Nerfing Crit possibly fixes everything wrong with D3.

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
01/20/2013 07:11 PMPosted by seraphim
In general, you shouldn't argue with someone who won't post a link to their character. Most people complaining on chat channels and in here (not all) are those frustrated with not being able to afford nice crit gear and their frustration with gearing options. The QQ dissipates rather quickly after their first lucky drop.

All you have to do is ask. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Iskra-1389/

I support the balancing of crit with other affixes not because of the fact that I cannot afford top tier crit gear, I do it because it makes sense and would benefit the game. If I could afford top tier crit gear then I could surely afford the top tier gear in a balanced system and vice versa, balancing items isn't going to make top tier items any cheaper. That's not what this is about.

You, on the other hand only argue against it's balancing because you have the gear and don't want to get new gear, whether that would improve D3 or not.

Edit: wording.

LOL

nerf CHC/CHD than you can tell them to make a new game...
A lot of the skill need CHC to active and they don't need AS. People had super AS build but they did not consider CHC so blizz made a shift by forcing people to look at CHC

You post feels like trolling.

"Not if proc coefficients were altered to reflect changes to CC."

Post #6

L2R, bro.
01/20/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Paz
You could have all perfect double stat primary roll with awesome vit/resistance, etc.. but no crit and it's laughably bad.

If you have Crit and no stats, it's also bad. What are you trying to say? Many other issues that need more attention than Crit ATM. Close this topic.
Gears without CC are dirt cheap ATM. You are ENCOURAGED to get them in that sense. What is the problem?
01/20/2013 07:20 PMPosted by LaT
Gears without CC are dirt cheap ATM. You are ENCOURAGED to get them in that sense. What is the problem?

Wtf is this? Seriously.

People want gears with CC as well because they give more dps, what you are doing is essentially asking for a nerf to dps. so WTF do you want, more dps or less dps? Make up your damn mind.
Im fine with nerfing CD by 50%, I do think its stupid that you hit for 25k normal attack, but a crit is in the millions.
Atm I have no option to gear for a less bursty way of dealing damage for a more sustained dps without completely gimping myself, CC is fine, CD is way to high imo. And the only stats we have for a more sustained way of dealing damage is MinDmg and Primary stat, silly.

But would it fix itemization or economy? - No, the problem there is how stats are rolled on items. I could give an example on how I think it should be, but whats the point?
regardless what you do, there will always be top tier gear out of your reach, unless you want to make it such that the game max dps compared to the min dps achievable is low.. (ie: low ceiling height.).

eg: if you soft cap crit dmg, and add new affixes for +x% to spell/skill, then gear with cc/cdmg/+%x to skill become top tier and hits 2b.

or you may as well ask for "pure blue" mode for d3.

--
asking for nerfs to overall dps =
whats the point of an item loot game where top tier gear is something anyone can find themselves equipped in, in a matter of days?
Taking out CC from some gears might or might not give more variation to gears but it will surely bring a host of other problems, I don't consider CC to be a problem but let's just say it is - Fixing this problem will result in many other new problems. Close this topic. It's a no-go.
01/20/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Paz
look me in the eye and say it was the developer's intent for those skills to synergize in that way.

looks you in the eye.

It's irrelevant whether they intended them to synergize in that way or not. You can't just throw on bad gear and have either build work either. You need specific gear. Bye!
Im fine with nerfing CD by 50%, I do think its stupid that you hit for 25k normal attack, but a crit is in the millions.
Atm I have no option to gear for a less bursty way of dealing damage for a more sustained dps without completely gimping myself, CC is fine, CD is way to high imo. And the only stats we have for a more sustained way of dealing damage is MinDmg and Primary stat, silly.

But would it fix itemization or economy? - No, the problem there is how stats are rolled on items. I could give an example on how I think it should be, but whats the point?

you do realise, you are completely wrong and hyperbolic.

25k normal damage, crit = 1mil = 4000% crit. = not game achievable.
the max crit dmg roughly is glove 50%, rings 50%, wh 50%, amulet 100% , dual wield 200%, weapons dual wield 200%

dualwielding = 700% max
single hand = 500% (wiz/wd)
2h wielders = 600%

so 25k normal damage can at max = 175k dmg crit on single target.
No, the problem there is how stats are rolled on items. I could give an example on how I think it should be, but whats the point?
I just got done writing a post about that and then decided to delete it lol, then I read your post. I saw no point in explaining it either. It seems the pro-nerf CC people in this thread have no idea how items roll.
A cap is a great idea. I think 50% is fine.

If not, please diversify the gear.
Buff the other useless stats, don't nerf stuff. It solves nothing except making casuals happy.
Have we not learnt? I am sure Blizzard has learnt. Every nerf in this game, has been met with heavy insane hate.
Has 23% CC, proposes 25% CC cap
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/093/953/SCUMBAG%20STEVE.jpg?1318992465
i agree that crit should not have been such a mandatory design piece for character building. i was expecting more diversity like in D2 where there was crit, deadly strike, and crushing blow. all function different and no one thing being mandatory but being helpful depending on the class and build.

i think crushing blow (with a cap of course) would greatly solve a lot of problems with trifect jewelry being mandatory for the upper mp's. people could focus a little more on vitality and survivability and might even bring down prices on the ah for certain gear.

just a theory, just my opinion.
half the reason why alot of folks get pissed off is they spend alot of gold to get an efficient build up then some idiot comes along screaming bc he cant afford the same kick butt gear for the build so he whines for a nerf ...gets a bunch of fellow whiners together and have a group pity party.... blizz listens makes the nerf/cap and then all of the sudden the person who spent all that gold on an efficient build gets shafted bc of all the crappy players that cant afford to do the same thing...you ppl really piss me off...no wonder this game sucks as bad as it does ...all u fricken babies complaining about this and that instead of working with what u have and doing good with it....this is the first game ive played thas a type of MMO but if this is the norm.....by all the gods in heaven let diablo 4 be offline play only...you ppl are sad and pathetic...thas all i really need to say...except that the makers of The Care Bears Adventure Game called....they have missed u ppl.
01/20/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Baaalzamon
half the reason why alot of folks get pissed off is they spend alot of gold to get an efficient build up then some idiot comes along screaming bc he cant afford the same kick butt gear for the build so he whines for a nerf ...gets a bunch of fellow whiners together and have a group pity party.... blizz listens makes the nerf/cap and then all of the sudden the person who spent all that gold on an efficient build gets shafted bc of all the crappy players that cant afford to do the same thing...you ppl really piss me off...no wonder this game sucks as bad as it does ...all u fricken babies complaining about this and that instead of working with what u have and doing good with it....this is the first game ive played thas a type of MMO but if this is the norm.....by all the gods in heaven let diablo 4 be offline play only...you ppl are sad and pathetic...thas all i really need to say...except that the makers of The Care Bears Adventure Game called....they have missed u ppl.

Plus
Nerfing anything is not a good option, leave it alone. Buff other skills that impact all players if need be.
As the stat mix is, you have to compromise your build anyhow, so its a players choice what the use.
A better idea would be to stop lvl60 drops with lvl50's stats and give more useable choice of mix with chosen gear.