Sold my first 100million item on Gold AH... this is BS

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 10 Next
01/27/2013 04:10 PMPosted by Herbdoctor
I would like to see the explanation from a blue. The truth. not some cop-out remark.
It's a gold sink. You don't need a blue response ... that's the answer. It's to ensure gold remains valuable as a trade commodity.
You sold an item for 100mil and now you're wondering why you couldn't get that extra 15%?

Is that why this post is here. Well, first, your question has been answered. Second, 15 mil is a pinch in the bucket not really worth posting about.

Congrats. In the words of Paulie Walnuts, welcome to the NFL rookie =)
.. this statement left me totally speechless. Talk about irony.

Enlighten us, on great genius, how exactly does taxing gold make money for Blizzard?

This response made me sad. I'll try to keep it simple so those with like mind's can understand.

I sell on AH for 100 mill, i get 85, blizz gets 15 got that?

Blizz sells 15 on rmah to buyer for real money. Blizz makes money.

No end of stupidity on forums.
Given that gold can be purchased from the RMAH, what percentage of the gold used in the GAH do you think was purchased with cash?

They're double-dipping. It's just a way to make more money.

Enlighten us, on great genius, how exactly does taxing gold make money for Blizzard?

This response made me sad. I'll try to keep it simple so those with like mind's can understand.

You are right about the last statement at least.

This post is really turning out to be a riot of laughs.
You didnt have to sell it in the AH, you could have sold it via trade chat and sold it for %15 less gold :)

right...and its like, they really need to get the 15% tax from gold auctions to sell gold on rmah (as if they would ever do that)...No way Blizzard could just, like make gold appear from out of nowhere..like magic..could they?

I would end it here, if I were you, before you make the OP look like a financial genius.
Without the gold sink via tax preventing even more inflation than what we have now, your 100M without the tax would get you less than your 85M now.

Aren't you thankful?
IF i was evil:
and i had intention on scamming public through shuffling an economy of one state and creating an alternative sale to my benefit i would do the following:

-charge a person 15% tax on a successful sale of an item and call it transaction fee,
-take that transaction fee and enroll it into RMAH and sell for the price i desire.

i could put twist to this method so many ways one could never find

-> i havent "Created" gold for sale, i simply exchanged my transaction from gold to real money...

life would be a walk on a beach

and that my friend, if only i was "evil" :D
It's a gold sink. Plain and simple.

As for the thread starter: Get over it. If you got a problem with the 15% taxation, then use the trade window so you get the full price for what you think the item is worth.
Obamacare!!! Someone has to pay for it lol.
Even the game of monopoly has taxes and fees to keep the in game economy rolling. Without a system of taxes, you would run around the board collecting 200 dollars for passing go every couple turns until the values printed on the board mean nothing compared to the amount of money in the system.

/facepalm

Unless you're trolling (which I truly hope you are) this is probably the dumbest comment I've ever read on a forum.

/facepalm

I find it plausible. What's wrong with Blizzard processing the gold into money? Granted I think they said they have the gold sink to take gold out of the auction house. If they were selling the gold back for money, that wouldn't work. Unless the illusion of it being removed from the GAH keeps it down in a way that isn't perceivable while still selling it back for money.
They took the 15%, then respread it over the monsters for you to loot it back.
01/27/2013 04:05 PMPosted by hawkeye
In the merry world of on-line gaming it it otherwise known as a gold sink.
Well then dont sell on the auction house if you dont like it and risk getting scammed by ingame traders and that. Just think its 100m you didnt have or whatever you get after the cut. If you spend wise that can gear up quite well. So Quit being such a qq and get back to gaming... :)

When ever i sell items i look at what i want and add it in with the % cut so i know what i will be getting i guess only smart people do such things....