Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
its almost like when you dont crit, you do nothing. so its almost like attack rating in d2, except you 'miss' more than 50% of the time. Crit should scale with your primary stat. or if blizzard rids the concept of primary stat, make it scale with int or something. just freakin balance it -__-
this change SHOULD happen in 1.1 with huge skill changes. 1.1 needs to be a huge overhaul of itemization and skills. Whats -10 + 1000 people?
People like OP are pretty brain dead, go to any calculator, and remove both CC/CD from all your gear, and take a look at your DPS, now put CC/CD back and remove only primary stats from all your gear and look at you DPS.

Think before you post.

http://www.d3rawr.com/c

ooh, I just tested
480 int, 49.5%cc, 192% cdmg = 29548 dps

2195 int, 5%cc, 50% cdmg = 61445

seems to me primary stats are too powerful, nerf primary stats.

Glad some people read my post actually bother to test it.
Paz, you are an idiot. EVERYTHING WRONG WITH D3 is just Crit?

Get out dude. You are a horrible troll

0/10
I see @OP edited his first post but he's being stupid really really stupid.

/edit - adding this latest reply to the Original Post so more people notice it.
Fine, community... you don't want crit nerfed. That's apparent. So, go onto the Auction House, and search for one of the expensive one-billion gold items. Now run a search on that exact item, property for property, value for value.. but just remove crit from it. That SAME exact awesome item is now worth roughly 100k.. if it even sells at all.

So Crit has 1000x+++ the value of any other stat.. and you DON'T think it's a problem? Ok, then.. you wouldn't be opposed to Blizzard making Crit roll on every single item that drops in Inferno then? Then you don't have to live with a nerf, you keep your insane DPS and Synergy build, but the value still lowers on crit and equalizes the market. The ONLY reason you'd be opposed to that change is out of greed.

counter:
b) find the same item, leave crit on it. instead eliminate some other major dps stat like (%dmg or +min dmg, or + max dmg)

equally !@#$.

failure to realise that it is in total the number of desirable prefixes that makes an item valuable.

eg: imagine trifecta gloves with high primary stat.
now remove primary stat. it can be 9% ias, 9%cc, 40% crit dmg = 30m buyout
now put in primary stat 150 int = 800m buyout

trifecta amulet with cdmg 9/10/81 = 1b
bifecta amulet with Cdmg but no ias = 5m
bifecta amulet with cdmg but no cc = 220k

--
991dps dagger with os/lifesteal/80% cdmg = 991m buyout
1002dps dagger with os/80%cdmg = 18m buyout
1007dps dagger with 80%cdmg/lifesteal = 56m buyout

given your same stupid logic. i can equally assert that lifesteal,ias,cc, primary stat all causes an item's cost to expand exponentially.

yes, people might consider the word stupid to be an ad hominem but i think everyone can agree its a factual description of his logic and his opinion.

I'm only replying to such obvious nonsense logic so that this stupid thread can hit 26 pages and die.
I see @OP edited his first post but he's being stupid really really stupid.

/edit - adding this latest reply to the Original Post so more people notice it.
Fine, community... you don't want crit nerfed. That's apparent. So, go onto the Auction House, and search for one of the expensive one-billion gold items. Now run a search on that exact item, property for property, value for value.. but just remove crit from it. That SAME exact awesome item is now worth roughly 100k.. if it even sells at all.

So Crit has 1000x+++ the value of any other stat.. and you DON'T think it's a problem? Ok, then.. you wouldn't be opposed to Blizzard making Crit roll on every single item that drops in Inferno then? Then you don't have to live with a nerf, you keep your insane DPS and Synergy build, but the value still lowers on crit and equalizes the market. The ONLY reason you'd be opposed to that change is out of greed.

counter:
b) find the same item, leave crit on it. instead eliminate some other major dps stat like (%dmg or +min dmg, or + max dmg)

equally !@#$.

failure to realise that it is in total the number of desirable prefixes that makes an item valuable.

eg: imagine trifecta gloves with high primary stat.
now remove primary stat. it can be 9% ias, 9%cc, 40% crit dmg = 30m buyout
now put in primary stat 150 int = 800m buyout

trifecta amulet with cdmg 9/10/81 = 1b
bifecta amulet with Cdmg but no ias = 5m
bifecta amulet with cdmg but no cc = 220k

So true, OP is such a retard and he doesn't want admit he is wrong.
Dumb idea. The game is all about crit I agree, but there's more wrong with the game than just that. Flat skill tree, worthless crafting, massive monster cc abilities that narrow player builds, useless blue drops, on and on.
Thread is retarded...subject is retarded...op is retarded ... ppl who agree with OP are retarded..idea is retarded....lock thread, delete and move on....nothing more to see here but a bunch of retards trying to kill the game even more than it already has been
01/20/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Paz
Crit trivializes the content, which is against the design philosophy of things supposedly being "very hard" in Inferno mode

Well...Inferno is still gonna be hard if you don't have the gear.

And Inferno becoming easier for a geared player is more a fault of the RPG genre, where better stats are gonna make things easier. Diablo II handled this much in the same way that Bethesda did with Oblivion, ie the monsters actually scaled with the power of the player level. That solution wouldn't work here as we have a level cap.

Now, they could cap the rating(s) as you suggest, but I would argue that goes against the Diablo philosophy of "getting better loot IS the game".
Instead of nerfing critical chance and critical damage, why not provide an alternative to generating massive damage?

Here is an idea. Feel free to bash it or commend it or improve it.

Double Strike - Do 2 attacks instead of one dealing double damage. This will be by chance as well. Works on attacks from spells as well and not just normal attacks.

example = + 5% chance to Double Strike

With this , iAS will be preferred, I think, since the fast you hit the better the chance to Double Strike.

You can even stack it with Crit Dmg and do x2 as much Crit Dmg at once and Life Steal.

Now on skills. Just think about Wizard spells. 2 of the same spell for the cost of 1 spell. Like instead of summoning just 1 Meteor you get a chance to summon 2 Meteors per cast.
If you nerf crit and do not touch anything else I leave diablo 3, that won't change !@#$, only will destroy added value of the users in the game, and people will become more angry and more disappointed.

The only way to succeed is making the right formula for all the stats making every single stat good and not one better than the other. If you have thousands of dex and crap of ias. The few ias should be more important than 200 more of dex. There should be a formula that when you cap a specific amount of a stat it decreases its productivity. So people will try to have every single stat in balance and that would make maximize their overall damage.
Yes, crit is making the game rather 1-dimensional but Blizzard does not need to nerf Crit Chance or Crit Damage. That will not really fix the problem.

All Blizzard needs to do is to make enemies more unique. Elite packs basically share the same pool of skills. The only difference between elite packs is the 3D model.

Stop being lazy Blizzard, give monsters unique traits. For Example: Undead = immune to Critical/Cold, weak against Holy/Fire etc.

That would make things much more interesting imo =P
But just becoz OP is too cheap to pay for cc/cd he want to nerf it is so that everyone is as miserable as him? I think not bro.
I got my 50% on an extreme budget so I have no idea how he has 99k DPS on a Barb and still not have 50%. It makes no sense. I'm not even wearing any crit rings. Isn't that filling his concept of getting crit elsewhere to save money?
So true, OP is such a retard and he doesn't want admit he is wrong.

So I see things has gotten worse. This is getting out of hand. Post needs to be reported so they can delete the thread.
I'll only respond to the thread due to the idea being absurd.

Nerf CC and you really will put the nail in the coffin for the game - At this point it is too late to nerf CC/CHD because too many people have invested too many resources into crit heavy builds.

The only realistic hope for a change to crit would be an overhaul to the stat whenever the first expansion comes out because it would render old gear sets obsolete so it would be easier for players to adjust to a new system.
Change effect of emeralds in weapons would be interesting or nerf the value of crit that emeralds gives.......hmmmm, none of this effects me and would make me richer, yep do it!
Thread is retarded...subject is retarded...op is retarded ... ppl who agree with OP are retarded..idea is retarded....lock thread, delete and move on....nothing more to see here but a bunch of retards trying to kill the game even more than it already has been
crit chance creates alot of build, leave it as it is.
crit damage could be subjective.
Wow, didn't realize how much generate the OP had generated. Crit is definitely problematic though. It is allowed to scale too high in comparison with everything else. Hard caps would allow for positive changes to the game at large. You could bring down the amount of extra health in MP levels, you could have PVP one-shotting go away pretty quickly, you could bring back some semblance of balance between different gems and their effectiveness, you could give players reason to have stats aside from crit on every piece of gear, essentially allowing for more build variance. I know everyone's hooked on crit at this point in the game, but I think a little open-mindedness here would be a good idea. So many people complain about so many different aspects of this game every day in the forum, but this one change, if done correctly, could make the entire game better. It wouldn't fix all our problems, but it could remedy more than a few... =)