Need help becoming a DT Barb

Barbarian
Ive been playing this game for fun since launch. Ive never played Diablo 2 which is probably why I love this game so much. I just recently started really reading and trying to understand the concepts of being a DT barb and want to focus on that. I have and will never spend money on the RMAH and have never bought anything worth more then a couple million gold on the GAH. I have geared myself without paying much attention and now want to climb out of the hole I created and start gearing smarter and towards a DT barb. I have a cheap cheap budget and have the patience to repair myself one piece of gear at a time. Looking at my setup, which piece would you replace first keeping in mind I have 2 million in gold right now. Im willing to sell some gear off my other toons to focus more on my barb as I have all classes to 60 so I can make better use of drops. I read a lot about the theories and have some idea where I need to go but I wanted to put it out to the community cause there are a ton of smart people out here. thanks!
As a ww barb you need crit chance for fury regen. Lacuni's are nice end-game bracers, but if you cant afford ones with crit chance they arent worth it. Get a nice pair of rares or Strongarm.

Also, its cool your ammy has crit dmg, but again crit chance is much more useful. Personally, you might want to wait until 1.07 to try roll a BOA ammy, or you could just buy one. Your call. But going from 5.5 crit chance to say, 9+ crit chance on the ammy will make an immediate big difference.

Also, one of the big perks of barb is that we can use Mighty Belts, which can roll up to 3% life steal. You can get IK Tribal Binding pretty cheap, although def take a look at the leg/rare ones too depending on your budget.
I do have a Lamentation with 97 str, 2.8% LS, 1.0 CC, and 11% to bash damage. I also have Strongarm Bracers with 159str, 9%life, 234 Armor, 4.5%CC, and 4.8% knock on hit. Should I start wearing these? until I can find something better?

Thanks for the help!
If you cant permawrath, I would spend the entire budget to make it possible. With your cc and IAS you should be able to with the right dual wield weapons. Skorn requires alot more ias to make permawrath consistent.

Faster farming = more drops = faster upgrades.

Here are my opinions on optimal dual wield weapons: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248#3
If you cant permawrath, I would spend the entire budget to make it possible. With your cc and IAS you should be able to with the right dual wield weapons. Skorn requires alot more ias to make permawrath consistent.

Here are my opinions on optimal dual wield weapons: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248#3

Ive read your posts and they have helped me tremendously. Thanks! Would you recommend changing any of my active or passive skills?
I would get a IK belt with 190 str 80 vit first and then drop the skorn for 2 1handers axe or mace MH and Life Steal sword or dagger OH. You could do all this with your gold to start, for the weapons you could go with no sockets just to begin with, 90+ crit dmg and what ever str you can get for your budget. This can be a good way to start cheap because you dont need gems to put in them and the price should be low. If you have been reading you will know that the OH dps is not important and attack speed is a boon to the build.

Good luck, fellow Old Timer.

Thanks so much! I will look into this. Sounds like Im not too far away from where I need to be.
Probably best to start off with EHP. Your AR is pretty low, 300 is not really where you want to be. Luckily you have several slots where you can pick up AR pretty inexpensively. Your belt and shoulders are a good place to start, you will lose STR but should be able to pick up a good amount of AR for pretty cheap. I'd look for rare shoulders with 180+ str, 100+ VIT, and 70 AR to start. You can also replace some/all of the VIT with life%, that will give you some more options to choose from. Just remember that 1% is about equal to 10 VIT, as long as you have at least 35k hp.

For your belt, you can stick with a rare belt or just go to an Immortal King's belt. IK belts are not very expensive on the low end, but it doesn't have a guaranteed VIT roll. I'd see about getting something with 90-100 str, and maybe 70 VIT. IK belts always come with lifesteal and at least 70 AR as well. After you get both of those pieces I'd recommend saving up for a decent STR mempo. Aim for 170 str minimum. Other stats on it won't matter too much because it has a lot of guaranteed rolls, you will get at least 10% life, 70 AR, 8 IAS and a socket. Once you switch to a mempo you will need to replace your amulet. Amulets can roll up to 10% crit chance, so get 9CC or better, then worry about other stats. You should be able to get a 9cc, 40+CD, str amulet for relatively cheap.

After that, your next upgrade will be weapons. Now on a budget there's a few tricks you can use to get decent weapons for cheap: first, don't bother with sockets. Weapons without sockets aren't that desirable so they are normally pretty cheap. Plus, since you're on a budget a socket isn't going to be as valuable to you since you won't have a lot of money to spend on good gems. Aim for a 1h mace or axe, no IAS. You want str and crit damage, and as much dps as possible (make sure it has no IAS though, because that actually makes a worse MH for WW).

For your offhand you have a couple of options: you can go with a fast offhand, meaning a sword or dagger. You will want life on hit, str, and crit damage. Again, skip the socket. BUT! You can also save up a little bit of cash (1m should be more than enough) and get an Echoing Fury. Again, no socket. Aim for str, life steal or life on hit. Even a cheap EF will actually give you a good dps boost because of the APS bonus on the weapon.

Ive read your posts and they have helped me tremendously. Thanks! Would you recommend changing any of my active or passive skills?

with low ar you need a defensive skill like warcry or overpower:crushing advance. I would rather spend money to be able to permawrath than upgrade AR. 4 slots of AR is probably fine for mp0-1. If you use warcry, maybe even mp2.

I'd also get a gem in the helm and drop the hellfire. If hellfires dont have cc or 8ias+ i don't like them.