and WD Haunt. Coz my new Skorn has extra 232 Vit, which helps a lot!

I salute you Acri starting this thread so that we Barbs can pool our battle experience and help each other.
@Mannercookie:

What is his battletag?

What can you dodge from a Wiz? -.-

Storm armor. Their primary form of damage.
[quote]

Uber bro, do you find Storm Armor threatening? It only crit for 100-200k max. But it's auto atk.

I find Wizards with Skorn + Ray of Frost or Disintegrate more dangerous. One got me today despite my tanking rotation. I managed to close the distance but couldn't finish him off.

This is where WOTB Insanity will be useful, replacing Ground Stomp. Lotsa chasing though. LOL..
[quote]

Uber bro, do you find Storm Armor threatening? It only crit for 100-200k max. But it's auto atk.

I find Wizards with Skorn + Ray of Frost or Disintegrate more dangerous. One got me today despite my tanking rotation. I managed to close the distance but couldn't finish him off.

This is where WOTB Insanity will be useful, replacing Ground Stomp. Lotsa chasing though. LOL..

It's threatening from a 380kdps skorn mage. took around 1/3 of my hp perhit. >.<
But most time no.
[quote]

I think those are dodgeable as well.
Alright guys unfortunately my copy failed last night so missing a lot of items.

Here are a couple things I need to test with before I can copy again, so if you have these items and can give it to me on ptr please add me.

Stats don't have to be exact

1.) IK Helm

Str/Resist roll

2.) IK Gloves

str/resist, 40+ CD or high str/vit, 40+ CD

3.) Blackthornes belt

High str/vit, 70+ All resist

4.) Blackthorne boots

Any Decent roll

5.) Blackthorne Ammy

Any decent rolls with CD

6.) A dagger

IAS, CD, str (As high as possible and dam obv)

7.) IK Boulder Breaker

Socket, -fury cost HOTA

9.) Lacuni Prowlers

str,allresist,crit

10.) SOJ

cold damage, - fury cost to HOTA
I would have to get my friend to do another copy, but no promises.

Been pretty busy today, so I will be on later to try and make arrangements.
i usually use wotb specially on hex and stun debuff purposes but the cooldown is insane. i prepare Ignore pain to tank the damage
01/26/2013 05:52 PMPosted by elkarera
i usually use wotb specially on hex and stun debuff purposes but the cooldown is insane. i prepare Ignore pain to tank the damage

I will try and stream after the hockey game for everyone to watch. Lemme ping Chuck to set up a time to play.