Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
Instead of just focusing on nerfing everything, why not try buffing a bit more? I honestly believe there's way more wrong with itemization than just 1 stat being above the rest, plenty of people have beat the itemization horse and will continue to.

Look at peoples characters. The only thing that separates their boot, their helm, their jewelry from each other is the look and the name. The stats are 95-100% identical. The only difference between a characters gloves and his weapon is that the weapon adds dps. There's the real issue. You need more SPECIFIC VARIATION on gear, you need higher chances to freeze, more plus to skills, skill modifiers(IE: change an aura into a curse etc), have things similar to Trang Ouls set bonus from diablo 2. Give people interesting and game changing modifiers rather than just stacking vit, crit, all res, primary stat, life on hit, crit damage.
I know Blizzard is hesitant to nerf crit due to the massive outrage the community would surely experience... but for all the same reasons blizz nerfed Attack Speed, crit has got to go. Right now crit is the single determining factor on whether a piece of equipment is good, or if it's just medicore. You could have all perfect double stat primary roll with awesome vit/resistance, etc.. but no crit and it's laughably bad.

The itemization is extremely one-dimensional in this way. To make matters worse, actual balance is effected. Crit trivializes the content, which is against the design philosophy of things supposedly being "very hard" in Inferno mode. Crit allows for cheese builds like sprint/ww and critical mass/wicked wind... which no matter how much Blizz claims they like these builds, you cannot look me in the eye and say it was the developer's intent for those skills to synergize in that way.

Right now Crit Chance needs to be given a hard cap of... 30% (30% may be way too high, but I say to nerf it to that level, and then see how it holds up, and if necessary, drop it down to 25% max)

Crit damage needs to have the values cut in half on all equipment in all slots, and emeralds need to do soemthing else other than crit damage in weapons.. take that away, nerf it out entirely.

See if the game doesn't get better. A lot of people will be angry for a while, but just like Attack Speed nerf, eventually they'll forget about it and move on.. meanwhile balance returns to the item market, so that more than just 0.001% of items are worth anything.. suddenly all manner of items are worth something to someone.

The Economy gets fixed, Itemization gets fixed, OP builds get fixed, and the game becomes something resembling what the team intended it to be, again.

Caps = everyone gears up to the cap and then stacks high on everything else.
Look at WoW, you go for your hit chance cap, and then start stacking all else. This is not an MMO and your opinion is clearly the minority and as such valueless. speaking of which... that gear... Shaking my head man, that offhand and main hand should be swapped.
Will devalue good drops, make all trifecta gear worthless.
Stats alone on barbs get crit to 20% throw in overpower and we already have cap therefore no crit chance is needed on gear.
DH's with caltrops and archery hit 25%
All lifesteal once again becomes worthless.
I don't like slow farming, and nerfing my gear isn't going to suddenly make me want to farm more because it takes longer.
If anything I would just sell all my gear. and go play one of the new ARPG's coming out that wasn't trying to screw up my gearing at every turn.

All manner of items are worth something?
Nope
Just gonne be lots items like
100-200 str/dex/or int
100-200 vit or 8%+ life
IAS/Cd/Cc (whichever is needed to reach cap
Pickup radias/sockets/life regen/AR
Same formula only with lower value, basically making all the gear currently owned worthless. there will be no balance to the market and all items value will plummet as will the value of gold.
Hardcore players will leave for greener pastures that don't !@#$ on them.
Casuals will rejoice as once again blizzard ruins a game by making it so easy you can even play it.
01/20/2013 06:50 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
Disagreed because there are many runes in all classes that proc based on our chance to crit.

Yes and proc coefficients can be changed. This is discussed on the first page of the thread you are posting in.

01/20/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Kizmatti

There were hard caps on str, vit, dex, and magic in D1.

In D2, there's hard caps on resistances, damage reduction, absorb, block rate, attack speed, fcr, fhr, and they varied per class.

Did you play these games?

Oh look we have a smarty in the Diablo 3 forums, imagine that......

Yes, look at that. Another person posting false statements, getting proven wrong, then calling someone a name because that's all they can do.
I WANT TO FEEL LIKE A GOD. NOT SOME WEAKAS PFHUCKING PUSIE
01/20/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Utukka
I honestly believe there's way more wrong with itemization than just 1 stat being above the rest,

There is, but crit is one of the largest obstacles to gearing diversity.

Paz, why did you have to say that it would solve everything? You have just given fuel to the arguments of people who misunderstand the issue.
lol. right, let's nerf crit because the the OP can't afford top line barb crit gear. that sounds like a swell idea. when something else takes it's place, let's nerf that as well because said guy can't afford that gear either.

nerfing crit does not solve any issue, as many systems are currently tied into crit and that has been the focus of many builds. the main issues with this game go well beyond the crit system.
Iskra

01/20/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Utukka
I honestly believe there's way more wrong with itemization than just 1 stat being above the rest,

Paz, why did you have to say that it would solve everything? You have just given fuel to the arguments of people who misunderstand the issue.

Why pick 1 sentence from an entire post? Obviously Crit is FAR ABOVE the rest and making it more equal in terms to the others would create more diversity, I fully understand that issue. My point was only to shed more into the fact that sure, you lower crit and then something else will take its place. Again, I do believe that Crit should be lowered. I wanted to throw more out there into solving the problem in full, not just slapping a temp fix on it.
01/20/2013 06:58 PMPosted by Iskra

I'm sorry, my boots, pants, belt, armor, weapon, and shoulder don't have CC. That's half of all my gears without CC
OP has no idea why IAS was nerfed. Its okay tho
The only problem I am having is not enough CC.

I WANT TO FEEL LIKE A GOD. NOT SOME WEAKAS PFHUCKING PUSIE
01/20/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Iskra
many systems are currently tied into crit and that has been the focus of many builds.

Jesus Christ.

Yes, that is one of my many names.
Iskra is a joke. Don't act like a big shot designer when you fail it's most basic concepts and fail to understand the bigger picture rather than what's in front of you.
01/20/2013 07:03 PMPosted by LaT

I'm sorry, my boots, pants, belt, armor, weapon, and shoulder don't have CC. That's half of all my gears without CC

Your weapon, pants, and belt all have crit.

Three out of your twelve items don't involve crit. That's a quarter of all your 'gears'.
Every single piece of gear serves to increase your dps. Where is the variation in that?
01/20/2013 07:07 PMPosted by LaT
Every single piece of gear serves to increase your dps. Where is the variation in that?

In the ways that it increases it ...? Are you even trying to use your brain?

Three out of your twelve items don't involve crit. That's a quarter of all your 'gears'.

I'm not talking to someone who can't differentiate the difference between CD and CC

I'm not talking to someone who can't differentiate the difference between CD and CC

In general, you shouldn't argue with someone who won't post a link to their character. Most people complaining on chat channels and in here (not all) are those frustrated with not being able to afford nice crit gear and their frustration with gearing options. The QQ dissipates rather quickly after their first lucky drop.

No, you're not.

You are, however posting in a thread that is about both aspects of crit and pretending like it is only about CC in an attempt to make a point that does not make sense in the context of this debate.
LOL

nerf CHC/CHD than you can tell them to make a new game...
A lot of the skill need CHC to active and they don't need AS. People had super AS build but they did not consider CHC so blizz made a shift by forcing people to look at CHC

You post feels like trolling.