POE servers vs D3 servers on release

Games & Technology
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
01/23/2013 04:08 PMPosted by CloudieRaine
POE pretty good except combat.

That's a bad sign for game that is about combat. I suppose if you veil that all behind stats and shinnies it's better for some.
PoE feels like a free to play game.

Its trash.

yeah because all f2p games are trash.
Dont let the LoL and Dota community read that.

Its trash.

I play LoL. Used to play DotA. It's 100% true. I don't mind though. I like contributing to the trash :P

It's very cathartic.

In all seriousness though, few free to play games have quality comparable to AAA titles (yes I'm calling Diablo 3 AAA despite the flaws)

The only one I can think of that is really high quality is Planetside 2.
01/23/2013 04:08 PMPosted by CloudieRaine
Just started and tried out, POE pretty good except combat. IT has everything else d3 dont have

Well that's one way to make a person lose all interest in a game based around killing stuff.
01/23/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Chilidogg
what is POE ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Allan_Poe

Quote the raven: Nevermore!
01/23/2013 04:09 PMPosted by GeminiEclips
POE pretty good except combat.

That's a bad sign for game that is about combat. I suppose if you veil that all behind stats and shinnies it's better for some.

How is that? PoE has a very similar combat style to Diablo 2. And Diablo 2 owns Diablo 3 even with D3's pretty explosions and !@#$ flying around.
POE looks like they had the right idea, but man i just can't stand the the 1990's graphics. Maybe this will get these guys a job where they can make a proper game. I know its free but i would rather gave them my 70 bucks and and played a game that reminded me of Diablo 2 without looking like it was made the same year. Everything about the gameplay is better, no set route, aka lots of diversity in builds, but i must of have gotten spoiled in my old age because i can't stand look at the screen for more than 10 seconds without getting a headache. P.s. I know this is way off topic.
01/23/2013 04:49 PMPosted by LuckyStrike

How is that? PoE has a very similar combat style to Diablo 2. And Diablo 2 owns Diablo 3 even with D3's pretty explosions and !@#$ flying around.

Diablo 2 combat is pretty bad. After playing D2 for years I can't go back to it.

Diablo 2 combat is pretty bad. After playing D2 for years I can't go back to it.

True that. But that's the only thing that Diablo 3 improved on. Everything else it failed miserably.

Its trash.

LoL doesn't feel like a trashy F2P game, it feels more like a $20 game like torchlight 2. Can't comment on Dota because the only dota I ever played was in Warcraft 3.
01/23/2013 04:49 PMPosted by LuckyStrike

I thought you were playing PoE. What are you doing here?
01/23/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
I thought you were playing PoE. What are you doing here?

Servers just crashed :)
happens^^

/edit: and back up...
My download has 1 percent left, and I can see what all the fuss is about. HA. But seriously, I won't be leaving this game. I enjoy playing Diablo too much. But its nice to try something new once in a while, breaks up the play.
Uh... I don't think PoE released... Isn't it just in open beta now?
01/23/2013 01:26 PMPosted by Anomandaris
PoE's site has a message about their servers being down right now

LOOOOOOL

Servers just crashed :)
happens^^

/edit: and back up...

ROFL

/thread, give up PoS fanboys
01/23/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Prome
Uh... I don't think PoE released... Isn't it just in open beta now?

Just open beta, stress test this weekend.
Diablo 3 = Millions to spend on servers and years of prep time, still failed.

PoE = Made with donations from eager players and made in a tenth of the time... SO I guess you could compare them huh?

I doubt you have a clue what it takes to maintain a server.
Especially one designed for "millions" of people.

I was under the impression that it was Blizzard's job to know what it takes to maintain a server when they've been in business for so long...

I doubt you have a clue what it takes to maintain a server.
Especially one designed for "millions" of people.

I was under the impression that it was Blizzard's job to know what it takes to maintain a server when they've been in business for so long...

Business should be the operative word there. They are a business. They know that after the initial surge people will leave.

So what exactly is the business sense in spending more money on servers that will become pointless within 3 months? It's just wasted money.

I don't agree with that philosophy but it is something a big business would do.
This so funny.
Servers crashed... but are being resolved.

Once again.. not a good sign for the game.