Sooo...Barbs forgot how to dual weild?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 18 Next

there isnt an equal ratio between quantity of weapons and effectiveness of the weapon. you cant just use a second one to make up for the deficencies in them both.

there are pros and cons in everything.

but not in equal ratio. assuming you could lift it, you wouldnt use a halberd as a giant 1 handed axe because you could never hit anything with it. the barb might be able to, but he would be so much more effective if he used 2 hands that its not worth the extra weapon.
01/28/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Keltest
plus, the way damage is calculated, 2h weps roll most things higher than 1h weps specifically BECAUSE you cant dual wield them or use them with an offhand. you would have to cripple 2h weps

lol the irony.

even if you completely ignore the stupidity of a barb running around with a pair of massive tree trunks.

2 handers aren't that obnoxious.
This is 2 handed dual wielding in WoW. ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbjDl4TWKsE

because its completely unrealistic

The game has no realism to it at all. It fails to immerse the player and suspend the fact that it's unrealistic so this argument is piss poor.

Demon Hunters shouldnt be able to dual-wield bows or crossbows, monks shouldnt be able to dial wield diabos. you need two hands to use them properly. period.

Dual wielding axes, maces, and swords is way different from thick staves and crossbows. Surely you understand this??

there are pros and cons in everything.

but not in equal ratio. assuming you could lift it, you wouldnt use a halberd as a giant 1 handed axe because you could never hit anything with it. the barb might be able to, but he would be so much more effective if he used 2 hands that its not worth the extra weapon.

maybe not with a halberd, but with a different 2h weapon like a sword.
01/28/2013 06:02 AMPosted by n0rain
Dual wielding axes, maces, and swords is way different from thick staves and crossbows. Surely you understand this??

and dual wielding tree trunks and similarly sized weapons is also different. also, staves arent particularly thick.

its a similar deal. if the sword isnt specially designed (basically if it isnt a bastard sword) then it wont handle particularly well. its not impossible for him to pick it up and hit people with it, but as far as weapon quality goes, it would be pretty poor.
01/28/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Keltest

and dual wielding tree trunks and similarly sized weapons is also different. also, staves arent particularly thick.

!@#$ing troll. Go away.

its a similar deal. if the sword isnt specially designed (basically if it isnt a bastard sword) then it wont handle particularly well. its not impossible for him to pick it up and hit people with it, but as far as weapon quality goes, it would be pretty poor.

should be no problem regarding balance issues if they were to implement this then.
01/28/2013 06:10 AMPosted by n0rain

!@#$ing troll. Go away.

im sorry using *gasp* logic makes me a troll. try thinking next time you argue with someone, i hear it helps.
Is this a real post - I'm a barb - and I get decent dps with a stormshield - let alone dual wielding two two handed swords.
01/27/2013 09:13 PMPosted by ViciousPanda
I think monks should get two pairs of gloves. I mean, male monks are bald. This causes us to get cold and it's hard to generate spirit when you're cold. Two pairs of gloves would help.

female monk isnt but now that u mention it it would be cool if she was
01/28/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Keltest
and dual wielding tree trunks and similarly sized weapons is also different.

Logic? this is LOGIC?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/axe-2h/

Please impart your great logic troll? I plead with you to show me a sword, axe or mace in the list of two-handed weapons that look like tree trunks? Oh you can't? That's right. Equating a weapon to a tree trunk isn't logical. Good show troll.

01/28/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Keltest
also, staves arent particularly thick.

Daibo's in Diablo 3 are just thick staves. It was a reference to a Daibo. You are too dense to see that though.

01/28/2013 06:14 AMPosted by Keltest
im sorry using *gasp* logic makes me a troll. try thinking next time you argue with someone, i hear it helps.

You aren't using logic at all. You are just disagreeing for the hell of it. There is no reasoning to your madness.

This is basically what you are doing. ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S6Ndf53_xs
01/28/2013 06:27 AMPosted by n0rain
Please impart your great logic troll? I plead with you to show me a sword, axe or mace in the list of two-handed weapons that look like tree trunks? Oh you can't? That's right. Equating a weapon to a tree trunk isn't logical. Good show troll.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/petrified-trunk
They way they currently have the gear set up, dual wielding 2 skorns even with a 50% dmg reduction for have 2 handed weapons would make barbs extremely OP with the Crit dmg. Thats a max crit dmg of 620 from 2 weapons. Would mean that with other gear such as rings (100), amulet (100), gloves (50), and belt (50) a barb would be able to have 920 crit dmg. And with a barb being able to have extremely high crit chance, this would mean they would be gods.

Also crit dmg aside, 12% LS from 2 weapons coupled with 3% from passive, and 3% from belt and without any other lifesteal added, that puts them at 18% lifesteal and with that much lifesteal, they wouldnt be able to die at all.

Stats are the other thing that makes it unfair but that was how it was in d2 so cant argue about that. Reasons barbs were OP in D2 is because they had gear meant for them, pallys had gear meant for them, wizards, zon and necro all had gear that was specific to them that made it easy to create a nice balance and it became the runewards or just blues and rares that made you OP for a certain build.

I think it would be great if they added lifesteal to rings and gloves like in D2 so if we wanted to go that route, we could make sure we dont die.

But the way they are set up, barbs should not be aloud to dual wield.
01/28/2013 06:28 AMPosted by Keltest

Lol! That's a large stick. Nice try.
01/28/2013 06:31 AMPosted by n0rain

Lol! That's a large stick. Nice try.

dude, the name is literally petrified trunk. look at the in game model. its practically bigger than the barb. its bigger than some tree models in game.
What are you talking about mighty weapons feel great.
Go for higher dmg or more attributes dual wielding one handers...can't have your cake and eat it too...it's called decision making and weighing of attributes.
D2 they could only dual wield one type of weapon: swords, so stop saying they could dual wield weapons. Am I the only one who thinks a 500 str, 6% ls, 300% crit damage stat stick would be OP?
Blizzard, I want a Skorn and a Boulder Breaker in each hand. Make it so.
dude, the name is literally petrified trunk

with this failed logic I can call a donkey an airplane and it would qualify as an airplane.

01/28/2013 06:32 AMPosted by Keltest
look at the in game model. its practically bigger than the barb. its bigger than some tree models in game.

Not even close. dood stalp trolling!