What heavenly aspect would you represent?

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 13 14 15 Next
Valor.

Because sometimes I can be just as likable as Imperius...

Or maybe because there is little left to fear.
MVP FAQ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716#2
Auction House!
Reason.

It's what I do, and live for. Each day is a new battle against those pesky things people call "feelings". And yet without reason there could be no justice less there be only arbitrary rules; there could be no valor without the ability to critically analyze which side is worth fighting for; there could be no hope for there would be nothing recognizable beyond a moment's foresight; and finally there would be no wisdom without reason to seek and obtain knowledge beyond the senses.

In fact, the only thing which reason cannot subvert is the power of Fate. For any path you walk is the one which you were always meant to walk, and reason alone cannot help choose between paths without presupposing free will. And to make such a presupposition deny's fate altogether.

But since fate exists in the council, there cannot be free will. Only events that have happened, are happening, and are yet to come...

This was much deeper than what a lot of people post on here. Did you quote this or were these all your own thoughts? I want to compliment your attempt at being profound. I somewhat disagree with your love of reason though. I believe that deeper understanding/wisdom is more important than reason/knowledge and that in fact reason has its limits. Still, yours was a good post though.

Kudos to you.

Thank you for your kind words. That was not a quote, I took a few minutes to collect my thoughts and decided what I would be. I agree that one must strive for deeper understanding of any subject at hand, and reason in-itself does have its limits.

However, reason, and particularly the study of logic and inference (i.e. - philosophy), is ultimately what guides us to obtaining such wisdom in any given discipline or aspect of our lives. Wisdom, for myself at least, is the product of one's gradual mastery over their chosen subject. This is a feat that cannot be done without reason to point the pursuer to the right paths they can take, maybe some people have intuitions on the matter (like gut feelings where 'this' is the way and not 'that') but for the most part I think the generalization holds. Nevertheless I think wisdom it's the little insights we garner while pursuing our study or experiencing life, without reason to recognize them they are lost until someone else does.
Aspect of valor!
Murphy.

I'm the one who screws with your stats. I'm the one who puts the high int on that legendary hand crossbow.

What?

Someone has to mess with the works. Keeps the Angiris council in business.
wisdom
I would take Tyrael's old spot as Justice, because I always enjoy watching a-holes being made to suffer.
02/03/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Scorch
I would take Tyrael's old spot as Justice, because I always enjoy watching a-holes being made to suffer.

But as the aspect of Justice you can't actually enjoy watching "a-holes" suffer. Part of being 'just' is being able to remain impartial to the circumstances of the situation in question. So if you enjoyed the suffering of another person (however deserved), then you wouldn't be impartial. If you are not impartial, then you cannot be 'just' let alone the aspect/embodiment of Justice.

Alternatively, if you were motivated by malice (in the sense that you enjoyed punishing people for "just cause"), then it wouldn't be hard to imagine that there is something fundamentally flawed in your character. That would also prevent you from being an aspect of Justice since you aren't acting in line with a "just" character.

I may have over thought your statement...
Hope!
Because hope is what keeps people going.
Without hope we are qall doomed.
Fate
Hey blizzard how about you fix your broken game that's still in beta before making useless threads like this.
All things have a price. Justice is served, always.
Loyalty
I Would stand for valor in the face of adversity no mater the cost !!!
Hope,
that you blues would stop posting about random crap and actually start posting on stuff relevant to this game.
We don't care where you would live in the game or what ever other kind of crap you can think of. We just want to know about changes and fixes and other things you might be doing or adding to Diablo 3.
We are your customers, not your friends so cut the crap with the cute comments instead of ignoring all the other more relevant post on these forums.
I understand there is a lot of QQing and bashing on these forums, but hey at least comment on the legitimate ones from time to time.
I have never seen a game where it takes sometimes days for GMs or Devs to post on a forum and when they finally do its just 1 or 2 post before the next break and 90% of the time its borderline idiotic.
Way to piss off some of your remaining customers.
I want to love this game but jesus you guys make it hard.

Agreed here mate. Been playing the diablo franchise for an absolute age now. The way in which this game is being run is pretty woeful. Absolutely no point to the game after your 1000th hellfire ring and countless hours "TRYING" to magic find with no end product.

Not to mention this new patch is some distance off what i assumed "dueling" would be when they were initially releasing Diablo 3. I still cant understand how a game, meant to be a sequel to the last, has half the amount of activities you can do. Atleast with the last game it was fun when you lvl'd at any stage, because u could change your stat points. With this game, you get 3% of absolutely pointless increase MF, when MF means squat in this game.
I would enter the council as a new aspect. I would be the aspect of Temperance. I would be the mediator between all of the council members. And I would stand for equality for all. And to make sure that every good deed done by heaven is done is for the greater benefit of all man and angel kind, and not just to glorify heaven's name.

I would also have restraint and not let any emotions get in the way of any decisions or actions that needed to be made. And would also make sure ( to the best of my ability) that none of the other council members let their emotions get the better of them.
02/06/2013 09:11 AMPosted by Oleary6669
I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT FORUM, BUT SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THE LVLING UP SYSTEM IN DIABLO. D2 YOU COULD CREATE AT LEAST 2 OR 3 CHARACTERS oF THE SAME CLASS AND THEY COULD BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. D3 THERES ABSOLUTELY NO POINT IN HAvING MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER OF THE SAME CLASS CUZZ ALL UR SKILLS ARE GIVEN TO YOU. THIS IS A HUGE BACKSTEP IN DIABLO.!!!!!!

9000000% what i think is the main problem in this game. This leads to ZERO build diversity. Everyone's levl 60 character is exactly the same as another persons level 60 character unequipped.

Therefor there is absolutely no personal feel or personality to your characters. it has basically caused everything that is wrong with this game. It was obviously implemented so that the game was about getting high end gear, and therefor making the auction house a necessary means of getting items, and then $$$$$$.