Barb vs Demon Hunter....

General Discussion
I dont mean to bring up what I am SURE has been tossed around long ago... but I am just curious....

If Demon Hunters get to use a 2 handed crossbow AND use a quiver.... shouldnt Barbs be able to have a sheath with our two handed weapons???
Barb gets lifesteal on belt. OMG GIVE DEMON HUNTER LIFESTEAL ON BELT TOO!
02/06/2013 10:56 PMPosted by okComputer
Barb gets lifesteal on belt. OMG GIVE DEMON HUNTER LIFESTEAL ON BELT TOO!

Sure. As long as it can't spawn on a witching hour or inna's belt.
IBF diablo 4 announcement that there will be a single playable class that has taken all the popular attributes from characters past and been made into one. This class will be known as god class. It will be online based only and once you log in and name your character there will be one button to help simplify gameplay for new comers to the series. It will be labeled Win.
02/06/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Joemama
IBF diablo 4 announcement that there will be a single playable class that has taken all the popular attributes from characters past and been made into one. This class will be known as god class. It will be online based only and once you log in and name your character there will be one button to help simplify gameplay for new comers to the series. It will be labeled Win.

There is already the class that you describe. I think it is called Barbarian.
Sounds like a great idea. Im already starting to roll a barb.
Sighs such a noob statement......

1 Barbs get a automatically given 30 % Dr .... NN more buffs fool...

second

barbs get LS belts....

so Shhh fool barbs are OP enough
Why not Op just request for Barb to have all in one? All skills that other classes have, it will have it, and can use all weapons from all class.

Enough buff on barb.
we spend more than 30% more of the time next to enemies so we need the DR and LS.
Barbarians is a melee class, close combat warriors, they are prone to take more damage than range classes, thus needs more survivability.
(Monks got Serenity and life per spirit)

Enough with the LS belt already.
Barbarians is a melee class, close combat warriors, they are prone to take more damage than range classes, thus needs more survivability.
(Monks got Serenity and life per spirit)

Enough with the LS belt already.

Nice profile. But even if you got another real one i'm 100% sure you never played other class then barb.

In D3 and on high mp there is no way to keep combat ranged without kiting or crowd controlling. And guess what, for kiting and crowd controlling ranged classes MUST set skills, runes and passives which are far less effective then combat ones. Thus if we want to keep combat ranged we will deal about half or even less damage we usually deal. On the other hand we can melee combat but for few seconds because it requires some skills like Smoke Screen on DH so mobs won't attack us all the time.

Summation. All classes need survalibility. Ranged ones is not an exception. We, in fact, can only attack mobs about second before they already near us. And for that little advantage we pay with -30% damage reduction and very little life steal compared to barbs. On lower mp the dps is critical so yes we can handle them nice but when it comes to high mp invincible barb is better.

To be honest i got nothing against barb class itself. But i can't understand why in rpg class game with 5 classes only 1 is able to solo do MP10, ubers, fastest farm for exp and because of ww build can with one button faceroll anything.
02/07/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Doherty
we spend more than 30% more of the time next to enemies so we need the DR and LS.

Don't barbs just spin through everyone? I think my WD is in melee range spamming bears more often than the spinning barbs.
I dont mean to bring up what I am SURE has been tossed around long ago... but I am just curious....

If Demon Hunters get to use a 2 handed crossbow AND use a quiver.... shouldnt Barbs be able to have a sheath with our two handed weapons???

There are holsters for pretty much every weapon. How many hands you have at this point is irrelevant. You might as well say players dual-wielding should get to equip two holster-type items.

You must be out to trick some people! Have fun I guess.
02/07/2013 03:31 AMPosted by Jkan
Nice profile. But even if you got another real one i'm 100% sure you never played other class then barb.

I've played all classes. I got one of each at level 60+ of each gender.

02/07/2013 03:31 AMPosted by Jkan
On the other hand we can melee combat but for few seconds because it requires some skills like Smoke Screen on DH so mobs won't attack us all the time.

Funny that you bring up Demon Hunters considering they got 15%LS skill with 30% damage reduction.

Summation. All classes need survalibility. Ranged ones is not an exception.

I never said range classes didn't need survivability, I said that melee classes needs more.

- Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that Barbarians aren't an easy class, but all I see is nerf this or nerf that. Why not bring the other classes up to par with the Barbarian? Why must things be nerfed and not buffed if something is wrong or unbalanced?

If Blizzard chose to remove LS from belt, I would just get a LS weapon instead, no big deal, but that wouldn't be good enough for the complainers either, because Barbarians still got a 3% LS passive.. NERF!

Besides, see how much 3% LS on belt will help the Barbarian once dueling is released, or any future actual PvP patch.
02/07/2013 04:03 AMPosted by Failboat
Funny that you bring up Demon Hunters considering they got 15%LS skill with 30% damage reduction.

Yes we got that skill and everyone that saying we are OP not barbs telling that this skill is unbalanced. But they all doesn't take into account that this is skill, not passive nor equipment. To use this skill we use nearly half of our discipline which regen very slow. I don't see anything unbalanced in it. DH with Dexterity as main attribute got worst defense and because we usually use 2H (dual wielding with new patch will be nerfed even more) we can gain only 3% LS (maximum LS on 2H ranged weapon) which is nerfed on Inferno.

02/07/2013 04:03 AMPosted by Failboat
Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that Barbarians aren't an easy class, but all I see is nerf this or nerf that. Why not bring the other classes up to par with the Barbarian? Why must things be nerfed and not buffed if something is wrong or unbalanced?

I understand you, dude. But it's Blizzard policy. Look at previous patches changelogs. They nerfed everything wrong and unbalanced with other classes and what about Barb? They buffed his skills even more. Double standarts?
Classes have different design. You can't just pick and choose one specific area and cry foul because it's not a fair assessment of the overall class.

Why do Wizards get a passive with a 15% damage bonus and a drawback while monks get a power with 15% damage bonus and a benefit?

Why can't a wizard equip a quiver in addition to their wand and orb?
Quivers are hands free and don't impede their ability to cast. There is nothing that states the quiver imbues arrows with bonuses, especially since the vitality bonus is always in effect. It's simply a magical item like boots or a hat.