Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next
It's hard getting old...

20 years ago a mighty barbarian strode forth to battle Baal and his brothers. He was able to kill any thing that stood in his way.Nothing was safe from the bone crushing sings of his 2 mighty 2 handed swords.

Jump ahead 20 years and evil has returned.With his ancestral home destroyed and one last great battle left in him again he heeded the call of battle.He went to the armory to reclaim his mighty weapons But....What is this crippling arthritis had set in and he could no longer wield both swords but no worries he was a great weapon master and could teach this skill to the younger barbarians . Sadly try as he might the on set of Alzheimer's would prevent him for ever sharing this wonder full skill.

Some day the god's of Blizzard might clear his head enough so he can teach the lost art of dual wielding 2 Handers but until that time we all must suffer the wrath of getting old .
I support Barbarians being able to dual wield 2-H weapons.

Other Blizzard titles have established that the basic sterotypical melee class should be able to dual wield 2-handers. ( Diablo II Barbs dual wield 2-Her, World of Warcraft Warriors can dual wield 2-Hers )
a lady Barbie is not wrong for her to wield 2 handed in both hands and you saying its wrong is SEXIST!!!!!!

Why edit a troll post?

jw.

edit: neither should ginger women.

logically since male barbie is a old man, we are supposed to get an old hag for f barbie. but instead we got this somewhat sexualized ginger, implying that blizz dont want to make completely unsexualized character neither. and a woman able to hold 2 2 handed weapon and still stand upright is...just wrong :/

your making it a SEXIST thing when you say a Woman Barbie cant hold her own by wielding 2 double handed wepons......... psshhh.. LOL MEN !
I can understand where you're coming from. The versatility of using two-handed weapons singlehandedly is nice.

Thing is: two-handed weapons in this game can have massive stat modifiers. It would be odd to reduce the damage on a two-handed weapon wielded singlehandedly (like in D2) and try and reduce the stats, otherwise it would be a balance issue.

And at that point you're just griping over aesthetics. I guess you could say the stats on two-handed weapons shouldn't be high, but that wouldn't be fair to other classes who can't dual-wield.

So yeah, I miss the versatility, but hey: you can switch your build anytime you want, rather than remake the character when you !@#$ up one stat point ;D
I can understand where you're coming from. The versatility of using two-handed weapons singlehandedly is nice.

Thing is: two-handed weapons in this game can have massive stat modifiers. It would be odd to reduce the damage on a two-handed weapon wielded singlehandedly (like in D2) and try and reduce the stats, otherwise it would be a balance issue.

And at that point you're just griping over aesthetics. I guess you could say the stats on two-handed weapons shouldn't be high, but that wouldn't be fair to other classes who can't dual-wield.

So yeah, I miss the versatility, but hey: you can switch your build anytime you want, rather than remake the character when you !@#$ up one stat point ;D

No one was crying for that in D2, so why should they now ?

As to the topic, diversity is what Blizzard are always talking about in: interviews, big Blizzcons, etc. When they actually don't advertise themselves they do nothing about that.

I don't know what is the problem, people here can make thousand of ideas how to make that happen - should it be -10% ias -50% base dmg, or something else, but it can be. If only Blizzard could turn back and see all those minor things for them in D2, that are so much fun for us.

(again, dual-wielding is only for swords, not axes and maces)
hmmm...

i think i'll support this train of thought.

a monk using a pair of gloves (not fist weapons), should be able to hold another weapon...

the floating source that wiz use also don't need to be held by hand so that gives them another free hand to hold another weapon. heck, they can hold as many floating orbs as they want.

and as pointed in other threads, the DH already is using his leg as another hand to utilize his offhand quiver while already weilding a 2h-bow or xbow.
hmmm...

a monk using a pair of gloves (not fist weapons), should be able to hold another weapon...

the floating source that wiz use also don't need to be held by hand so that gives them another free hand to hold another weapon. heck, they can hold as many floating orbs as they want.

and as pointed in other threads, the DH already is using his leg as another hand to utilize his offhand quiver while already weilding a 2h-bow or xbow.

Arn't quivers held on the back?

Either way, Dual Wielding Source wiz sounds bad !@#. Not gona lie.
In the last 20 years Barbarians forgot how to dual wield Two Handed weapons?

Whats the deal?

I've been thinking about this since may 15th 2012.

Mighty Weapons don't give the same feeling as dual wielding two 2 handed weapons.

Blizzard, I love you, i really do, but I dont feel like a completed barbarian without holding Two handed weapons in each hand.

My enchantress can only hold one two handed sword, yet the barbarian is crippled enough to be just as weak.

I wouldn't mind the same Debuff as in Diablo 2 with the reduced damage with the offhand, just please for the love of God let me hold two 2 handed weapons.

If you're a Barbarian Lover you will agree with this.

Even if your a Warrior Lover from World of Warcraft, you will agree with this as well.

I wish i could like my own post.

• Edit

I'm not saying "buff the barbarian" thats not my goal.

My goal is to raise support for a Barbarian to actually Dual Wield Two handed weapons, in diablo 2 , the off hand damage was reduced considerably.

an example of this is shown here

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww224/Hanshotfirst-Pics/Screenshot1030.jpg

http://www.darkestofangels.com/wp-content/uploads/wm-media/darkest-of-angels/gallery/videos/spotlight/spotlight-barbarian/barbarian-spotlight-1.jpg

How is this strong as hell hero, not able to hold two of what a normal man could not?

• Edit#2

This is a video of a Frenzy Barbarian in Diablo 2, and it shows him using two 2 handed weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krKu-2TD83g

• Edit#3

We actually have some constructive people in this thread, hurrrayyy. Some very nice suggestions actually.

DOWNFALL- actually suggested to lower the attack speed of the off hand two handed weapon, which is a step toward balancing it.

A few other knowledgeable people having rather nice input are as follows.

-Stalkerous
    -Japhasca
    -TheSaint
    -n0rain
    -Midnite
    -Exile
    -Rufusjwb
    -Rabidpeanut
    -Cthulhu
    -Fobran

Info; The thread seems to kick off on page 3.

• Even for me, barb is not a favorite class, but this is very reasonable request! in D2 barbs were able to dual wield 2-handed Swords. I want to emphasize that ONLY 2-handed Swords!

From areat summit: The Barbarian can wield a Two handed Sword in each hand, however the weapon will do less damage. When Barbarians highlight a Two Handed Sword it will list by the One-Handed and Two-Handed damage on the sword.
    http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/swords.shtml

And I am wondering why in D3 Brab is so weak that cannot handle 2 Two-Handed Swords, this question is obviously should be risen with Blizzard development and Game Strategists.
    I was surprised as well, when I realized that my barb could no longer dual wield two-handed swords in diablo3.
    Granting us this ability once again would go along way to making many of the all but useless legendary 2handers worth using or at least a viable option
    Grandfather + sultan of blinding sand in pvp -> 'wha..where'd you go?'
    Or
    Maximus and Skycutter/spliter? (sword) for the angel and demon on my shoulder lawls.

I get the distinct impression that this was just another way Blizzard/Activision dropped the ball while putting this game together.
    Still can't get over how many achievements are unable to be completed nearly a year after launch 'smh'
    Simple fact is, it was in Diablo 2, and it will work in Diablo 3, people have already stated facts for this, and i have yet to see a constructive response against this other than "omg he wants to buff barbs", or "no its unfair" , or "Dual wield skorns, no no no " , which are all very ignorant.

This is something barbarians should have. Unless there is a reasonable, more straight cut explanation as to why barbarians shouldn't have this, i'm going to assume all the negative people in this thread are complaining just for the hell of it.

I try to reply in a civilize way (no offense to barb), I much like the idea of dual wielding 2-H just like in D2. But after pondering, D3 is a different game.

They already have classification and weapons separation to define each class and their unique traits. 2-H in D2 are special and unique due to strength requirement to carry weapon, and being dual wielding, effects alternate between main and off hand.
    All these and many more other features make dual wield '2-H' meaningful and definitive.

Take a look at D3, the separated and the classes specialty are already embedded into weapon classes. Instead of calling all weapons by their general term, they re-define a set of weapons solely for Barbarians which is Mighty Weapons. You can still dual wield 2 1-h mighty weapons. It's just a name sake that instead of calling these mighty weapons 2-Handed.

Do yourself a favor, name your those 1-H mighty weapons as 2-H bastard sword in D2 mentally.

I initially think that it is cool to be unique that a muscular characters wield huge bulky weapon and mow down threats with brute force.
    I play all characters and I somehow feel that barbarians is already getting all the favoritism which all other classes try keep up with. Uncontested primary stats, Life steal Belts, Resource generators that scales with attack speed independent of gear affix (See spirt regen and apoc)...etc etc

If Blizzard have nothing significant to patch up, then by all means, encourage them to come up with something that enable the game mechanics that matches the idea of dual wielding 2-H. As for now, there's allot of thing they have to prioritize first, doing this is meaningless now and a selfish request with so many outstanding requirements.

Last but not least, if Blizzard is reading, not sure if they would read mine (long-winded), but I'll like to let them know the priority to set for the incoming patches.

Firstly, elemental damage effect (existed but removed at 1.03, unreasonable removal - might as well don't put the affix at all).
    Secondly, addition of new gem type, not grade (how hard is to 'balance' by increment of 1 in level? Balancing will be difficult for 'new' type, but it opens a whole lot of new gearing.
    Thirdly, maybe a selfish request, bow/xbow are balanced with quiver in consideration, but wizards and witch doctors can't dual wield, and cannot equip quiver either.

I see that all classes should have 3 ways to gear their character, weapon-wise, which is either 1-H + Shield, 1-H x 2, 2-H. Wizard and Witch doctors have their dual wielding removed in place of off-hand item, but quiver which is included in range 2-h weapon are also denied.
    Demon hunter's resources will act as a damper to hinder the number of affix in off-hand for them, but at least they will not be so weak when they couldn't have any off-hand.
    Try comparing Skorn and Manticore and the latter always have DML as defend to counter-balance.
    this thread is nothing better than troll. I like barb I play barb and didn't like this idea. Mighty weapons are just okay. two-handed weapons are meant to be two-handed. If you are really thinking about this since may 15th you don't have a life or something ?
    Why is around here that when ever an OP creates a topic that another player doesnt agree with the OP all of a sudden is considered trolling... I also remember this being a feature of Diablo 2 and agree it should be brought back. Blizz needs to get away from the notion that every class has to be balanced; they dont. Every class should have their strong suit (and flaws) which makes them unique and interesting to play with. This used to be an aspect of an Barb that made using one unique from other classes.
    ^because internet nurtures rudeness.
    hmmm...

this is how it should be ...something you cant get with any other class... something that makes you actually want to roll a diffrent class..instread of just using its gear/sets

Monks can use multiple mantras at once
    DH can have an extra leg quiver and maybe a higher base movement speed.
    A Wiz have ..(whatever make a wiz special lol)
    WD can raise slain enemies like the necro could (that retain their DPS and affixes). its a witch doctor isnt it that what they do?
    Barb can duel weild
    etc.

Simple fact is, it was in Diablo 2, and it will work in Diablo 3, people have already stated facts for this, and i have yet to see a constructive response against this

What facts? D2 and D3 have a lot of differences. How do you know it'll work in D3 because it worked in D2? The people you refer to are just offering opinions on how to reduce stats from 2handers to keep the balance. Even if they get right (I highly doubt it), what's the point? All that matters in D3 is stats from your gear, and if duel wielding 2handers give the same stats as 1handers, why do it except trying to look cool?
    I HAVE A GREAT SUGGESTION (i think).

Blizzard, you should add 1 more passive skill for barbarians which allows your character to dual wield 2 two-handed weapons AT THE EXPENSE OF having half the amount of Fury.

That way, it's not exactly overpowered and die-hard D2 fans can get their fix. PLZ consider!!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you might not be able to use some skills with half Fury, so maybe just 25% less Fury and 5% less movement speed?
    ZingyDNA: "All that matters in D3 is stats from your gear, and if duel wielding 2handers give the same stats as 1handers, why do it except trying to look cool?"

I don't see why not. After all, without visuals an RPG is simply numbers and data. Looks are what transcend an RPG into something amazing and aesthetically pleasing. PERIOD.
    I think it could be possible. But would require a LOT of testing and tweaking to try and achieve the proper balance.
    I HAVE A GREAT SUGGESTION (i think).

Blizzard, you should add 1 more passive skill for barbarians which allows your character to dual wield 2 two-handed weapons AT THE EXPENSE OF having half the amount of Fury.

That way, it's not exactly overpowered and die-hard D2 fans can get their fix. PLZ consider!!

EDIT: Now that I think about it, you might not be able to use some skills with half Fury, so maybe just 25% less Fury and 5% less movement speed?

Maybe disable Splint and Leap for barb and everything is good to go. Looks good in diabloprogress, cannot spin indefinitely to win, cannot have effective movement, but at least it somewhat different that the usual play out.