Auction House Error: Unreturned Gold

Bug Report
Placed a bid of 31.4m for a item, after a delay a message appeared stating that due to heavy server load the bid could not be processed. That was approximately 36 hours ago and the gold has yet to be returned to my account.

Glancing at the recent topics of this forum, apparently this is not an uncommon experience. I wonder if it is merely an error, or if the Auction Houses are being sabotaged?
02/01/2013 02:24 PMPosted by Omrakos
The AH issues are being worked on but there's no ETA at this time as to when they'll be resolved. That's all the info we have right now. No one has lost items or gold though, transactions are just being delayed much longer than people are accustomed to.

However, if you haven't received your item/gold/money after 72 hours, you should put in a support ticket ( ), as directed by the sticky:

"Choose from a list of pre-defined topics", "I have an issue with a purchase or payment.",
Gold Auction House: "My purchase or payment issue is not listed here."
Real Money Auction House: "I have an issue with a Real Money Auction House purchase."

If the ticket team tries to send you anywhere else for support on auction house issues, ask them to escalate your ticket to the appropriate team.
The issue has been resolved. Curiosity about the cause of it remains, and whether that has been resolved as well.