RD change in PTR (1.30.13)

Wizard

Monsters

Damage reflected back from the Reflects Damage affix should now be capped at 10% of the monster’s current health pool (overkill damage is not considered in the reflect)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/ (red text = 1.30.13 changes)

Wording is a bit vague. Tested a tiny bit vs. it and it does seem weaker. I might be imagining things though, because I haven't done any *real* testing.

Meaningful change, or totally ignore-worthy?

edit: PTR not live
I'm more disconcerted at seeing higher % numbers in red in the Monk notes and not a damn thing for us.
@Alleso: as expected, it brings no effect to CM Wiz at higher MP level. Each our hit deals less than 10% of the monster's hp anyway. This should be a huge RD nerf on lower MP for other build like archon or other classes with fat hit (HoTA Barb, WoL or 2H Monk, DH, etc)

Oh the new graphic animation for RD is a lot flashier now!

01/30/2013 09:07 PMPosted by DoctorDoom
I'm more disconcerted at seeing higher % numbers in red in the Monk notes and not a damn thing for us.

Well, to be fair, at the current state Monk is a lot more broken than Wiz.
i don't understand their mean
1./100k or 500k dps same reflect ?
2./monter with higher HP is higher reflect?
it just means monsters won't reflect as much when they're almost dead. For example if you have a Sever, the last hit will be huge and you would kill yourself even if you were at full health.
it means you can't possible receive more reflect damage than what a monster has for hp/10.

eg: if you had 500k dps, 1.0 as and cast 1 meteor to crit for 550% dmg
= 10.725m damage.

if you hit sb with that amount of damage and sb has > 10.725m hp, you get reflected with 10.725m dmg before mitigation.

if you hit some rare minion with 50k hp, then you get reflected no more than 5k dmg before mitigation

---
so in otherwords, it makes sense. if you kill yourself on higher mp mobs due to reflect ,then scale down the mp levels until mobs are lower in hp
Does this mean if you crit for 200k on a RD mob with 1M hp, you only get 100k's worth of damage reflected back at you?
01/30/2013 11:13 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Does this mean if you crit for 200k on a RD mob with 1M hp, you only get 100k's worth of damage reflected back at you?
yes
01/30/2013 11:13 PMPosted by ChangBooster

Max 100k, not necessarily 100k. And your next hit for let's say 100k to the same monster who now has 800k hp can reflect 80k back at you at most.
wow, that + the aura. way bigger nerf than i expected.
I dont know what they did, but RD does hardly any damage now compared to last patch.
01/30/2013 11:54 PMPosted by Aphraell
I dont know what they did, but RD does hardly any damage now compared to last patch.

You mean within PTR, right? I.e. you aren't saying 1.07 is much easier than 1.06, per se, but instead 1.07now is much easier than 1.07before? Know'm sayin?
Saying the latest patch of 1.07 killed RD damage over last patch 1.07.
Yep, we're on the same page then. I thought I was perhaps fooling myself and imagining things, but I guess not. Only ran into a couple packs, but they were much easier than I remember them being when I first tested out the PTR for a longer period of time on release day.
Doing mp10 atm:

40 Elites - 10 Demonic essences
That's not far off from the published drop rate. Seems to be working as intended. Don't know why they nerfed the rate so hard for high mp though. It makes mp0 the best place to farm DE. Why not scale the drop rate with hit points?
Sounds like the best way to farm is on vota with a team of 4 where each individual pulls 2 packs to the bottom and all meetup.
With the current way RD is, Archon is going to be really really viable.....

Btw those who converted to Zuni, you may regret it, as the new crafted bracers are really really good. But you need to be able to afford to drop your Lacunis as a SNS wizard to maintain at least 2.73 AS, be hard to do that wearing Zuni chest and Pox.
PTR Bug Fixes
◦Monsters
■Damage reflected back from the Reflects Damage affix should now be capped at 10% of the monster’s current health pool (overkill damage is not considered in the reflect)

"Current" lolz
aph, you tried archon in ptr against rd? how about cm/sns against rd/elec? how was it?