Diablo 3, aka the only loot hunt game where...

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
....to find good loot you have to do everything except actually farming.

I'd like for someone with this attitude to explain to me where the gear that comes from that is on the AH if you can play this game without farming.

Sure no problem. Its the bots.
01/26/2013 05:35 AMPosted by lXxTHEONExXl
the point of the game is to play the damn thing, if you want to buy the gear beat everything to a bloody pulp, then you can, if you want to farm, you can, guys its still a farming game if you want to play that way, or you can simply buy it if youre willing to spend real world cash, personally i farm everything i have, i havent played ina long time and am starting back up, im aware my gear is going to be outdated, im looking forward to a challenge

A lot of people are fed up with farming, when farming don't really feel gratifying or fun when you expect a damn good loot to drop but instead you get a lot of useless junk to sell. That is the root complaint of people that play D3 when it comes to Item drop. This is why a lot of people turn toward the auction house. This is also why those initial players and those people that use unfare tactics keep getting richer and richer.

And what do you think? Following posts on forums... its easy to notice. Some guys sharing that they finds legendaries every day worth between 10kk - 100kk in proportion like 1:10 so they always hate people crying about loot in D3, because they have it right way.
I had palyed over 500 h, got 176 brimstones right now and one character full of legendaries so it will be over 200 and i never found anything worth 1kk... I gets lots of Tzo Krins Gaze, Madstone, Frostburn and other crap but never good items.

IMO there are "lucky" accounts and "less lucky". Why? There need to be people to supply the market and people who will buy it. Like in real life. It is called "the economy". If everybody could drop stuff on his own... there would be no economy that keep whole RMAH.
All this QQing all the time.. i wish just one time when i checked the forums i found something useful instead of this crap.
i personally have a Wiz main i use CM for ubers and have an archon build/gear for farming/leveling..
i also have a monk barb and another wiz which i only use FOUND gear cause i think thats part of the fun of the game... are they as good as my main?.. no but they are pretty decent for never using the AH. just because you cant find all the gear you need to do MP8+ in a month doesnt mean anything is wrong with the game.. if you found all the best gear right away WTF would you do then? its a game about grinding/gear
Sorry for going all OT, but did someone said "barbs are not good at farming on d2"? (I think the poster was talking about undergeared barbarians).

Essentially, a barbarian can kill the elite packs on pits in 1 minute (on single player, with a static map) and use Find item, potentially getting "double drops". You can even do pindleskin runs with a barbarian. You just need godly gear. It takes the same 20-30 seconds a cold sorc takes to kill pindle, but barbarian got find item.

And you can clear D2 without using anything with a necro summoner. It just takes a week.

So, before saying "it's impossible to do X in D2", check youtube to see if you won't find a dozen videos of people doing impossible.

To save some time, search on youtube for: "poor-man skelemancer" and "berserker pit".

I seriously hope that people saying: "It's impossible to beat diablo 2 with self found gear" or "it's impossible to complete high end sets on diablo 2" are joking/trolling instead of failing big time. In fact, those things are dirty easy to do, if you know how to play. (I.e. teleporting like a mad sorc until you can drag one ancient from the pack and kill them one by one is the way to kill ancients in hell with a sorc; "Kill ancientz plz" is the "wrong way")

Runewords take some time, like a few months doing travincal runs with a barbarian for an enigma.

I don't know how long it takes to self-find a good full ik set on d3. On D2, it took me around 40 hours of pindleskin runs.
"""And what do you think? Following posts on forums... its easy to notice. Some guys sharing that they finds legendaries every day worth between 10kk - 100kk in proportion like 1:10 so they always hate people crying about loot in D3, because they have it right way.
I had palyed over 500 h, got 176 brimstones right now and one character full of legendaries so it will be over 200 and i never found anything worth 1kk... I gets lots of Tzo Krins Gaze, Madstone, Frostburn and other crap but never good items.

IMO there are "lucky" accounts and "less lucky". Why? There need to be people to supply the market and people who will buy it. Like in real life. It is called "the economy". If everybody could drop stuff on his own... there would be no economy that keep whole RMAH."""

actually this isn't true. giving all to some and nothing to the rest is not how the economy is supposed to work. its supposed to reward the people who put in the work. i could care less about flipping because its the buyers faults for being willing to pay. if we just stuck the flippers with all the stuff they buy and not let them unload it they'd stop. but people are dumb and pay the prices being asked. as far as botting and drops, they need to put in some kind of captcha or something to verify that a person is actually playing. bots arent just so people can play godly characters, its so someone can horde high priced items and sell them on the RMAH. its an exploit that someone is benefiting financially from. besides my opinion that the RMAH was a mistake to begin with, this completely kills the concept. they wanted an economy and what they got was an upward funnel.

and everyone dropping their own is not going to kill the economy. because they dont need to drop one of everything. its the stats on the items that do drop that need to be adjusted. they should have fixed prefixes like in D2 so that there are bad, mediocre and good, but all are still usable legends. there is no reason brimstone should be the only option on 99% of legends. there are no items to build around, and skorn is the only good 2hander in the whole game. thats absurd. having spread drops increases trade not kills the economy. no one is saying to buff it to the point where everyone drops everything they'll ever need without trading.
you dont have 500 hours i have almost double your elite kills and like 650 hours...
unless your doing something wrong
Diablo 3, aka the only loot hunt game where...
...there is no point in playing the game to find loot when gold is 13 cents a million, then once cheap "best" loot is purchased with $ there is no endgame to use gear in. Theres just a measuring contest not based off game progression (ladder) or pvp (ladder) just who paid for the best items, or played the AH efficiently for the best items.

Wanna get gear? need gold.

How to get gold?

1. Flip items in AH.
2. Bot.
3. Dupe.
4. Exploit commoditiy markets.
5. Scam.

What about farming you may ask? nothing. It's like playing the national lottery with only 1 ticket vs people that have high paying jobs. How many people that play the lottery will win it? 1 in (insert random crazy high number).

So, whats left for normal, honest farmers? nothing. You can enjoy the combat in the eternal hope of being the one who wins the lottery, but 99% of people will still always be screwed when fighting for an item vs the non-farming users.

How ironic that a loot hunting game works this way, even considering that it's supposed to be the best out there.

PRO tip for Blizzard: next time you make a game based around an AH, make sure people can't continuosly exploit it in every possible way, it makes the game bad for the honest players.

WAAAAAA!!!!!!!

with all ur elite kills I can see you have really farmed alot
you dont have 500 hours i have almost double your elite kills and like 650 hours...
unless your doing something wrong

I dont know how you calculate it... but something might be wrong with your math...
First of all, how anybody might do something wrong in simple hack'n'slash?
2. How you can have double my elite kills? You have 22,3 k, i have 21,6k... wow where did you get this score?
3. barb-254
DH -176
sosa - 65
its already 495 hours
also monk - 48
WD - 27
what gives exactly 570 hours... comparig it also to yours 650.. i have DH 40 paragon and barb 30 paragon... you have only sosa 54 paragon.
I was on my monk the other day and found a 1 hander worth 75 million, stop being lazy and dont use AH for all your gear? Or actually play the game (I know, crazy right?)

I seriously think more then half of D3s population never played D2. You could go an ENTIRE SEASON in D2 and not find anything godly, why is this any different?

Wanna get gear in D2? need godly items / sojs

How to get godly items / sojs in D2?

1. Flip items in trade.
2. Bot.
3. Dupe.
5. Scam.
6. d2jsp.

How to get gold?

1. Flip items in AH.
2. Bot.
3. Dupe.
5. Scam.

What about farming you may ask? nothing. It's like playing the national lottery with only 1 ticket vs people that have high paying jobs. How many people that play the lottery will win it? 1 in (insert random crazy high number).

So, whats left for normal, honest farmers? nothing. You can enjoy the combat in the eternal hope of being the one who wins the lottery, but 99% of people will still always be screwed when fighting for an item vs the non-farming users.

How ironic that a loot hunting game works this way, even considering that it's supposed to be the best out there.

PRO tip for Blizzard: next time you make a game based around an AH, make sure people can't continuosly exploit it in every possible way, it makes the game bad for the honest players.

Diablo is not supposed to be a loot hunt game. This is the single reason why this incarnation of the game has been designed so poorly: the devs misdiagnosed it as a loot hunt game. It's not a loot hunt game.

If everyone played diablo only as a loot hunt game, then why would people play the game after having all the loot, i.e. after buying items, botting, or duping?

Diablo is about killing hordes of monsters and building characters. Loot is there to drive new gameplay experiences and character builds. That's why, in the prior games, loot was diverse and abundant. It is akin to a toy in a toybox. Having more distinct toys should improve the longevity of the game. Instead they designed the game as if the opposite was true, trying to increase game longevity by prolonging the item hunt. This is inherently flawed, and exasperated by the fact that all the items are basically the same and offer nothing beyond bigger numbers. We have a boring MMO-style item system based on weapon DPS and a few key affixes that every build and character desires, with no breadth, depth, or complexity.
So... Reading these forums all the time, some people get great loot, and others do not. Therefore some people have fun playing this game and some feel very 'burnt out' by it. This really can't be blamed on the people playing the game, nor can we call anyone a cry baby for not enjoying a game. A logical solution would be to create a more clear standard for drop rates (just because you have a 20whatever% chance to have level 63 doesn't mean it's going to be a good one). Everyone wants to feel rewarded, not just the people who are getting "lucky" drops and you can't blame anyone for putting in several hundreds/thousands of hours and not getting a good piece of gear, but I do feel like if that is sincerely the case, then there is a solution.
I know this video has nothing to do with the OP, but after you watch it and wipe the vomit off your monitor you'll understand why this game doesn't work from all aspects...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKvxab1kBk
Not true at all man.

I find 2 legendary/set pieces per run on average.
Maybe your magic find isn't good enough.
Sorry OP, by your definition the only way to succeed in D2 is cheating. It's simply the most profitable way to get the best gear(or flip constantly).

You don't have to cheat to have fun in D2 and D3. It seems like the open nature of the AH has made people feel entitled to the extremely rare/best items in the game. Those existed in D2 yet people didn't feel this irresistable need to get them by cheating or playing the market.

More useful gear dropped in D2.. far more. Although the presence of the skill tree aided this greatly due to being able to tailor builds to specific items dropping.

I was one of those who did fairly well with mediocre gear. I only ever owned 1 enigma, 1 shako, and 1 HoZ, the rest of my items were considered average at best.

lawlz 1-shako u didnt do "fairly well"
I hate botters and dupers in all games but in D3s case I really really REALLY hope they take over.
Sorry OP, by your definition the only way to succeed in D2 is cheating. It's simply the most profitable way to get the best gear(or flip constantly).

You don't have to cheat to have fun in D2 and D3. It seems like the open nature of the AH has made people feel entitled to the extremely rare/best items in the game. Those existed in D2 yet people didn't feel this irresistable need to get them by cheating or playing the market.

Because.... it was easy to MAKE them in D2 using rune words and more socetable gems/items/whathaveyou.

How to get gold?

1. Flip items in AH.
2. Bot.
3. Dupe.
5. Scam.

Personally, I find that those cheating should have their IP addresses banned and accounts terminated. Unfortunately, you will always have these degenerates, that makes it frustrating for us legit players. There is so much duping and and other cheats, that almost everyone is a billionaire except us legit players and this now causes prices for decent items to skyrocket beyond our reach. I would love to own a decent lacuni prowlers, or a Mempo of Twighlight, but I will never be able to afford them as anything good is in the 800M bracket. The most that I have EVER had is 200M, and most of that was received through the RMAH with lots of hard earned cash :(. My fear is that with all this cheating, and everybody becoming a billionaire, it will make the game unplayable for us legit players in that items will not be affordable.
Play on hardcore. Every crappy item (by SC standards) you find on HC, can be sold on AH.