Will Diablo3 Survive until the Expansion??

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 19 Next
Diablo 3 won't survive, because it IS dead already.

However, just like your character, games can be revived. I think quite a few people, who have already abandoned Diablo 3 long ago, would buy a new expansion anyway, hoping that this mess gets fixed.

Luckily, by now Blizzard has understood the overly vocal message of the community that nobody wants innovation. What seemingly everyone wants is simply same-old D2 with the D3 engine.

I think what will be very different than launch is the amount of pre-orders. I for one will wait for player (not editor) reviews, as I don't want to be as cataclysmically disappointed as I was with D3 at launch.

I guess I'm the fool for getting my expectations so absurdly high over the decade of development, expecting an 11.0/10 game, but instead was delivered a 5.0/10 at best, with the promise to make it "the best game in the franchise" over time. But with how great D2 came to be over the years, can you blame me for expecting Blizzard to use that as the authoritative standard, instead of backsliding into this current mess?
Breaking from grinding 99-100 paragon level and have read replies. Alot of good points people are making on both sides of the question. I believe if they upgrade the battle.net 2.0 to something similiar in my original post where i have posted a url for some examples of how it can be like then diablo3 stands alot better chance of making it to expansion with alot of veterans still playing but if not then we shall see..... what happens...
Time to pay attention to SuperBowl 47
Diablo 3 still doing well, remember this game is almost 8 months old.

I am 100% sure OP still play and will buy expansion if it still take another 10 months.
This has to be the worst community I've ever seen. If something hurts this game more than anything, it's the whiny, entitled babies so prevalent in this thread. The constructive posts are great, but my god, I've never seen so many people flat out bashing D3, and patting each other on the back for regurgitating the same tired arguments.

Want to play a fun game? Look at how many hours the majority of the troll/d3-hate posters have logged in this game. They pay $60 for a game, get 1000's of hours of entertainment out of it, then come cry about how this game is dying and they are owed something. What a bunch of whiny, entitled babies. Go enjoy PoE, until the same issues of terrible community arise, and watch the same thing happen again. You are a miserable, disgusting generation.
@Ohreallyy

My thread is not a QQ/whine thread. I gave my opinion about what Diablo 3 is lacking, i still play diablo3 either way. For you to sit there and take people who critisize blizzard about D3, personell is not necesarry at all.

Miserable disgusting generation? WoW dude... lol take it easy buddy go play your wow and stay out of these forums, some of us are encouraging blizzard to bring some changes into diablo 3 so it can reach its potential because its lacking in alot of areas. After all blizzard is encouraging us to give them feedback and most of us are giving constructive critisizm or ideas and yea of course there will be trolls who qq/whine and are you any better whining about whiners? (LoL).
I think a lot of people have the, "fool me once" attitude about this game and the expansion. So unless the expansion is gonna be a game changer, for the better then they should just release all future content in patches and hotfixes. I say this because even if the expansion redoes everything the game promised at release and more people will still remember that. This said there is already proof that the majority will not buy the game until it is released and it is proven that the expansion is an upgrade and a fix to the game that we have now.
I should also add that there is a F2P game that is in the works and set to release this spring. What is it called? MARVEL HEROES. Who is making the game? David B. Yeah it is gonna be awesome.
So yes I think D3 will be around and can become the great game we all wanted and expected. But if it has to make a ton of money then that money should be from the sales of the original and ingame purchases. Remember, D3 was intended to be a game that you could cash out at any time and get real world money or credit you could use in the Blizzard store to buy products and game time in other Blizzard games. In a few months we should figure out how the taxes on people that made money playing D3 will be treated. Because the IRS always wants its cut. So who is gonna give them the money they are owed? Will Blizzard pay for D3 customer taxes or will they even turn over info on people that have made money from the RMAH? Will people that made the money willing pay taxes on this money? It is all so up in the air at this point in time.
i've personally quit the game but still have hopes for a come back ...

things I liked : beams of light from legds, smooth gameplay

Top 3 things I didn't like (cuz there are too many to list) : how easy it was for people to exploit unfairly (bots, dupes etc.), lack of community feel, RNG ( If i find a shako in d2 .. its a SHAKO, if i find a manticore in d3 90% of the time its a brimstone... that is if you can find one in the first place)

either way, I have hope .. but am too bored/disappointed to play d3 anymore

gl to those who still do
Unless huge changes are made I won't be coming back anytime soon. I'm going to go far enough to say I'm not buying the expansion. I used to eat, crap and dream Diablo 2 and as much as I want to love this game I just don't <\3

My sentiment exactly.
This has to be the worst community I've ever seen. If something hurts this game more than anything, it's the whiny, entitled babies so prevalent in this thread. The constructive posts are great, but my god, I've never seen so many people flat out bashing D3, and patting each other on the back for regurgitating the same tired arguments.

Want to play a fun game? Look at how many hours the majority of the troll/d3-hate posters have logged in this game. They pay $60 for a game, get 1000's of hours of entertainment out of it, then come cry about how this game is dying and they are owed something. What a bunch of whiny, entitled babies. Go enjoy PoE, until the same issues of terrible community arise, and watch the same thing happen again. You are a miserable, disgusting generation.

Then maybe Blizzard should stop marketing their games toward 13 year old boys.
What do you think? **Question** Will Diablo 3 Survive until the Expansion Pack??

Your opinion may be different then mine and i dont fault you for it so dont fault me for mine

The way its going i think Diablo 3 will be dead or close to it by the time the Expansion Pack is due to be released and here is why, hear me out please! before you judge. Thank you!

Diablo 3 is lacking a sense of community, there is no atmosphere where you can hang out and interact with other random people part of the community of diablo 3. The Team aspect in diablo 3 is almost completely absent from the game if it wasnt for Ubers. Everything you do in the game is repetative and gets very old quick and boring due to the fact that you do it by your self instead of with a team or friends because it seems like its way more efficiant to do it by your self. The only end-game aspect diablo 3 has is going to be "Player vs. Player" and everything you do in the game is ultimately going to lead to you dueling at some point or another. Blizzard can not fix these issues unless they attack the core of diablo 3 and gut out its insides and replace them with a strong foundation that is well constructed around a sense of community, team aspect, actual ability that allows uniq character builds and always keeping in mind that end-game aspects of diablo3 are very important.

Blizzard after you release Patch 1.07, stop worrieng about patches and boot out Jay wilson, if im not mistaken his still on the team until patch 1.07 is live? So yea as soon as your done with patch 1.07 hire a new Game Director whose going to start working on the expansion pack where the team can transform them selfs into "Ray Lewis" and tackle the Core of Diablo 3 in order to Create a Well Constructed foundation that injects diablo 3 with end-game success.

The road that diablo 3 has been on since its release is the road to failure unless these important issues are addressed! What keeps me playing is "Hope" and "Diablo part of my DNA" from a young age that keeps me hoping that diablo 3 will reach its potential because i hate to see a game with such badass graphics go to waste.

This is my Opinion and you may have yours. I am a veteran of the diablo franchise and i know what made previous versions successful because it kept me playing even today, 2013 since 1998 and im only 27 with alot more years left to game :P!

Leggo Blizzard lets operate on diablo 3 and gut out its core and replace it with a Well Constructed Foundation so diablo 3 can reach its potential! "FINALLY"

I also apolagize if there is any mistakes in "English" in this post due to english being my third language but that still is not an excuse i should make.

Great Examples to bring a Sense of Community to our Battle.net 2.0!
**********************Must See*********************

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/35494-new-battlenet-mockup/

-NeLLy

good post

will D3 survive till the expansion

yes it will simply because of the millions of copies sold they have the resources to complet the expansion

question is now that so many people are disapointed in D3 an feel ripped off and jerked around with all the promisses that never happened
how many sales will the expansion bring ?

my self feel that the 1st expansion should be given to us for free to make amands to the community that supported D3 since it was first announced to this date

one thing for sure for myself i will not perchase the expansion unless i can try it and i am not talking about trying it like we did in "beta" with the 1 hour long walk to the skeleton king
but trying it as in being able to at very least touch all the new things the expansion will bring
The expantion would have to be like the second comeing (insert here). But alas i think the damage is done alot of people will prob wait on it to see the reviews to see people that pick it up thoughts on it. Unlike other previous titles it wont be a impulse buy on brand image title. Provided there even is one. At this rate who knows.
my biggest concern is online play only hasn't been addressed. there is no loot drop rate, or usefulness being addressed, duping is absolutely ignored by the pathetic company and we're screaming for these to be dealt with.

buying the expansion only prolongs blizzard's choke hold on its players. they can change whatever they want whenever, and !@#$ on our faces anytime. we can't do anything about it.
i for one have been selling my stuff on the RMAH, got HOTS from it so far, and will continue.

no expansion for me.
I guess it depends on what you mean by "survive."

Blizzard has deep pockets, and D3 sold a lot of copies; they can afford to keep tweaking and patching around the margins for a long time. They also have a core of devoted fans who will continue to play, and to heap praise on everything that Blizzard do, regardless of its quality.

There are also a lot of players like me, who will not be sending another dime Blizzard's way until they acknowledge that D3 is a mess, and fix it. That will have to happen well before any xpac hits the shelves; they'll need to win back people like me as customers prior to trying to sell us their next product. If they wait for the xpac, and only then attempt to win us back, they'll have waited too long.

Their 1st D3 xpac (they had more than one planned, remember) will probably recoup its development costs, but without major changes and advance outreach to disappointed/alienated D2 fans, I'll be surprised if it sells enough copies to warrant a 2nd xpac. The console port may be off the table, too, along with any possibility of D4.

So, yes D3 will survive, at least in the near-to-medium-term... but the Diablo franchise may not.
if they fix a lot of the problems that ppl have been screaming since day 1...
itemization, loot, chat&friend system, endgame, duping...maybe

but it has been almost a year and nothing is fixed...all failed attempts and make the game worse
boosting legendary drop rate while not fixing itemization and rolls is just fail

the game is not rewarding, the community is crap, and the game is legitly a snore fest
A few things I've noticed about this game and the people who play it are the following.

1.) They are easy to hate and judge others.

2.) They are so snobby they even ignore most item drops as if to suggest it's beneath them to NPC them.

3.) Most of the people playing this game are not very bright and want everything handed to them, the example is in the nerfing/modifying direction this game has taken.

4.) Everyone expects instant gratification and when something pushes you to invest time for it, it is easily hated because the majority of society will always opt for the least masochistic path to success. When players see the success of a select few in streams on Twitch or Youtube the easiest path is to hate them or imitate them which takes away from the enjoyment of the game on either case.

Too many people spend too much self-entitled time crying about how the game didn't meet their expectations and less time finding something that makes them happy. I sincerely doubt most people even take a moment to stop themselves and just think about and change things in their life that tick them off. There is sooooo much hate in the online world these days. It's the worst it's ever been. I am sure calling attention to any of the points I've mentioned will be met only with hatred and spiteful rebuttal.

I guess my point is to be patient and stop demanding instant gratification. Good things take time and if you have a lot of stress, do something to relieve it instead of resorting to oozing your hatred into a community of people you've never met in real life and probably never will meet.

For the trolls:

1.) I've been playing since May 15th so don't say I'm a noob or green when you ignorantly look at my profile and think the characters there are my only characters.
2.) 10 years blah blah blah, shut up, that comment is old.
3.) Hating on me proves me right.
4.) Hating on me proves me right. I repeat this because it's an important point.

-- Edited for improper grammar and possibly misinterpreted "foul language" (rolls eyes).
I think the developers are going to be done with this game very soon. There will be no expansion. The only reason we are going to get the lackadaisical version of pvp which we are about to receive is because they advertised that we would get pvp. So, we will get it and it will be the bare minumum because they all already got our money and they recognize that it was a failure as far as maintaining fan base. It was not a failure in sales as one would expect being that they titled the flop after a not so similar game with a strong reputation. Pvp will not be innovative and this game is going down a path that is pushing me away from anything Blizzard or Activision touches. The company recognizes that the game did not meet expectations and will abandon ship while only leaving behind a few personnel to keep this unfinished project somewhat playable.