Demon Hunter Dual Wielding

Demon Hunter
I am currently using calamity with deadmans as quiver. I don't know anything about dual wielding can anyone tell me the benefits or advantages of it and what I should I be using as an offhand weapon if I were to dual wield and what stats I should be looking for?

thank you
Duel-wield = rotating hands when attacking. Skills you don't use your "hands" will be subject to the damage of your main hand weapon.

This does not help, but give you some number to think about
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764436847

to have good dps with duel-wield, you need to have weapon with similar dps, better if both weapon have the same aps. must have socket. emerald is on average good for duel-wield. You lose bonus to chc off quiver.
well I got myself danettas as an offhand wep. I lost a lot of vit and IAS but gained dps and it looks cool so I'm pretty happy with the outcome
01/27/2013 06:34 PMPosted by ANFO
well I got myself danettas as an offhand wep. I lost a lot of vit and IAS but gained dps and it looks cool so I'm pretty happy with the outcome

I would also get an soj 28-30% for the extra disc and +% magic damage because you are using a black weapon it should give you a 5-6% dps boost.
01/27/2013 09:48 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

I would also get an soj 28-30% for the extra disc and +% magic damage because you are using a black weapon it should give you a 5-6% dps boost.

yea I need a soj
Duel-wield = rotating hands when attacking. Skills you don't use your "hands" will be subject to the damage of your main hand weapon.

This does not help, but give you some number to think about
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764436847

to have good dps with duel-wield, you need to have weapon with similar dps, better if both weapon have the same aps. must have socket. emerald is on average good for duel-wield. You lose bonus to chc off quiver.

But you get the 10% CC back with Archery passive.
^ You don't. You get the bonus from archery based on your main hand weapon, not the offhand.
You get the 10% CC with a 1h and a quiver as well. You do get a 15% IAS bonus for dual wielding but a DML can have up to 20% so that is usually a net loss too